main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels episode ideas thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Swashbucklingjedi, Oct 22, 2013.

1. BobaFan101

BobaFan101 Jedi Padawan

Dec 3, 2013
    Just a rough draft man ;)

2. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    And arc of him hunting down remaining Jedi would be great.

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I feel like Vader getting involved with fighting Jedi needs to be saved for special occasions or prominent Jedi. Either returning characters from the films (like if they retcon Shaak Ti's death again), important Jedi from the EU that might make an appearance, or if there is an OC character introduced in the show that proves himself to be a thorn in the Empire's side and the Inquisitor repeatedly fails to take him/her out, forcing pappa Vader to step in,.

But I think that's got to be reserved and held back for awhile, like they did with Palpatine fighting (you had to wait for the final Star Wars movie to see it on the big screen, and the final season of TCW to see it on the small screen).

They might not need to withhold action sequences involving Vader THAT strictly, but I definitely think less is more and that they shouldn't play that card in the first season.

4. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    I love it. <3

Sent from my addictive smartphone using TapaTalk 2.

5. BobaFan101

BobaFan101 Jedi Padawan

Dec 3, 2013

6. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Something with Zuckuss and 4-LOM being hired to deal with a group of rebels; time to get to see the remaining two ESB bounty hunters in animated form.

kubricklynch and darklordoftech like this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Agreed

8. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Yes, I definitely want to see some Jedi chase scenes like in the end of Season 5 of TCW.
    Maybe Vader becoming accustomed to his suit
    Rebel Bombings
    Imperial Expansion and Consolidation
    Hunting down Separatist warlords, a battle on Mustafar would be cool

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  9. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Mustafar always struck me as possibly being a very young planet, only one or two hundred million years old since its formation.

A young terrestrial world would be like that. The first stage is a fully molten crust - a global magma ocean. Then it starts solidifying, but for a time (some millions of years) it remains much more geologically active, vulcanism everywhere.

10. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Black Sun
    Boba growing up and becoming powerful
    New bounty hunters and tcw bounty hunters
    Zilo beast
    Hondo
    Empire episodes
    Sidious
    Cad bane against boba fett
    Vader killing maul
    BO katana and mandalore

11. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Episodes showing the Vader and Inquisitors hunting what few Jedi might be left.

Vader bringing the Pain to anyone who dares to say the Empire isn't cool.

Episodes showing how the Rebels formed, their early strikes against the Empire.

Episodes following specific Storm troopers and/or tie-fighter pilots.

Inner workings of the Rebellion & the Empire.

Female Imperial officers.

The death of Ashoka preferably at the hands of Vader Kind of like how he kills Roan Shryne(sp?) in that novel Dark Lord.
    She's laying there mortally wounded. As she is dying, he reveals to her that he is Anakin.

I would like the waters to get muddied. Not constantly Empire bad Rebels good all the time. Make things complex, shades of grey.
    I would like to see an episode showing Janek Sunber or someone like him. A loyal Imperial officer that believes in the Empire, sees its faults, but instead of running away to the Rebellion, decides to stay to try to change the Empire from within. I know, too much to hope for.

I know how I would like it to end: with the Rebels and Imperials preparing for the Battle of Yavin.

Scenes of young Leia working at her father's side and eventually taking an active role in the Rebellion. Maybe encounters between she and Vader and Palps.

The Death of Jar Jar.

Oh! And an episode or two showing just how the Rebels got the X-Wing.

12. Darth Wookiee

Nov 29, 2013
    I want an episode where Gungi meets Chewbacca.

And then an Inquistor comes......

13. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    A four episode story arc featuring droids which is totally uninteresting and doesn't contribute anything to the overall narrative of the conflict.

cdgodin, Revanfan1 and Zabrak 3 like this.
  14. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    A three or four episode arc of the final hours of the Clone Wars. Doesn't have to quite the first episode but one of the first.
    A season long arc featuring ex Jedi Ferus Olin trying to piece together the Rebellion. Ending the season with him facing off with Vader, and then closing with him protecting Leia from afar.
    Obi-Wan getting used to life on Tatooine.
    Remaining elements of CIS. Perhaps a Separatist that wasn't on Mustafar the same time Vader was.
    Young Han joining the Imperial Navy. A couple episodes and maybe a two or three parter showing him go on missions. A season or two later gets thrown out for saving a Wookie.

15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Death Star destroys whatever planet Zilkins are from.

16. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    With some information trickling in about the show now, I can kind of form ideas and wishlists for what I'd like to see them do with the show - which, in the world of working alone for 8 hours a day, is the kind of thing I can think about to keep my brain busy.

More of a general road map of a wishlist of ideas rather than full episode ideas.

Lothal is a very pro-Empire world initially. One of the main characters is looking to enlist in the military. The planet, without warning, is locked down, all ships are grounded. The Inquisitor shows up and rumors begin to spread that there must be a Jedi on planet. Kanan and his master have been in hiding here and are flushed out. The master is mortally wounded, but as he flees from the Empire, he comes across the character looking to enlist. The two know each other, but the would-be Imperial soldier didn't know that the man was secretly a Jedi. Before dieing, the master passes off his lightsaber, saying he has sensed that the Force is strong in the cadet and begs that they don't let the light of the Jedi go out in the Galaxy. The Imp is initially put off by this, feels lied to, and thinks the man to be a traitor (since he's a Jedi).

The Inquisitor however becomes aware of the exchange between the Imp and Jedi Master and so the Imp, despite being a loyal citizen, becomes an Imperial target and so has no choice but to go on the run, as the Inquisitor seeks to contain the Jedi and eliminate them, and prevent any information from spreading. An explosion then hits a facility on Lothal, drawing much of the attention away from the Jedi and Imp Cadet

The Imp and Kanan eventually fall in with the pilot of the Ghost who bails them both out and runs the Imperial blockade to get them off world. The pilot says he's part of the resistance against the Empire and welcomes both in the vein that any enemy of the Empire is a friend of his. The Ghost runs supplies and weapons for resistance fighters. The Cadet insists that Kanan and the Pilot are traitors and that he's a loyal Imperial citizen and that it's just a misunderstanding, but Kanan is able to convince the Cadet that those caught by inquisitors are never heard from again, and that he can kiss his Imperial career goodbye.

The Cadet and Kanan mention that they've never heard of any resistance to which the Pilot mentions that this is because Palpatine does not want word to get out that there are those that oppose his rule and that he doesn't have complete control of the situation. He then takes credit for the explosion on Lothal as part of a series of attacks aimed at the Empire.

Several episodes then pass of bounty hunters being sent after the Ghost and how the Ghost evades capture. The Ghost eventually makes it back to base where we see it operates for a resistance led by Saw Gerrera. As has been discussed in the "other kinds of evil" thread, this proto-Rebellion would be much more violent than the Rebel Alliance to come later. They are using vastly outdated equipment, things like retrofitted AATs and Separatist hardware that was procured when the Separatists withdrew from Onderon. His mission is largely just to show that the Empire is a failure and can't keep its people safe, and so conducts his activities more like a terrorist cell. Doing whatever he can to make the citizens of the Empire most afraid and causing them to turn against Palpatine for not being able to keep them safe.

Meanwhile on Coruscant, Bail meets with Mon Mothma, having become privy to the fact that there is a growing resistance movement that has struck Lothal and has the Imperial military anxious. They then begin to consider finally taking action by organizing an alliance with this resistance to make a united opposition against Palpatine.

Saw is disinterested in working with Imperial senators after the events of TCW and the death of Steela. Bail, Mon Mothma, Garm Bel Iblis and other senators like Meena Tills meet with Saw and note the sorry state of the equipment that Saw's resistance is using. Bail offers to provide the funds to procure new equipment, such as replacing old Z-95 and reprogrammed Vulture Droids with X-wings. Mon Mothma stresses though that if there is to be any cooperation, that Saw's terrorist tactics need to stop. Saw isn't interested, but some of his lieutenants beg him to reconsider given the aid that these wealthy senators can provide.

Shortly thereafter Meena Tills goes missing and nobody knows what happened to her. Palpatine then goes before the senate and says that he had uncovered a plot by the Mon Calamari to revolt against the Empire. Mon Cala is subjugated and the citizens rounded up and enslaved, though officially "interned." This leads to open revolt with the Mon Calamari forces largely being decimated, but with some ships (and individuals like Ackbar) being able to make it out.

Saw uses this incident to rally his supporters, arguing against Bail's tactics of taking greater risks on military targets. Bail, and the other anti-Empire senators remain firm and Saw's influence begins to slip as he feels he is being usurped within his own organization by Imperial senators and he instead plays along, with the aim of manipulating these senators to unknowingly help him stage an assault on the Senate building itself.

The Ghost is involved in this mission, but it ultimately fails and Saw gets himself killed as his pride causes him to be more reckless in proving himself. The resistance then begins to look to Bail and the others for leadership, but they refuse to take a public role in their opposition to the Empire, and that to keep the money coming, they'll have to not draw attention to themselves. Someone else though that is more in line with what the senators want, is selected to take Saw's place and the groundwork is laid for the beginning of the Rebel Alliance as old equipment is phased out, militias are pooled together, and senators begin taking action against Palpatine that would get them killed if discovered. Kanan as a Jedi and symbol of the Old Republic is elevated quickly as an advisor within the organization and slowly begins to go back more and more to the Jedi way.

The story would then go into the miscellaneous adventures of the Ghost and its crew as they carry out missions for this budding Rebel Alliance. The Inquisitor would be rebuked by Vader for his failure to handle the situation on Lothal, and would be reminded that he has to remedy the situation quickly while Vader is busy rooting out opposition to Palpatine such as that on Mon Cala.

The Inquisitor would eventually be killed and Vader would slowly transition from off-screen tasks initially deemed more important than what the Inquisitor was dealing with, to getting more and more directly involved in keeping the Rebel Alliance contained.

The Rebel Alliance would then begin to snowball as more and more incidents like the one on Mon Cala occur and sympathy for the Rebellion grows, though since the roles of the military governors do not overlap yet with that of the senate or their planetary governments, Bail and the others are able to keep their activities hidden.

Jedi would then begin to come out of hiding and join up with the Alliance, finally feeling like there is a chance to bring the Empire to justice. A droid carrying a message for Yoda, asking for his help would be sent but intercepted by the Empire and destroyed, never reaching him.

The Rebels would then be sold out as a turn coat brings it to the Empire's attention that a massive fleet is being amassed in opposition to the Empire to overrun many of the Outer Rim territories and that many Jedi are among them (and for my own personal amusement, yes, I would bring Ahsoka out of hiding for this). Before the fleet is ready and all the Rebel Forces can be organized, the Empire would pre-emptively strike, leading to a massive battle more akin to those of TCW, with Vader, several inquisitors, and thousands of stormtroopers on one side, with Jedi and Rebels on the other (might also give meaning to where Dodonna and Ackbar picked up on "may the Force be with us"). We would also see familiar faces like Yularen's. This would be like the Siege of Osaka, in which anti-shogunate forces began to amass an armed force in favor of the previous ruler's heir, fought heroically, but were ultimately decimated.

This battle would ultimately serve a purpose more like the Battle of the Black Gate in Return of the King. Keeping the Empire's attention away from the Ghost and a small task force as they simultaneously are sent on a mission after being tipped off to some extremely important facility being constructed in secret by the Empire. And while the large army is ultimately destroyed, all Jedi being killed, and Palpatine being his evil self and doing something like showing clemency to those that would lay down their arms, only to kill them anyway, the Ghost would succeed, with the final scene being it handing off the Death Star plans to Leia's ship to take back to what few Rebel ships still remain, stationed as Yavin IV.

Somewhere during these events, Vader would catch wind of the attack occurring elsewhere, would abandon the fight and go in pursuit of Leia, and it would be discovered that Bail was moving large amounts of money to fund the Rebel Alliance.

purplerain likes this.
  17. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Just throwing it out there, but I think it would be interesting to see the Imperial Inquisition as a whole organization. For example, having different Inquisitors other than the Pau'an we've been shown already, and each Inquisitor has his own unique style and weaponry and goes about killing things in a different way. Maybe the rebels defeat the first Inquisitor in the first season and the Empire gets down to some serious business by sending out hardcore Inquisitor teams aided by Shadow Stormtroopers that really ramp things up for the main cast. Oh, that would be so awesome!

Also, I said it before somewhere, but have the series end with a big finale featuring the theft of the Death Star Plans. With Kyle Katarn. Because Kyle Katarn.

18. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    The effort you put into this post is absolutely amazing. I'm in awe. Two questions:
    1. What is the ultimate fate of the Ghost?
    2. Does the Devastator appear, and if so, when?

19. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003

The Devastator is Vader's flagship during this era, right? I would assume that it would appear whenever he does (so long as he's not planet side somewhere).

After handing off the Death Star plans to Leia, it would really transition into ANH where the story really shifts to that of Leia and ultimately Luke and Han as well. Of those three, it ultimately becomes Luke's story more than anything. I would think the Jedi, like Kanan would be dead by this point for "Return of the Jedi" and "A New Hope" to really make sense as titles and also to give greater weight to Luke's success or failure (Obi-Wan and Yoda consider him the last hope). As for the ship and her surviving crew, they could still be out there, just off camera. Such as being part of the fleet gathering near Sullust in ROTJ that Palpatine wasn't concerned with.

purplerain likes this.
  20. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    My idea for an episode would probably be in the season 2 finale 2-3 parter (Depending on how fast the story goes it can change around)

Lothal is in full out revolution. In the previous arc or 2 they have taken control of the Imperial Star Destroyers around the planet. They have pushed the Stormtroopers out and killed the Inquisitor. Everything is good and happy. They begin to contact other planets to try and help them start rebellions. Everything is looking good for these Rebels. Then Vader shows up to put down this rebellion after the Inquisitor's failures.

At this point, Vader and the 501st begin to absolutely decimate the planet. It's bombed, the people are massacred the entire rebellion is thrown down in a show of power from the Empire. Basically saying "Don't mess with us." The rebels try and fight of, with episodes cutting back and forth between space battles, Vader massacring the rebels and the Ghost crew doing...something cool and important to the plot. At the end of the 3 episodes, Lothal is basically in a Taris-eque situation. It's completely ruined and the last remnants of any rebel fleet from Lothal goes on the run, the rebellion crushed. It would be such a gut punch moment.

That would be an awesome end to a season. Then of course this massacre leads to widespread revolts over war crimes and evil of the Empire yadda yadda Rebellion turns widespread and we have Galactic Civil War!

21. Darth Wookiee

Nov 29, 2013
    I want a episode with Rahm Kota and his militia.

A Shaak Tii and Rahm Kota team up?
    Very.

22. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    The crew of the Ghost meets the Kaleesh resistance, led by the hennish and shrewd widowed Mrs. Grievous (first wife!), the brains in charge of the civilian government, and Benitilais San Sk'ar, the brawn in charge of the Kaleesh military.

podjazd likes this.
  23. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I made up some stuff, First arc-idea is just playing with an idea of Korkie Kryze being son of Obi-Wan and Satine:p :

Mission Failed

The crew of the starship Ghost meets with Sabine's family and allies on Kalevala. Mandalorian resistance movement, calling themselves Real Mandalorians (and being led by Bo-Katan Kryze) is hiding there and planning to retake the Mandalore from the Empire.

Imperial Moff Almec, previous Prime Minister of Mandalore, is ruling the world with iron fist. Elite soldiers of Imperial Death Watch protect Sundari with Imperial army and Concordia has Imperial Academy there for training officers, Tie Pilots and stormtroopers.

Bo-Katan has made up a plan and her nephew Korkie Kryze, together with his friends Soniee, Amis and Lagos are about to infiltrate into academy under fake ID:s to sabotage imperial positions from inside. Crew of the Ghost helps them in this plan.

But plan goes severely wrong when Korkie is detected in Imperial routine testing to be Force-sensitive. According to the Imperial protocol unusually high midichlorian count is reported to Darth Vader and he sends Inquisitor to test Korkie further and investigate his background.

Bo-Katan realizes that she had failed sending Korkie to the mission and tells Kanan and his company to go looking for Obi-Wan Kenobi. If Kenobi is alive he is the answer for the problem and probably Korkie's father as well (Satine being his mother. Bo-Katan didn't realize this, because her and Satine's dead sister brought up Korkie as her son).

Returning characters: Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger, Zeb Orrelios, Hera Syndulla, Chopper, Sabine, Bo-Katan Kryze, Korkie Kryze, Soniee, Amis,Lagos, Almec, Inquisitor

New Characters: Sanir Katsel-Ordo (Captain of the Imperial DW), Onder Mereel, Artois Viszla, Errus Kett (Mandalorian resistance fighters), General Ethurelles (Imperial commander of the Academy)

Main Locales: Mandalore, Kalevala, Concordia

The Son of a Jedi

Kanan Jarrus is visited by a spirit of Qui-Gon Jinn who tells him to go to Tatooine to find Obi-Wan Kenobi. Meanwhile Inquisitor has brought young Korkie to Sundari, where moff Almec recognizes him and realizes his background. Inquisitor tests Korkie and interrogates him, but he seems to have no idea that he is a son of a jedi.

In Mos Eisley Kanan and Ezra are attacked and captured by group of bounty hunters. Ultimately Obi-Wan appears and helps Kanan's crew to defeat the bounty hunters.

Obi-Wan agrees to go with rebels to help Korkie, his own son (as it appears). But Kenobi, now using alias Ben, wants to remain anonymous so that Vader cannot find him.

Meanwhile Bo-Katan manages to infiltrate in the Academy on Concordia to save Soniee, Amis and Lagos, but Korkie is taken by the Inquisitor off-world. Darth Vader wants to see son of Obi-Wan Kenobi with his own eyes and orders Inquisitor to bring Korkie to his personal research ship.

Returning characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger, Zeb Orrelios, Hera Syndulla, Chopper, Sabine, Bo-Katan Kryze, Korkie Kryze, Soniee, Amis,Lagos, Almec, Inquisitor, Sanir Katsel-Ordo (Captain of the Imperial DW), Onder Mereel, Artois Viszla, Errus Kett (Mandalorian resistance fighters), General Ethurelles (Imperial commander of the Academy)

New Characters: Panabase (female Klatooinian bounty hunter) Kutne Rimmales (male Neimoidian bounty hunter) BXZ-88(Modified Bx-series commando droid and partner of Rimmales), Hoorior Edne (male mirialan bounty hunter), Turrusge (Male Dug bounty hunter)

Main Locales: Tatooine, Mandalore, Concordia

Jedi Rescue

Korkie Kryze is taken by the Inquisitor to ISS Empirical, Darth Vaders personal research ship. Vader himself is still on Coruscant.

The Ghost's crew manages to track down the Empirical to the Aquilaean system with the help of the Inquisitor's last known trajectory from Mandalore and the Force guiding them. Using the armor of the imperial stormtrooper Obi-Wan hides his identity from the security cameras when he boards the vessel with Kanan and tries to save his son before Vader arrives.

Inquisitor, who is unable to match Obi-Wan in duel makes a drastic decision and murders young Korkie before Obi-Wan can stop him. Heartbroken Obi-Wan and Kanan have to escape the ship without him. Obi-Wan decides to return back to exile to look after Luke, but tells rebels to contact Bail Organa, who can help them in their fight against the Empire.

Bo-Katan is even more determined to overthrow the Imperial rule of Mandalore, but sad to hear about Korkie's fate. Sabine continues to crew the Ghost and promises that she'll return to Mandalore if needed.

Meanwhile Vader arrives to Aquilaen system and is very angry with the Inquisitor. Darth punishes him violently for his failure, but Inquisitor is still needed so he may live.

Returning characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Vader, Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger, Zeb Orrelios, Hera Syndulla, Chopper, Sabine, Bo-Katan Kryze, Korkie Kryze, Inquisitor

New Characters: Captain Sunrider (commander of the ISS Empirical), DD-15X (Doctor droid aboard ISS Empirical)

Main Locales: ISS Empirical (in Aquilaean system), Kalevala, Tatooine

I have another arcs I have made up. I will post them later.

24. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    I still want a musical episode. C'mon Disney! Make it happen!

DavraCahan and CoolyFett like this.
  25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Politics of Imperial rule and what ordinary people think of it. Would be interesting if the majority of the galaxy supported the Empire in the early days and the rebels were viewed as terrorists.