main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like Disney movies from Little Mermaid onward, but I have a bad feeling about this.

I think Disney should have just had a Jafar/Evil Queen 'ship and saved themselves one character model.

2. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    It was inevitable that this would happen at some point. I just didnt think it would take seven years.

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I finally went to see Peter Jackson's Middle Earth, Episode-Two...
    [​IMG]
    and I'll leave it at that, for now.

4. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Just got a second monitor and having fun messing around with it. Sooooooooo cool. Even though I'm on a laptop, I can't go back to just one screen.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    What do you do with a second monitor? Watch something while you're surfing?

(...says the woman who posts from an iPad about 90 percent of the time because I don't want to take my lazy ass off the couch,)

I just found a music video to B2K's version of "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" that features Sonic the Hedgehog in a Santa suit.

That's how he gets the toys all over the damn planet in one night. He's the fastest thing alive.

Seerow likes this.
  7. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Finally got to watch The Desolation of Smaug. I thoroughly enjoyed the film, even with the judicious adaptation of Tolkein's writing. The spider scene didn't seem too bad, but perhaps that was because of how thoroughly prepared I was for it, and how rather obviously foreshadowed as well. In fact I couldn't help smiling when Bilbo put on the ring and could understand them talking to one another. A bit heavy on the elf-action with Legolas and Tauriel though. I was especially thrilled when Bilbo and the dwarves finally reached the Lonely Mountain though. CumberSmaug was magnificent.

Can't speak for Fanboy, but I typically would only use a second monitor for multi-tasking, like running multiple data-intensive programs such as those necessary for compiling code, running simulations, etc. I agree that having an external monitor for one's laptop is pretty great. When I have the chance, I like connecting my notebook to an external monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers, so it's almost like I'm working on a desktop CPU.

8. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I had to use my laptop for a few weeks after my GPU died, I definitely couldn't go back to a single screen long term. I do have a monitor addiction though....

[​IMG]

Seerow and Circular Logic like this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That's sweet-looking.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's also definitely a gamer thing. Same with graphic artists and the like. My school was multi-monitor heaven. :D

Seerow and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  11. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    CAD and IT guys like it multiple monitors as well.

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Sweat setup. Makes me wish I had a desk and a desktop. =b

I have duel monitors at work and they are handy for multitasking. Laptops used to get me by fine for multitasking before the switch over to 16:9 screens. I really miss my old dell with the WXSGA+ screen. Says the girl who just uses her little dockable Acer tablet most of the time.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Quite a few people at my office have two or three monitors. I tried using two for a while, but one of them died and I didn't bother replacing it... I actually prefer just having one large monitor directly in front of me. And at home, I'm just on a laptop (or my phone) anyway.

14. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    ^This. I was not happy when dell replaced my old laptop with a RGB LED WUXGA with one that had a WLED FHD screen. It pretty much just sits in my book bag now. 16:9 is for TVs, monitors should be 16:10 IMO. :-B

I would be happy with 2 small monitors or a large monitor at work. My employer seems to think I can manage several remote support sessions at the same time from a little 20" 16:9 monitor. [face_frustrated]

EHT and Seerow like this.
  15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Man, I have missed the Android version of Tapatalk,

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  16. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I hated Tapatalk prior to getting an Android..

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I like the iOS version for the most part.

18. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Never used it. Is tapatalk something where you talk to the phone and it does voice-to-text?

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nah, it's the mobile app for a good amount of online forums, including the JCF. It's like having the Facebook app- making use of the site much easier and mobile-use friendly, as opposed to opening the site in a browser app, such as Safari (which I use). I can see the appeal, but I'm fine just using Safari on my iTouch (don't have any fancy smart phone ;) ), and I never really feel the need to use it much anyway.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I use Tapatalk on my phone, it's great for those of us old people who can't see up close. The only thing I don't like is that I don't get my notifications unless I click on that section and look for them, but it's definitely been worthwhile.

Tapatalk HD for the iPad is terrible though. It looks like the phone version of Tapatalk next to the page in Safari and it's way too cluttered. I deleted it and just use Safari on the iPad now.

21. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    You may want to check the notification settings. The notifications pop up in the menu bar (like Facebook) on my phone.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I'm kinda jaded against it I guess because every time I go to a new forum (or even an existing one if I've cleared out my cache and cookies) I get jumped by at least two layers of annoying popups trying to get me to use tapatalk. That's the kinda thing guaranteed to harden me against using it.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Going to try that, thanks.

I was in your neck of the woods over the weekend. Sweet Jesus, it was hot and crowded. I got shrimp and grits though, so I'm good.

24. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Really? Were you by chance at an O'Charley's in Aiken on Friday? There was a family from NC walking out as we walked in.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't get in until about 9 pm but I'll have to ask my sister where she and my parents ate dinner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.