main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Which scene most often brings tears to your eyes?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ananta Chetan, Sep 7, 2013.

1. skyrimcat9416

skyrimcat9416 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2013
    When Obi-Wan says to Anakin at the end of ROTS:

"You were the Chosen One!"

"You were my brother, Anakin! I loved you!"

Andy Wylde and Master Kinard like this.
  2. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    This scene doesn't make me tear up, but it does give me the chills every time I watch it:

[​IMG]

Because this is, in a way, Anakin's "binary sunset" moment. This is really the beginning of the end for Anakin -- he's staring out at the dual suns, much as Luke was and his fate is still undecided. But he's moving towards the point of no return. This is where Anakin's descent really begins and the darkness begins to take hold.

[​IMG]

This scene also makes me inexplicably sad because Anakin says "I won't be long."

And I always can't help but think:

"Yes you will Anakin. You won't really be back for another 26 years. Because a part of you will stay buried in that camp with your mother until you can let go of that fear and pain. And that won't happen for a long, long time."

3. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    PT: The climax of Revenge of the Sith. Those final segments bear an impression because the overall tone capturing Anakin's fall to the dark side truly represents the old adage that a single individual can change the course of the world, or in this case the galaxy. Anakin is now Darth Vader having lost all ties to his humanity upon receiving the news of Padme's passing, Luke + Leia are separated at birth, Obi-Wan + Yoda are forced into seclusion for the remainder of their lives, and unbeknownst to the galaxy they are about to succumb to crushing times under the ironfisted rule of the Empire. Powerful stuff.

OT: No doubt Return of the Jedi, the scene in which Luke reaches out to his father with cries of help, as he is pumped full of electricity at the Emperor's hands is a sequence that always gives me goose bumps, with the camera transitioning from Luke writhing in pain to the helmeted gaze of Darth Vader reflecting that moment amidst silence. The lack of words spoke volumes about the seriousness of the circumstances...one of my favorite scenes of the entire saga. Later to come, are the images of Anakin, Ben and Yoda at peace observing Luke + company having lifted the veil of darkness; rejoicing in their newfound freedom. If the Star Wars saga were to ever come to a close, that was it imho. The perfect sendoff, in which we get to celebrate with the heroes their legacy.

4. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    If episode 9 is indeed the last movie in the saga it will have a hard time trying to top this ending

Luukeskywalker and Mystery Roach like this.
  5. SerRoel

SerRoel Jedi Master

Oct 7, 2013
    I never really cry with movies but the 'you're breaking my heart' and 'you were the chosen one' are the most emotional scenes in my opinion. I always get goosebumps in those scenes along with many other scenes.

6. James Skyrunner

James Skyrunner Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 5, 2013
    Ill have to go with the mustafar scene when obi-wan tells anakin that he was like a brother and he was supposed to bring balance to the force not lead it into darkness I felt rele bad for obi-wan because u can tell that duel rele hurt him

James Skyrunner

AniLukeRey and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  7. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    This is probably my favourite single scene in all six films. It's not just that Anakin stares at the sun, he also stands in front of a "cliff" (fall, anyone?) and the shadows carefully stop right before him (one more time?). I also adore the link to the Mustafar scene in ROTS when Anakin is shown in a very similar shot and the viewer finally sees the sky and the clouded sun from his POV.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Where he started out and where he ended up.

Tears? I don't cry :) But the most emotional scenes for me would be the moment when Anakin starts choking Padmé because he sees Obi-Wan, the Immolation Scene and Yoda's death in ROTJ (Frank Oz was great here, as Mark Hamill).

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Probably my top three (maybe not tears, but definitely a lump in my throat):
    ROTS: Obi-Wan's "You were the chosen one / you were my brother, Anakin, I loved you!" lines to Anakin.
    ROTS: Ending scene with Obi-Wan delivering Luke to the Lars on Tatooine and then riding off while they hold Luke and look at the sunset.
    ROTJ: Anakin's final words to Luke before dying: "Let me look on you with my own eyes / you were right about me / tell your sister, you were right."

9. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    That's an amazing scene as well -- I love the way the music crescendos. But it's also a great scene because it represents how trapped Anakin is. Where once he had a choice (symbolized by the two suns), he has now doomed himself. He no longer sees any way out and thus the eclipse is representative of the trap of the Dark Side.

In addition, this scene further heightens the theme of isolation that is present throughout the film -- Anakin is often alone and, in fact, Padmé is the only one who really goes to him in these moments. And soon she'll be gone as well, through Anakin's own actions. A really somber and beautifully composed scene, in my opinion.

10. Denco

Denco Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2013
    Like some of you have already said - I do not cry at movies but this was most emotional and intense for me:

The whole fight, the final Obi-Wan's speech, that look into Anakin's eyes ...

Andy Wylde and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  11. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    A quite short,sweet and moving Revenge of the Sith Tribute Fan Film has been posted recently. I have been enjoying it a couple of times a week, and it never fails to move me, in some way. The opening scene is of the Clone Troopers marching up the Jedi Temple steps, lead by Anakin, but with a beautiful haunting score, replacing the original soundtrack, and also mixed with the dialogue of Padme and Anakin on Mustafar played over the scene. Heart wrenching.
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/star-wars-revenge-of-the-sith-tribute.50016156/

12. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    The whole of episode III is very emotional, just the opening is so awesome. Defiantly the end of the revenge the sith for two reasons. 1.With the great music by John Williams, after all that has happened, with all hope gone, we look into the two suns with luke as are only hope just knowing that he is the new hope amazing way to end it all. 2. That was the last of Star Wars we would ever see.....not anymore now so not as sad but still

Andy Wylde and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    This is my personal favorite

[face_laugh]

14. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I give you ... The Star Wars Saga!

“Yousa thinking yousa people ganna die?”

“I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.”

“Love won’t save you, Padme. Only my new powers can do that.”

“But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!”

"Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf herder!"

“Hold Me...”

SerRoel, Cryogenic and Darth Raiden like this.
  15. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    I always get teary eyed when Yoda passes away/ becomes one with the Force and when Luke looks up and sees the spirits of Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin.

ROTS does have some very emotional moments, too. I definitely think that parts of the Anakin/ Obi-Wan duel have brought me to tears.

CoolyFett and Andy Wylde like this.
  16. Darth Raiden

Aug 28, 2013
  17. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    For me, its usually Anakin's final words to Luke. The scene is so short, but every moment feels real.

Anakin: "Now, go, my son.....leave me....."
    Luke: "No. You're coming with me. I'll not leave you here; I've got to save you."
    Anakin: "You already have...Luke. You were right.....you were right about me. Tell your sister.....you were right..."

:_|

Barbecue17 likes this.
  18. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    That was an incredible video, but I wish whoever made it had included Anakin first meeting Padme at Watto's shop.

Darth Raiden likes this.
  19. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    Yeah- basically the second half of Jedi- Yoda, Anakin, the Force spirits, the celebration, the "celebrate the love yub nub song". The whole thing can be one giant fanboy sniffle fest. I only watch Jedi in the Spring and mid Fall so I can blame it all on allergies. [face_laugh]

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  20. IIA_MasterSHenson

IIA_MasterSHenson Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2013
    Tears of Sorrow
    *Order 66
    *QuiGon's death/burning
    *Shmi telling Anakin not to look back
    *Padme's funeral
    *Obi+Anakin fight ("You were the chosen one/my brother. I loved you")
    *Shmi's death
    *Luke being shocked by emperor in front of Vader

Tears of Joy
    *Vader helmet removed
    *Vader throwing emperor down shaft

21. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    So beautiful! So Star Wars! I love these videos that encapsulate how the entire Saga is connected!
    I do agree that the lack of the first meeting (As well the lack of Shmi and Qui-Gon, who I consider the mother & godfather of the Saga) is quite noticeable.

CoolyFett and Darth Raiden like this.
  22. Darth Raiden

Aug 28, 2013
    Man I think I've lost count how many times I've watched that vid, and this is from someone who generally doesn't watch star wars music vids

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  23. Master Kinard

Master Kinard Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2013
    For me, in ROTS seeing Padme arrive on Mustafar and converse with Vader is so powerful and sad. Portman does a wonderful job of portraying the pain that Padme is feeling when she tell's Vader that he is going down a path she cannot follow. The music at that moment really makes you feel sorry for her since she has lost her husband to the Dark side.

24. Doom Trooper

Doom Trooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2014
    The Luke/Vader climax of ROTJ, definitely. Hard not to get emotional during it, and also Vader's funeral where he's cremated.

25. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Order 66. The score alone here can invoke an emotional response from me. Add the visual tour of a wondrous galaxy and its defenders meeting the first significant wave of Empire, as well as some amazing animation/"acting" where Yoda seems to momentarily age decades before finding his resolve again, and I see one more reason why ROTS is overall the most powerful of the cycle.