main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Trivia Challenge 2.0 – Game 3: Your patience has paid off... we're ba-ack!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by GGrievous, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012

Why did I only get one point for that?

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Because you only answered one of the two.

3. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    I replied "It's a part of Anakin's first lightsaber"--how is that not answering both questions?

4. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    1. Is this a) a part of something or b) a standalone item (not a part of something else)

That was the part you answered. I can't give you both based on your answer alone because I need an owner, not just "it's part of Anakin's first lightsaber." Do you see what I mean?

5. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    No, I don't. The sentence "It's a part of Anakin's first lightsaber" contains the possessive formof the proper name Anakin, indicating the owner.

But, you're the quiz master, they're your rules, so I'll play by them. Cheers.

6. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    In SW, anyone could have a part or a whole of something, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're the owner of it. There's a few examples that come to mind; i.e, Grievous' lightsaber collection. So if I were to say that you have a part of Anakin's lightsaber, does that mean that you're the owner? No. You have the part, but Anakin is the owner. For the question, it's a part of Anakin's lightsaber. But who actually owns it? Two parts to the question. I'm not cheating, but rather being fair. I can't give you both points because you only gave me one of the answers.

7. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    I feel my luck may have run out but an answer for question 9 has been sent.

I'm so stoked I'm the first one to answer :p

Darth Chiznuk and GGrievous like this.
  8. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    Anakin's is possessive form. It implies ownership--that's what the word possessive means. Grievous' lightsaber collection is Grievous'; it means Grievous is the owner. If I have part of Anakin's lightsaber, that means Anakin is the owner. The answer to the question Who owns Anakin's lightsaber is included in the question.

But, like I said, your game, your rules.

Anyway, answer sent.

9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    It's not a difficult concept to grasp. Using what I said above, tack on the two answers.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd be very surprised if I got this right. It was the only thing I could think of but I'm not sure if it counts. Oh well, my answer is sent. [face_nail_biting]

11. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    BUM! BUM! BUM! Getting ready to send in the mother of all answers tonight. BUM! BUM! BUM!

very dramatic statement, if I shall say so myself. ;-P

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Given that he's had more than one, I agree with you. Who else could own the first one he ever made? If making them wasn't such a big deal, Kenobi wouldn't have scolded Anakin for losing his.

My question is: was Anakin's saber that was broken on Geonosis, one and the same?
    If so, then either Jango or Dooku owned the hilt of his first saber.
    ;)

13. Darth_Laudrup

Jul 7, 2004
    Answer sent.

And just for the record I am quiet envious of dear Uncle Palpy because of this. ;-)
    (I hope this doesn't give away too much)

14. Darth_Laudrup

Jul 7, 2004

Well you're still one of the leaders of the game, and it is close a close race, so I wouldn't be surprised if you've got this one right too. :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Hope so. It was the first thing I thought of but like I said I don't think it counts. I'll keep it though because I can't think of anything else. Hope I don't fall behind because this is an extremely close contest.

Darth_Laudrup likes this.
  16. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Thanks for being patient guys. The good news is that I'm free from finals. :p

I'll have the new question up soon.

17. Darth_Laudrup

Jul 7, 2004
    Fantastic. Looking forward to it. But what is the requirements for getting to round 3?

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    10 points or more gets you to round three. All of you made it. :)

Aaronaman and Darth_Laudrup like this.
  19. Darth_Laudrup

Jul 7, 2004
    If we don't get this Question soon I will have to forfeit the game. Christmas is coming and I will be visiting family with no internet connection.

So in case you post the next question and I don't answer I just wanted you to know the reason.

20. Darth_Laudrup

Jul 7, 2004
    I am sorry, but I am not able to effectively use the boards until midnight the 26th/27th of this month because of the Christmas Hollidays. So I guess since the next Question has not been posted yet and will most likely be posted between now and the 27th I will loose any chance of winning this game.

21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Question 9 - Final Question for Round Two!

1. Palpatine owned a specific item from Alderaan. What was it?
    2. Where was it located?

Worth: 2 Points

Answers:
    1. Alderaanian relaxa bed.
    2. It was located in the sleeping quarters of his Chancellor Office on Coruscant.

List of Participants:
    1. Darth Chiznuk - 14
    2. Darth_Laudrup - 14
    3. Count Yubnub - 12
    4. Aaronaman - 11

22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Remember single elimination? Heading into round 3, we'll be doing single elimination. The question points are generated automatically and the questions are worth either 1, 2 or 3 points. Remember: the max set of points for round 3 is 25. If you incorrectly send me the wrong answer, or if it's partially correct, you will be eliminated. During round 3, you cannot resend me answers once they've been submitted. If you have any questions, please let me know. :)

Question 10
    Once native on Naboo, this species is now common on an entirely different planet. Please name that species and the planet.
    Generator points: 1

You have until Sunday the 29th to send me the answer. The game should then go back to its original Sunday-Wednesday, Wednesday-Sunday playing style.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Damn, I was for sure I got that one wrong! Maybe the game gods are on my side this time. :p

GGrievous likes this.
  24. Darth_Laudrup

Jul 7, 2004
    Told you so. :)

Darth Chiznuk and GGrievous like this.
  25. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Why do I hope the answer is Gooberfish?

GGrievous likes this.
Thread Status: