main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    Just some quick insights from Pablo Hidalgo and Brent Friedman regarding the Bonus Content.

podjazd and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That dude reproduced? Or did he create a new version of himself in his lab?

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    good question

4. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    That would make sense! But an icky thought. [face_sick] I think I'd enjoy a Sith with a family...Darth Soprano. I wonder what Vader had in mind, when he wanted to turn Luke. Was he gonna create a Sith monarchy?

Speaking of which, as I'm not deep in the EU, I always imagined Palpatine as asexual. Its just too strange to imagine him that way.

5. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Obimus Primobi

IIRC, the bonus content trailer shown in Poland had Shaak Ti in what was likely the Order 66 arc.

Sigh, Brent is such a tease...

On the subject of Muuns...
    More equally useless thoughts to ponder... What if one of the Muuns is secretly Darth Plagueis in disguise, after he used his arcane Force powers to survive Sidious' assassination. Muahahahaha! We can then tie the Clovis arc with the Order 66 arc and the Yoda arc, since Plagueis was involved with the Kaminoans and the clone army, as well as convincing Sifo-Dyas to order the army on behalf of the Republic? And what if that "hooded, cloaked figure" with the red lightsaber that Yoda battles is a vision or apparition of the Muun Sith Lord? You know how TCW loves to tie in to "unresolved" plot points in the films. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried cramming all of these plot points into the remaining episodes to create an apparent potpourri of something that will baffle us with its narrative incoherence, or absolutely blow our minds with how well-tied up all of these ideas are put together!

Or perhaps it's just one long Force vision experienced by Yoda because of the Mortis shenanigans. Heh, I'm rambling now...

Gotta be the latter. In vitro fertilization, baby!

8-}

But in all due seriousness, darklordoftech, I wouldn't be surprised with an ST villain grown in a lab from one of Plagueis' "failed" experiments.

Darth Kickass likes this.
  6. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    I don't think we ever received confirmation that the Poland trailer was real though, did we?

7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    No, but I love the idea of Lama Su being in league with Sidious.

8. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    ANAKIN YEARNS FOR THE BONUS CONTENT
    From the moment I saw clips, all those months ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of it. And now that we speak of it again, I'm in agony. The closer it gets to release, the worse it gets. The thought of not seeing it- I can't breathe. I'm haunted by the clips that they should never have given me. My heart is beating, hoping those clips will soon become a arc. They are in my very soul, tormenting me. What can I do? I will do anything that they ask... If you all are suffering as much as I am, please, tell me.

9. Darth Mateus

Darth Mateus Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2013
    Had a little idea today, it concerns the "unfinished episodes" stuff. It would be kinda nice, if they put finished parts of unfinished episodes into one episode, giving each charcter around 2 minutes of screen time, just to give us heads up, what those guys are up to, something like Ahsoka living in a Yoda hut style on some planet, Rex and Cody enjoying some drinks after battle, Anakin - Obi Wan talking beside some fire (that would be the Ani-Obi arc much talked about) ... and I don´t know what else exactly...
    If they made something like that the last episode of TCW it would be kinda fun, no real story, just parts of characters´ lives.

Darthgoodguy and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  10. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    You mean something like "Tales From Ba Sing Se"? That could be interesting. I have been interested in seeing a similar style episode in TCW

11. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I imagine he actually eventually split into to Hego Damasks and just renamed the newer one after himself

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm not even sure where you're going with that but I'm getting nightmares already.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Shame they allowed Venamis to die.

Or did they?
    [face_devil]
    No. His mastery of the force was so complete that the Muun willed his ashes to reassemble while Palpatine was accepting the Galactic Throne and disappeared into the underbelly of Coruscant... or something.:p

14. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Or an "Ember Island Players" episode.. xD

15. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Zombie Venamis? The guy kept being killed and resurrected, it's like he's become Schrödinger's Sith Lord or something. Dead or alive?

So Plagueis has become Dr. Manhattan, able to reconstitute himself in the atomic level? 0_o Man, he has truly become a "Quantum being" (Ch. 15 of the novel).

Love the signature, BTW. Bet you'll have a fanboy squee if both Vos and Plagueis show up in the ST. :)

16. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, I've just about given up on Darth Maul making it to the ST...

Now, I'm placing all my eggs in a basket with the 2 dudes who could have been in the PT, but weren't.

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe Venamis had a secret apprentice for whom Fig'Doran was a spy. [face_devil]

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  18. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Mortis related sigs, rock.

Just sayin.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

Only the one to which you're referring.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  20. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    leaves from the vine...

cwustudent likes this.
  21. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Guys, just coming back with something interesting to report...

Over on the Rebels/Star Wars FB feed, there's this guy (pseudonym Cad Bane) who constantly rants at them about cancelling TCW.

So I gave the guy a vague (and, to protect any sources who provided the info, not-entirely-accurate) version of what I have said before, that there were confidential details about Cartoon Network's exclusivity contract that prevented Disney from continuing TCW---essentially saying it was all Cartoon Network's fault. Well, now something happened that doesn't often happen... the posts were hidden, and I was banned from continuing to post on those feeds. And people post false things on there all the time, and they post in ridiculous ways; one guy commented probably twenty times on the same post, and his posts weren't hidden and he wasn't banned. So there's no record of them deleting false information from the threads. This isn't something I've seen happen before. To me, it lends some decent credibility to the idea that it's truly out of Disney's hands, and that they haven't shifted the blame onto CN simply because of a confidentiality clause.

So, sorry if that was too public... but at the very least, now we know.

22. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    That leads credence to the legal preceedings they have gone through/are going through to release the bonus content. Sounds like a gag order considering that's the official Star Wars and Rebels feed by Lucasfilm, and they wouldn't want the contractual stuff made public on an official forum.

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Interesting. I've long felt that simply blaming Disney for being evil and cancelling TCW for the fun of it was an overly simplistic view of what happened.

24. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  25. Cad Bane 66

Cad Bane 66 Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2013
    Interesting.. and you said they didn't even bother to read the comments lol. You see if it wasn't for my rantings you wouldn't have discovered this :D

I deleted my comments because I thought you deleted yours and it looked like I was talking to myself. Well I believe you now ill stop ranting about Disney cancelling TCW but I won't stop letting them know of my interest in more TCW.

Because according to Dave Filoni : "The same is true in a lot of areas for Clone Wars. We had built such a big, expansive world guided by George. So my hope is that over the years, people remain interested in it, and a lot of that stuff will get out over the years. We’ll see more and more of it because there’s a demand for it."