main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The NEW (12th) Jedi Draft!!- Return Of The Revenge Of The Draft (now in progress!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by heels1785 , Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Haha. Same here. Maybe we'll get it in the playoffs.

Numbers time. I've got three in. Let's make the cutoff Wednesday morning, and I'll roll out the matches at lunch.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Numbers I've got:
    Minch
    Jordan
    Mikaboshi
    TLI
    Skywalker
    Whitey

Numbers I need:
    DarkEagle
    Point Given
    Trimaj

Still got some time, but just giving the heads up.

Here are some standings for you:

STANDINGS
    1. Mikaboshi/Freedon's Nadds Go To Sith Beach 7-0 (37-32-1)
    2. DarkEagle/Holiday Special Blu-Ray Where? 6-1 (46-24-0)
    3. Trimaj/Mace and the Misfits 5-2 (41-28-1)
    4. The Loyal Imperial/The Orange Box 5-2 (40-30-0)
    5. Skywalker/The Count and the Castoffs 4-3 (35-31-4)
    6. Yodaminch/Crazy Old Hermits 3-4 (33-34-3)
    7. PRENN/Stylin N Lumiyan 3-4 (33-35-2)
    8. Whitey/1-800-SAVE A BOON DOG 2-5 (31-37-2)
    9. Point Given/Holy Sith 2-5 (30-38-2)
    10. Jordan/The Revengers and Friends 2-5 (29-41-0)

Some observations- Mikaboshi's getting it done in teams. He's 3-0, and even with fewer individual wins than the 4th place team, goes into the last week with a good chance of remaining undefeated in the regular season. DarkEagle, on the other hand, may not have any sort of cohesion, but he's tops when it comes to individual wins, holding the record for biggest wipeout, a 9-1 victory a few rounds ago. The middle of the field is very tight, and I could see any of the top 5 realistically winning.

If the playoffs started today:

[​IMG]

Whitey holds the one individual point over Point Given to stay out of the "play-in" game, which will be a quick (all ten matches at once posted and judged) play-in between the 8 and 9 seeds, since we have an odd number (PRENN is simmed).

Mikaboshi likes this.
  3. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I recognize those brackets. Good choice of site. :p

KenKenobi and heels1785 like this.
  4. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm still surprised I'm in 5th honestly :p

That, and my team seems to have a thing for draws.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    That looks awesome, great job heels1785.

6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Thanks all. All sets of numbers are in, and we'll roll today around midday EST. All ten matches will go up at that time, with arguments open until Friday.

Then we'll look to start the playoffs next week, that's what we're all waiting for, I think.

7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Here we go, folks. It's been fun, time to put a wrap on this regular season.

DarkEagle/Holiday Special Blu-Ray Where? vs. Trimaj/Mace and the Misfits
    Mikaboshi/Freedon's Nadds Go To Sith Beach vs. Whitey/1-800-SAVE A BOON DOG
    The Loyal Imperial/The Orange Box vs. Skywalker/The Count and the Castoffs
    Jordan/The Revengers and Friends vs. Point Given/Holy Sith
    Yodaminch/Crazy Old Hermits vs. PRENN/Stylin N Lumiyan

[​IMG]

We start with Number 7!
    Lord Scourge (prep) vs. Mace Windu
    Lord Nyax/Freedon Nadd vs. Arca Jeth/Cay Qel-Droma (!!!)
    Aryn Leneer vs. Kol Skywalker/Wolf Sazen
    Oppo Rancisis vs. Darth Nihl
    Shado Vao vs. Jax Pavan

Number 1!
    Azlyn Rae/Rasi Tuum vs. Darth Zannah (prep)
    Odion/Darth Andeddu vs. FORFEIT (Jeth/Qel-Droma)
    Darrus Jeht vs. Ganner Rhysode
    Pong Krell vs. Tulak Hord
    Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Caedus

Number 4!
    Kar Vastor vs. Adi Gallia
    Darth Krayt vs. Qui Gon Jinn/Ki-Adi Mundi
    Shaak Ti vs. Count Dooku
    Savage Oppress vs. Darth Malak (prep)
    Bastila Shan vs. Ben Skywalker

Number 10!
    Kerra Holt vs. Gavar Khai/Vestara Khai
    Exar Kun vs. Kenth Hamner
    Rahm Kota vs. Zayne Carrick/Celeste Morne
    Mother Talzin (prep) vs. Darth Wyyrlok III
    Kam Solusar vs. Raynar Thul

Number 2!
    FORFEIT (Rae/Tuum) vs. Kyle Katarn
    Darth Traya vs. Quinlan Vos
    Sarro Xaj/Raskta Lsu vs. Lord Hoth (prep)
    Maris Brood vs. Darth Sion/Darth Nihilus
    Mara Jade Skywalker (prep) vs. Lumiya (prep)

HALFTIME!

Number 6!
    Anakin Skywalker vs. FORFEIT (Khai/Khai)
    Darth Sidious vs. Vodo Siosk-Baas
    Revan vs. Jaden Korr
    Darth Talon vs. Darth Vader
    Ganner Krieg vs. Darth Bandon

Number 9!
    Satele Shan vs. Barriss Offee/Luminara Unduli
    FORFEIT (Andeddu/Odion) vs. FORFEIT (Mundi/Jinn) --DRAW
    Exile vs. Ferus Olin (lol)
    Eeth Koth vs. Lord Kaan
    An'ya Kuro vs. Alema Rar

Number 3!
    Darth Cognus vs. FORFEIT (Offee/Unduli)
    FORFEIT (Nyax/Nadd) vs. Luke Skywalker
    FORFEIT (Lsu/Xaj) vs. FORFEIT (Sazen/Skywalker) -- DRAW
    Darth Maul vs. FORFEIT (Sion/Nihilus)
    Nomi Sunrider vs. Cade Skywalker

Number 8!
    Darth Bane vs. Aayla Secura
    Darth Vitiate (prep) vs. Zekk
    Gnost Dural (prep) vs. Ulic Qel-Droma
    Darth Malgus vs. Marka Ragnos
    Tsui Choi vs. Vergere

And to close the regular season...Number 5!
    Asajj Ventress vs. Lord Kas'im
    Sora Bulq vs. Valenthyne Farfalla
    Ven Zallow vs. FORFEIT (Carrick/Morne)
    Darth Plagueis vs. Naga Sadow
    Antares Draco vs. Roan Fel

Mikaboshi likes this.
  8. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Darn it Ferus!! :p

Anyway, first impressions:

(a bit iffy on Ganner, since I don't know much about Jeht)

Shaak Ti vs. Count Dooku

Not sure on this one. First glance goes to the Super Trump, but Hoth is from their time period, and likely at least knew of their abilities, considering his rank. Toss in the Prep and the fact that their best feat had Battle Meditation back up, and I think Hoth will give them a hell of a fight. I'll need to do more work before I can say for sure though. I also think this is the deciding match. The rest seem rather cut and dry, but this one, is probably going to decide things.

Revan vs. Jaden Korr

Again...darn it Ferus!!

Arguments will be up if needed (and a definite one for Hoth).

9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Initial impressions. Some tight matches throughout- these will be the ones that need attention:

Nyax/Nadd vs Jeth/Qel-Droma- a pretty tight bout, would be excellent to see.
    Trump vs. Zannah (prep) - Zannah likely holds an edge with the prep to bust it, but it's close
    Obi-Wan vs. Caedus - brilliant matchup
    Krayt vs. Qui-Gon/Ki-Adi - same scenario as Zannah. Krayt likely has the edge, but close.
    Savage vs. Malak (prep) - these two are neck-and-neck when it comes to ability, I'm not sure that Malak benefits much from a) this location or b) prep. But it's a good bout
    Kota vs. trump - again, Kota with a good chance to bust.
    Mara Jade (prep) vs. Lumiya (prep) - probably my favorite match of this round. Very close, early lean is MJS.

Vodo is prepped. I missed that one. Not likely to help him.
    Nomi vs. Cade - likely Cade, but I'm on record for being very anti-TOTJ era
    Ventress vs. Kas'im - this would be a slugfest. At the moment, don't know where I'd go.

10. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I guess I'll try an argument for Kota/Trump too. Like you said, most likely a bust but worth a shot I suppose :p

11. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005

The opposing trump seems to have better cohesion, and battle meditation. Go with them.

My trump wins this obviously.

Best match for us this round I believe. However Krayt is significantly more skilled and accomplished than Jinn, in fact Krayt (before fully mastering the Dark Side) was close to being a match for a prime Kenobi.

Not much of a fan of ABC logic, but here it is anyway. Krayt>Maul. Maul>Jinn. Kenobi>Krayt. Kenobi>Jinn. Safe to say that evidence suggest that Kenobi>Krayt>Maul>Jinn. Additionally I would suggest that Krayt is > than Jinn by a good margin as well.

The trump does have cohesion, but cohesion obviously doesn't help Jinn much against Sith.

Mundi has never really impressed me much, I put more stock into Jinn here....and I don't believe for one instant that Jinn has the grit needed to take down Krayt, same for Mundi.

Kuntastic Victory!

Up in the air, I put more value on Traya than the judges do it seems. Odds are Voss would win this.

Darth Sidious vs. Vodo Siosk-Baas

I consider this a win for my team, Luke landing on a forfeit is a good thing.

Zekk is going to be overwhelmed quickly.

The little that we know of Farfalla is not all that impressive. He was considered by Raskta Lsu to be a hindrance when he was trying to help her against Bane. Bane for his part seemed to pick Farfalla apart easily, disarming him twice....and that was while Worror's battle meditation was still active.

Bulq for his part is a top notch melee fighter, shown to be a challenge for Mace Windu. His lightsaber form of vapaad is something that Farfalla has no experience with, and is something I believe would be a huge advantage in this fight.

12. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Hey! The SW TCG. Memories man, memories.

Arguments forthcoming for Shan v trump and Ventress v Kas'im.

13. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Looks like I have some arguing to do.

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    KenKenobi has simultaneously wet himself in glee, and cried himself to sleep. The first because this match is epic, and the second because someone must lose.

KenKenobi and heels1785 like this.
  15. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Satele Shan v Luminara and Offee

Recap of Satele: It's been 40+ years for Satele from when she first fought Vindiciain and Malgus above Korriban (Return trailer- note: she's a padawan at this point) to where we are now in that era. 40 years against the Sith. She served during the Great Galactic War (28 years, 3681 BBY - 3653 BBY), fighting mainly on the front against the Sith forces. This includes her fight in Hope on Alderaan vs Malgus (note: she's a Jedi Knight at this point, not Grandmaster, and she tosses him around like a chump) leading the Republic forces during the battle of Rhen Var (30 years after the war began in Return) against superior Sith forces and droids. Then during the Cold War (Sacking of Coruscant till mid-TOR, 11 years) she's doing various missions for the Republic (hex droid crisis, etc) and being Grandmaster of the Jedi Order. Then it's back to war when the Galatic War kicks off (mid/late TOR). She's tangled with numerous Sith Lords (Malgus, Baras, Angral, Mekhis) and beaten them all. Her Force powers are incredible- she tossed Malgus around on Alderaan, she can catch lightsabers on her hands, can crush blast-doors with a Force push, wreck droids that give full Jedi and Sith problems, and is an accomplished telepath.

As I alluded to earlier, I question the cohesiveness of the Luminara-Barriss trump. Barriss planted a bomb inside the Jedi Temple, which killed 6 Jedi (including one of her padawan friends) and more clones and civilian employees. She framed Ahsoka (her good friend) to take the fall, which would have lead to her execution. Barriss also used force-choke to kill an innocent person as part of her set-up of Ahsoka, used red lightsabers, and basically viewed the Jedi Order as evil- she's basically one "Unlimited Powaaaa!" away from Sith-dom :p Which leads me to question how well she and Luminara would get along, seeing as how master-apprentice relationships go after one falls to the Dark Side.

All that aside, this trump shouldn't be enough to take down Shan. Luminara doesn't fare well vs Ventress without help and Barriss hasn't shown herself to be much of a duelist either. Nor have they demonstrated any particular strength with the Force. Just your average, run-of-the-mill Jedi against a Grandmaster who's been at war for 40 years and is the greatest Jedi of her time.

Ventress v Kas'im

This should be a good one. Both have lose an advantage from the onset- Ventress is well-practiced against double-bladed opponents and her own dual-blade advantage is useless over Kas'im. I think the real discrepancy here is the quality of opponents they've faced. Ventress has fights against Kenobi, Skywalker, Windu, Yoda, Dooku, and numerous other Jedi Masters (Fisto, K'kruhk, Mundi, Koon, Luminara, etc). Kas'im is mostly reputation and his one quality opponent is a recently-graduated-from-being-an-apprentice Bane. He's the weapons instructor for the Brotherhood of Darkness- he has no fights against the quality Jedi of the time (Hoth etc) and doesn't face any of the other Sith in mortal combat (due to Kaan's views on Sithly brotherhood). Ventress' wealth of experience against top-notch opponents gives her enough of an edge to win this one.

16. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I'll have arguments for mine (namely Hoth/Trump and Trump/Kota) later tonight if all goes well.

17. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Have we ever actually seen Hoth fight? On-screen?

18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    In Path of Destruction yeah. In the middle of the final battle for Ruusan actually, doing stuff like throwing people into stasis without even looking at them. I'd have to dig up the quotes again, when I do the argument anyway.

He still lacks for duels against big names though.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Satele finally gets to let loose here.

Hopefully she'll draw a big gun in the playoffs. DarkEagle hit it right on the head- Alderaan was when she was at the midpoint of her development, and she brought a mountain down on a tremendously powerful (albeit limited) Sith Lord.

20. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Okay, correction...argument(s) up tomorrow. I forgot I have things to do tonight.

21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Shado vs. Jax: Shado's fought dozens of Krayt's sith and never been defeated. Jax barely survived Vader. I have my doubts that he could take on Shado and his fighting style one on one.

Kam Solusar vs. Raynar Thul: Kam should have this. He's more experienced and a more skilled Duelist than Raynar.
    Ganner Krieg vs. Darth Bandon: Ganner's like Shado. A skilled duelist and undefeated in the comics. Bandon was one of the earliest villains in the game to die. He wasn't exactly a hard kill either. Ganner on the other hand is a Master and one of Roan Fel's best knights. He went toe to toe against several of Krayt's best sith and survived. Not sure what Bandon brings over Ganner.

An'ya Kuro vs. Alema Rar: For all her craziness, Alema would probably get knocked senseless by the Dark Woman. Another duelist with unconventual style. She was able to hold her own against Vader before dying. Alema is too untrained and undisciplined vs. An'ya's skill with both the force and saber combat.
    Nomi Sunrider vs. Cade Skywalker: This is an interesting one. Nomi was one of the most powerful jedi in her time, not to mention she was the leader of the order at one point. She stripped one of the most powerful jedi at that time of the force. Nomi's stock may have dropped over time, but compared to the match above, it's about the same. Nomi has the power. She's experienced and trained and skilled in saber combat. For 90% of Legacy, Cade rejected his legacy. His skills with a lightsaber were good but he lost against several better duelists both in practice and fighting. It was his unique ability to see the cracks in others that really helped him in some cases, as well as his flirtation with the Dark Side. Like Cade, Nomi was around during a period of war with the sith. Cade may have a few surprises, but given he's not prepared for her, and given how other Masters and more skilled duelists handled Cade, I think Nomi can just barely win this.
    Tsui Choi vs. Vergere: Aside from Cloak of Deception (I think) and Traitor, I don't recall Vergere using a saber much. Tsui was a skilled combatant and held his own against Vader. Prepared, Vergere might have this. Unprepared, Tsui is a fully trained Jedi Master against a fallen, out of practice Jedi Knight. I think again, he just edges her out.
    Antares Draco vs. Roan Fel: We had this match in Legacy. Antares won.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Caedus: The theme of this round it seems. My team is full of fully trained, skilled duelists. And you don't get more skilled than Obi-Wan. Prepared, this would go to Caedus. Unprepared, Caedus was put in his place by Luke (held in his chair). Apparently Jaina needed to train with Mandalorians to kill Jacen but that's a bunch of garbage. She was skilled enough to kill him, despite some of the advantages she had in that match. Jacen's big claim is killing Mara. BUT. He was losing. The only reason he survived was the projection of Ben distracted her long enough for him to poison her. He didn't defeat her as a duelist, nor really with any force powers. Just tricks. Meanwhile Obi-Wan took out Anakin at the height of his power on Mustafar. Obi-Wan trained Luke. A peak level Obi-Wan vs. Caedus at his most powerful essentially goes like Mustafar. Jacen has some tricks, but so does Obi-Wan. Despite losing his Maul kill, he still did defeat him and Ventress as well. He survived Dooku and took out Anakin. When he did lose to Vader, it was to buy time and on his terms. In a one on one match. Obi-Wan is simply more experienced, more skilled and generally smarter than Caedus-who through much of that terrible series, gradually lost his mind.

Now the match of the round:
    Mara Jade Skywalker (prep) vs. Lumiya (prep) I'll just quote the wiki article on their matchup: Refusing aid from Skywalker or other Jedi, she then set out on her hunt for Lumiya, looking for an opportunity to end what she viewed as the Sith menace to her son. Jade Skywalker obtained such a chance at Hesperidium and ended with herself gaining a bruised eye, split lip, burned neck, and bleeding forehead while Lumiya suffered severe lightsaber wounds.
    So let's look at that. Mara basically gets some scratches, burns and bruises, while Lumiya suffers severe wounds. Unprepared Mara against Lumiya probably goes to Lumiya. Prepared Mara against Lumiya? Should go to Mara as we know she has a shoto. But really it comes down to training. Lumiya's is mostly incomplete despite her assertion of being Sith. Mara was the Emperor's best hand. She defeated the mad clones of C'Boaath and Luuke. She pummeled Nom Anor and she wounded Lumiya severely during one matchup. She's a Jedi Master and one of the most skilled assassins in the galaxy. She nearly defeated Caedus on her own. Now granted, circumstances often led to various advantages. But one on one, I think Mara is more powerful, better trained and more skilled. Lumiya's big edge is the whip. But Mara knows that and can prepare for it.

22. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009

Okay, the big one here (IMO). The Super-Trump has yet to lose a match, and for very good reason. Those two working together are a monster, that can overwhelm darn near anyone if they don't have Skywalker in their name. But that being said, I think Hoth has a decent chance of coming out on top here.

Why? Well, to begin with, the people the Super Trump has fought so far had no experience with them, and thus no way to plan a way to fight the overwhelming lightsaber abilities in said trump. This is a crippling disadvantage against such good fighters. Hoth on the other hand, even without the prep, doesn't have that handicap.

Both parts of the trump served with Hoth on Ruusan. This is important, since no general would want to go around not knowing the abilities and skills of his soldiers. Especially Jedi as elite as Lsu/Xaj. Toss in the Prep, and he can use that knowledge...add onto it...and plan a way to counter their skills. In this case, the weakness both of them have towards Force powers, by virtue of their over-specialization on lightsaber combat. Force powers are something Hoth has experience with, considering in the final battle of Ruusan, he is perfectly able to throw a Sith into Stasis while distracted and not even looking at him. Such a move likely won't work on either part of this Trump, but it shows Hoth is far from a slouch in Force abilites.

In fact, one of the few things that consistently messed up Lsu in the duel with Bane (while she had the BM support) was his Force pushes knocking her around. She recovered quickly enough, but again, that has to be viewed through the lens of the BM support. Hoth may not be a monster in the Force like Bane, but he doesn't need to be, since the trump lacks the Ithorian's support.

As for the other half of the Trump, Xaj relies mainly on his brute strength and the size of his lightsaber during the duel with Zannah. Against Zannah, and with BM support, that worked remarkably well. Hoth however, is not physically weak by any means. Maybe not as strong as even base Xaj, but still hardly a weakling. Other than that, there isn't really enough on Xaj for me to say much more. Lsu is the one who has more to work with.

And it is admittedly impressive, considering how well she can blend her style with two guys she's never fought with in the duel with Bane. But, BM support tempers that as it does the rest of the Trump's main feat. The lack of BM is mostly countered by the fact that Xaj and Lsu are a master/apprentice team and thus have amazing cohesion (in theory) though.

In the end, I would say that its really going to come down on how much the prep helps, and how much Hoth can abuse his advantage in Force powers to try and break the Trump up in some way.

Next:

Admittedly, I would say Kota has a great chance at busting the Trump here. Neither Celeste nor Zayne have anywhere near enough strength to take the old warhorse down on their own. The only real chance they have of winning is taking advantage of Kota's blindness (however slight that edge is considering being blind obviously doesn't hurt him that much these days) and trying to have one pair of the Trump distract him enough for another to get in a killing blow. This might actually work, considering Kota doesn't have a duel against multiple opponents to his name.

Yes, there is the impressive fight with Starkiller 1.0. That and the arena from TFU2 give him a massive power advantage. But with the fact he hasn't fought two lightsaber wielders at once, it may prove damaging to him. I just can't say I know enough to say which would win. But I'll say Zayne/Celeste can win if they are able to take advantage of Kota's lack of experience (visual in any case) against multiple lightsaber wielders.

The rest of the matches seem cut and dry, though I can argue them if wanted.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Hope to have judgments up tonight, everyone. Latest is tomorrow morning.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Lord Scourge (prep) vs. Mace Windu
    WINNER: Mace Windu rolls.

WINNER: Arca/Cay. Nyax and Arca is a great matchup, and Nadd probably tops Cay in certain areas. However, the trump benefit of the lightsiders amplifies both, and they win.

WINNER: Kol/Wolf

Oppo Rancisis vs. Darth Nihl
    WINNER: This is actually a tough one. My vote goes to Nihl- Oppo is no slouch with the saber, but Nihl had a few decent showings, enough to slide by.

Shado Vao vs. Jax Pavan
    WINNER: Shado Vao. Jax has a very limited ceiling.

---

Azlyn Rae/Rasi Tuum vs. Darth Zannah (prep)
    WINNER: Zannah busts the trump. They're a solid one, but once you add that prep in, there are only a select few who I could see prevailing.

WINNER: Odion/Andeddu

WINNER: The Ganner rolls.

Pong Krell vs. Tulak Hord
    WINNER: Pong Krell

Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Caedus
    WINNER: Hoo-ey. In short, Obi-Wan wins this fight. Caedus at his peak may be around Anakin's level on Mustafar, and Obi-Wan was able to grit that one out. He'll be on defense for much of this fight, just as he was against Vader, and even as Jacen/Caedus has many notches on his belt from the Vong War, etc., I still think Obi-Wan is crafty enough to pick apart a weakness and subdue him in the way Luke did.

---

Kar Vastor vs. Adi Gallia
    WINNER: Kar Vastor

WINNER: Another tough one. I go with Krayt. He's a bull, a brutish fighter in the same way Maul was, but significantly better at peak. Qui-Gon and Ki-Adi are both very passive fighters, and I don't see either lasting too long.

Shaak Ti vs. Count Dooku
    WINNER: Dooku

Savage Oppress vs. Darth Malak (prep)
    WINNER: This one did give me pause, but Malak can outsmart this dolt and get the victory.

Bastila Shan vs. Ben Skywalker
    WINNER: Ben Skywalker, although Bastila isn't an especially great matchup for him.

---

Kerra Holt vs. Gavar Khai/Vestara Khai
    WINNER: Khais

WINNER: Kun

WINNER: Got to go with Kota here. The trump isn't especially powerful- good enough to take down midlevel talent, Kota has established that he is right on the fringe of the top tier.

Mother Talzin (prep) vs. Darth Wyyrlok III
    WINNER: Mother Talzin. Wyyrlok is smart, but not powerful enough to overwhelm the barrage of magic.

Kam Solusar vs. Raynar Thul
    WINNER: Kam Solusar

---

FORFEIT (Rae/Tuum) vs. Kyle Katarn
    WINNER: Katarn

WINNER: Quinlan Vos, he's beaten better.

Sarro Xaj/Raskta Lsu vs. Lord Hoth (prep)WINNER: This one is very tough, Skywalker did bring in some great points. The problem is, we don't really know what Hoth can do. We know he was strong on the battlefield, we know he was a leader, and that's essentially it. There is no standard to which we can hold him (i.e. he's beaten X, Y, and Z). Don't get me wrong- a lot of the fighters on this board also survive on reputation alone, but we have finite feats from this trump, and they are really good ones. While I do think Hoth's familiarity with the trump would give him an early advantage, it takes a real level of proficiency to beat a trump this good- the problem is, I can't say with certainty what Hoth's proficiency is. My vote goes to the TRUMP.

Maris Brood vs. Darth Sion/Darth Nihilus
    WINNER: Sion/Nihilus

Mara Jade Skywalker (prep) vs. Lumiya (prep)
    WINNER: Another great bout. Originally, I was inclined to go with Lumiya- however, MJS has more tangible experience, certainly against a variety of opponents, and she at least knows of Lumiya through Luke. Vote goes to MJS.

---

Anakin Skywalker vs. FORFEIT (Khai/Khai)
    WINNER: Anakin Skywalker

Darth Sidious vs. Vodo Siosk-Baas (prep)
    WINNER: Darth Sidious

Revan vs. Jaden Korr
    WINNER: Revan

Darth Talon vs. Darth Vader
    WINNER: Darth Vader

Ganner Krieg vs. Darth Bandon
    WINNER: Ganner Krieg. Minch is cleaning up here.

---

Satele Shan vs. Barriss Offee/Luminara Unduli
    WINNER: My vote goes to Satele Shan. This is a VERY good trump, and I don't hold Barriss' recent transgressions against her, significantly. However, Satele's ceiling could eventually be near Yoda's. She is tremendously powerful, and although most of the combat we have seen on screen is not at peak, even her Knight-level strength would likely allow her to win this fight.

WINNER: Poor Ferus Olin. Exile wins.

Eeth Koth vs. Lord Kaan
    WINNER: Bleh. This one stinks, because Kaan has literally done nothing. But Eeth Koth has done negative nothing, so I guess Kaan wins.

An'ya Kuro vs. Alema Rar
    WINNER: Dark Woman, but it is very close.

---

Darth Cognus vs. FORFEIT (Offee/Unduli)
    WINNER: Cognus

WINNER: Luke

Darth Maul vs. FORFEIT (Sion/Nihilus)
    WINNER: Maul

Nomi Sunrider vs. Cade Skywalker
    WINNER: Cade Skywalker. The physical prowess of Cade is what gives him the edge- Nomi brings more experience, and probably a higher proficiency of Force use to the fight, but Cade has faced those odds in just about every fight he's been in, and he prevails.

---

Darth Bane vs. Aayla Secura
    WINNER: Bane

WINNER: Vitiate

WINNER: Qel-Droma

Darth Malgus vs. Marka Ragnos
    WINNER: Malgus

Tsui Choi vs. Vergere
    WINNER: Vergere gets the vote for me. Higher ceiling, Tsui Choi is a fighter best suited for a trump, there's just not enough there.

---

Asajj Ventress vs. Lord Kas'im
    WINNER: Again, a tough match. We have one very good showing by Kas'im, that ends in a loss to one of the 10 best in this draft. We have far too many crap showings from Ventress against some mid-level talent, but we also have some incredible ones, against the likes of Kenobi and Skywalker, and trumps. Comes down to this- Kas'im suffers in a fight like this, because we are so familiar with Ventress, and her feats are substantial. Kas'im would likely take 3-4 out of 10, but I don't have enough confidence in him from that Bane fight or from their sparring sessions to place him above Ventress.

WINNER: This is a close one too. Sora Bulq is the more physical fighter, and gets the win.

WINNER: Zallow

Darth Plagueis vs. Naga Sadow
    WINNER: Plagueis

Antares Draco vs. Roan Fel
    WINNER: Draco

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    And of course because I cannot edit these posts, for some reason, this is how I scored the matches (since we did all 10 at once)-

Eagle over Trim, 6-4
    Mikaboshi over Whitey, 6-3-1
    TLI over Skywalker, 5-4-1
    Jordan and PG tied, 5-5
    Minch over PRENN, 7-3

However, still have votes from KK and Inty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.