main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST This time next year

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dolphin, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    That's what Lucasfilm has almost always done.

2. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    This time next year, expect the first behind the scenes webisode.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    At this time next year, this thread will discussing what will have happened at this time in 2 years, and it will be a vicious cycle for the rest of eternity.

4. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    This time next year, due to the lack of actual news, and overabundance of willy-nilly postings, there'll be a sequel to 'This time next year'. A 2.0 thread, if you will, likely run by some new member named @Tuna or @Salmon or something of that nature. :p

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  5. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    This time next year we might get a teaser trailer with the Hobbit 3................

6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Just out of curiosity, how soon into Trek production did we get a teaser???

7. chris hayes

Nov 13, 2012
    It was October the 4th 2012 Abrams showed 3 frames of Star Trek : ID on Conan so based on that we might not see a teaser until The Avengers 2 in May 2015 which makes sense as with Avengers under the Disney umbrella......

8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Thanks for the info.

Question though -- wasn't the first teaser the one with the constructing of the Enterprise? That's the teaser I was actually referring to. When did that one come out? (It contained no images from the actual movie.)

9. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    By this time next year we'll hopefully have a teaser trailer!

10. chris hayes

Nov 13, 2012
    Echo-07

Not sure on that teaser you refer - I know there was a 2 min trailer released on I-tunes on December the 17th 2012 & a 30 second teaser at the Super Bowl Feb 2013 :)

11. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    This time next year will be the one year away mark so hopefully we'll get SOMETHING. Perhaps an Episode 8 announcement?

12. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    Was that an attack? Also, I'm not new.

13. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    This time next year the mid season finale of Rebels will having me waiting impatiently for next half of season 1 to start back up.

Immortiss likes this.
  14. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Oh man, I think that's actually likely. I mean, I'm excited for Avengers anyway - but toss a Star Wars trailer before it? I may actually see the thing at release.

15. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    We will know that Jar Jar Binks has turned to the dark side.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

That would make a hilarious SNL sketch.

17. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    What are those? :confused:

EHT and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    They existed in 1991. [face_not_talking]

19. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Haha. No, of course not. Just joking. At some point, usually, threads seem to reach a limit in which they are then continued in a second thread over time, and so I was kidding that this time next year we as fans would likely still have no concrete info regarding Star Wars, and would overrun this thread with rumors/gossip. Then, because I think the name Dolphin is cool, I figured I'd just joke about this potential "second thread" ironically, being started by another fan using a fish name as their profile. It was all supposed to be an ironic statement, intended as nothing more than a joke. I tend to reread things before I post them over and over and over again, and as such it is never my intent to come off in a negative manner, and after reading the above I had honestly thought there'd be no possible way for that to happen, but sorry if it came across as anything more than I'd intended, as I realize it's hard to tell if someone is kidding over text. Again, though, it's not an attack, and I didn't even know it could potentially be an attack since your name, likely, isn't actually Dolphin, nor was I running you down in any manner whatsoever. I'm a pretty sarcastic person, I like to joke around, and yet I realize one has to be careful with what they write...this was a case in which I thought there is absolutely no way this will be taken out of context. I stand corrected.

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Dolphins are not fish. [face_not_talking] :p

21. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Echo-07 chris hayes I think you guys are talking about two different ST movies. For ST09, principal started on November 7, 2007 and ended on March 27, 2008. The teaser trailer showing the construction of the Enterprise was attached to prints of Cloverfield, which was released in mid January, 2008. And yes, it did not contain any footage from the movie.

Echo-07 likes this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hopefully, this time next year we will have paid good money to receive exclusive content which helps us piece together the film just like the good old days:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Life changing. Shut up and take my money. Again. :(

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm still upset that the finished film did not, in fact, feature Jango with a colorful umbrella.

DarthRelaxus and Force Smuggler like this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My bitterness has not yet subsided. I was there at midnight to get the action figure and there was no umbrella. I knew we had been deceived at that point...

Force Smuggler and EHT like this.
  25. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999