main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Mommy, where do baby Jedi come from?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth Nerdling, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Lord Ctessor

Lord Ctessor Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2013
    If they are cool with it why don't we see more of it? It would make the Jedi look really immature.
    [​IMG]

VanishingReality and TaradosGon like this.
  2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't think that the Jedi are going out there, having random one night stands, getting people pregnant, and then coming back to claim the baby from the mother soon after it's weaned.

This implies that all Jedi are descendants in one way or another from a finite number of Force sensitives, or even a single one, if inheritance of Force sensitivity is the only way to account for new Force sensitives.

I'm guessing the Force can rise spontaneously. As others have said, the Force is also said to have a will. So it's possible that it just continuously manifests itself spontaneously from time to time.

The topic of sex is never tackled in the films. Really all we get regarding relationships is that attachments and possession are forbidden. In other words, I take that to mean that the Jedi essentially must be married to their job, they must show compassion to all beings and cannot show favoritism or try to control another being. I.E. don't let love get in the way of the mission.

I don't even think it's ever explicitly stated in the films that a Jedi can't get married. So perhaps if two Jedi have control enough of their emotions to have a relationship but not let it in any way get in the way of their duties (i.e. don't jeopardize a mission to save your wife/husband; sacrifice her/him for the greater good, if necessary), then perhaps Jedi could have relationships and children (just a guess)?

I mean, I felt it was implied in ROTS that Obi-Wan knew of Anakin and Padme, but that he was keeping it a secret. The only time it really became an issue was when he was going to let his personal feelings get in the way of the mission.

3. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Who and Taria Damsin?

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Obi-Wan Kenobi.

5. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Good man!

6. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I think this topic is being overanalyzed. What's the big mystery. All beings are conceived through sex. Some beings simply end up being gifted with the ability to use the Force. That's all.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  7. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    ok, I happened to come across this pic and thought it would be perfect for this thread:p

[​IMG]

8. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    Some of the EU books suggest that everyone in the "Star Wars" universe has some level of sensitivity to the Force, but only a select few ever learn to harness it.

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    And TCW hints that everyone can use the Force on a very low level.

Season 1 Episode 1 (I think called Ambush) Yoda says:

"clones you may be, but the Force resides in all creatures. Use it you can, to quieten your mind."

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Alexrd like this.