main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Things that would make you squee if they turned up in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    We've been told to expect the series to begin c. 5 BBY.

Oh, and Contessa, heck yes to those Imperial Commandos! I'm really, really hopeful we'll get to see this design pulled from the Lucas archives and finally put to good use in Rebels:

[​IMG]

2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Imperial troops that aren't all white but are actually in some kinda camo.

The stormtrooper (and before it clone trooper) armor was that way because it was made by the Kaminoans, whose eyes saw in the UV spectrum and to whom the colors of visible light (visible to humans) were invisible. It is for the same reason that the interiors of the Kaminoan cities were stark white everywhere. There was actually quite a bit of stuff on the walls that the Kaminoans could see and read, but was invisible to humans who cannot, of course, see in the ultraviolet regimen.

Best I can tell, the Kaminoans are in a minority as UV-seers, and most species in the galaxy presumably see in the same general spectral range as humans. Thus keeping the armor that Kaminoan brilliant white for multiple decades into the Empire is stupid.

It's doubly stupid as during the Clone Wars era, it did get properly camoed up - the clones on Kashyyk in RoTS were wearing woodland patterned armor, the clones at the Second Battle of Geonosis (Landing at Point Rain and the ensuing arc) were in desert camo. But then the Empire comes along and suddenly they go back to brilliant white. Which makes the stormtroopers targets. Ironically it could be camo itself if every single invasion was on a Hoth type planet - but other than that, pure white is stupid.

If the Pentagon came down with a decree that the US Army and US Marines in the theater of combat would now be wearing new all-white BDUs, there would be a mutiny.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Pure white could be a way of telling people everywhere "we fear nothing and have nobody to hide from". It made sense from that perspective for the Empire to go back to using white. And they used all white for everyone for total, anonymous consistency, which also made a statement.

Having said that, though, I agree it would be cool to see camoed trooper uniforms like on Kashyyk or on TCW in the ST.

4. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Rotta the Hutt :p

5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Fixed. :cool:

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, Jabba does specifically mention in his Will that he has no heirs. [face_whistling]

7. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    All ships are equipped with G-Level Canons.

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    -Anything involving the ST

-Amedda, Moore, Pestage, Greejatus, Aloo, etc.

-who does and who doesn't know the truth about Palpatine and Vader

-OT Imperials and Rebels

9. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Think the only thing that would bug me is making Vader the bad guy who is always beat and has to flee like Grievous
    And teens as the lead heroes.

10. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Not that we'd know it involved the ST for another year. ;)

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    It'd be great if they did a show from the villains' POV

12. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I would love if they actually showed a Mandalorian (or two, or three, or more :D) conversing in actual Mando'a. That was a missed opportunity with Death Watch in TCW, I think...they could have showed them actually speaking with each other in their native tongue, if only in the background. Plus, wouldn't it be cool if a Mandalorian interspersed Mando'a words with Basic?

IMO it would have been way cooler had Bo-Katan actually said this:

[​IMG]

Instead of: "Never! No outsider will ever rule Mandalore!"

Of course, they need to have an actual Mandalorian in Rebels, so here's hoping!

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I would squee if Bo Katan showed up.

14. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I hope she gets a new hair style first. The mommy haircut doesn't suit her.

15. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I wonder how she would look with really short hair.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There's always the shaved-head option.

17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I agree with this. However, I will say that as far as actual Mandalorians go, Bo-Katan and her faction were probably as close as TCW would come. I wouldn't be opposed to them showing up in Rebels. And I'd certainly love for them to converse in Mando'a.

So would I. Manly squee, of course. Manly squee.

18. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    David Tennant getting on the show
    Squee'd so much when it happened the first time

19. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    - The embittered Commander Cody from the TFU 2 novel (one of the few things from the TFU franchise I liked - seeing this grizzled old clone trooper hold nothing but disdain for the non-clones now under his command).
    - K'kruhk.
    - More Tarkin.
    - More Hutts and their powerbase.

20. Atantiabo

Atantiabo Jedi Knight

Dec 7, 2012
    Not the same bunch of kid, in the same spaceship in each and every episode, for the whole season.

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    I don't have high expectations for the show, but there is something that would make me squee: actual decent tactics. Everyone wielding a blaster in TCW seems to have attended the "rush directly up to the lightsaber-wielding opponent so you can die faster" school of strategy, and it grated my nerves. The droids could at least be excused in that they had no fear and were programmed for swarming tactics, but countless living beings that supposedly possessed survival instincts decided it was a jolly good idea to run right up to opponents armed with only melee weapons for no discernible reason (see: clone troopers vs. Savage in "Witches of the Mist").

Beyond battlefield tactics, I'd be quite gratified if actual common sense is applied to solve problems. For example, everyone complains about how hard it is to hold Jedi prisoners. No, it isn't, at least for anyone with a minimal degree of rational thought. Simply introduce them to the wonderful world of being a quadruple amputee. And since if you've got a Jedi you've got a lightsaber, there is zero excuse for failing to immediately remove their limbs when you intend to keep them around.

TKT likes this.
  22. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008

The absolute worst example of this was when the clones first confronted Krell in 'Carnage of Krell'. One of Obi-Wan's troops literally runs up to the four-saber-wielding maniac in the small room for absolutely no reason whatsoever. The result is predictable:

At 57 seconds:

TKT and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  23. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    They should have had artillery dialled in on the top of that tower before going in to confront Krell. Instead of all rushing him, when it was obvious he wasn't going to come quietly they should have withdrawn from the room and lit it up with arty.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    San Hill and Tikkes

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Maul dueling Vader in Rebels would be cool to have.

BobaFan101 likes this.