main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    Dee Bradley Baker said the Order 66 arc would have been the season opener.

2. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    I honestly can't remember, but I think it was said on Twitter by either Brent Friedman or Matt Michnovetz.[face_dunno]
    EDIT: Damn my slow typing fingers. Thanks al patrickson I bow to your superior knowledge.^:)^

al patrickson likes this.
  3. Darth Desolous

Darth Desolous Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    Thanks. Well, I guess then Valorum is likely not the one.

Anyway, I just thought of a reason why Dave's not talking about the Clovis arc. Because he wouldn't be so secretive about it (like not revealing what the arc is about) since we have been knowing about it long before Season 5 even ended. If he's been revealing about the Yoda arc, I don't see why not for the Clovis one.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think we've known about Clovis since the beginning of season 5. I remember that it was the season 5 arc I looked forward to the most.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Same here!

6. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I love the show, but hearing about some arcs that got canned (dark Ventress...) makes me furious we got D-Squad and Ahsoka Chuchi Detective Co.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I want a Arc for Bonus Content called Assassinate Ahsoka, WAC and Gascon

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Whoever made the decision to can any type of Ventress arc in favor of those two arcs, deserves to be strapped to a cast iron chair and forced to watch Barney the purple dinosaur and Elmo skits on repeat.

9. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    As the dad of a 2.5-year-old girl I face this torment daily! But, ya know, I liked the changes of pace of those arcs. But I may be going senile, so...

10. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    No one canned the Ventress arc, but the show got canned before they could animate it. They could always come back to it some time (not holding breath but a glimmer of hope).

11. Darth Desolous

Oct 26, 2013
    I wonder (and hope) if the Obi-Wan/Anakin arc was one of the arcs near completion that will make the cut, it could be the one of two important arcs that Dave Filoni was referencing too. The other one might be that "unknown" arc, or the Order 66 arc for obvious reasons.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    -sigh- Interview is nice and all but disappointed and starting to get discouraged by the ever present lack of info. A last hurrah for the prequel character huh? Content important of the story of the Clone Wars? Stop dangling carrots infront of me. I just want to see some of this stuff or atleast get shown some light at the end of the tunnel. Okay, patience Seerow, be patient. Remember you think its gonna be freaking March.

13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Yeah, Filoni was obviously intentionally being as vague as possible while still giving us just enough info, that smallest bit of hint, to whet our collective appetites. A final showcase for a prequel character could honestly be a lot of options, so I'm not going to speculate there. I can see how the Order 66 and Yoda arcs could potentially answer long-standing questions that may or may not have been touched upon in detail in the EU, but what I'm most interested in knowing is the kind of "closure" we can expect from the Yoda arc. Closure to what, exactly? The Sifo-Dyas mystery? His precise role in the creation of the clone army, and exactly what became of him after Sidious and Dooku deemed him expendable? Some closure on the Force Ghost mystery, i.e. what the Whills taught Qui-Gon in becoming one with the Force while retaining one's identity? How Yoda came to find Dagobah? A final end to Mother Talzin's story? Some sort of revelation on Korriban regarding the Sith and their role in engineering the Clone Wars? Or perhaps a tantalizing glimpse into the Sith Grand Plan? Closure to a Mortis-related plot thread (I kid, but who knows, same writer)? All of the above? None of the above? [face_dunno]Am I missing anything else?

But honestly, like Seerow, I am really anxious to find out more, and can't wait for the arrival of the bonus episodes in 2014!

14. Darth Desolous

Oct 26, 2013
    It would be a whole year of no TCW if we get it in March... A whole ye-.... :_|

(After wiping away tears) Yeah, March is just around the corner, but it feels like we have been waiting years for this material and still surprised that we still don't know how may episodes it is, how we are going to see it and when it wil be released exactly. Still hoping for a release in late January/February instead. March is too depressing for us fans...

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah. I'm still thinking end of Q1. If something were coming in January I just feel like we'd have some had some kind of announcement and a date unless we get a sort of holiday announcement. Then my optimism fails me and I fear it'll be more waiting after that.

I just think we done speculated to death. We didn't hear anything new in the interview. I don't really think a trailer will help us much. I'm worry that since its probably half a season or less although I hope for more, a trailer for the bonus material would be kinda like the original one for The Lion King and show us everything that happens in one minute.

16. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    A teaser for 30 seconds wouldn't be difficult.

Darth Desolous likes this.
  17. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I'm happy to hear that the Yoda arc gives some semblance of closure. For all the things you guys seem to not trust Filoni about, this is one area where I don't think he'd say it if it weren't true; he likes to shoot off in so many different directions with the show that I doubt he'd get a "sense of closure" from something that didn't actually have it.

18. Darth Desolous

Oct 26, 2013
    So true. If we were getting it in January, then we should have got some sort of news by now. Maybe this interview was one step closer to getting an annoucement? As for a trailer, not really looking forward to one because it may spoil too much, but I wouldn't mind another clip or teaser.

19. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    You never know; if it's about waiting for contracts to expire at the end of the calendar year, they could roll it out pretty quickly in January.

Darthgoodguy and EHT like this.
  20. Darth Mateus

Darth Mateus Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2013
    Maybe there will be a surprise trailer/teaser on december 24th, you know, as a kind of christmas present :)

21. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    So about that Polish trailer for the bonus arcs, is there a chance we might see it online officially sooner or later?

22. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    :mad: WANT TRAILER, NOW... or smash happens. [face_alien]

;)

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    There is only so much material left so every clip or teaser also feels like it's taking a chunk away, Even if they do announce something first two weeks of twenty twelve I will be ecstatic, That would still probably mean a Feb release at the earliest for build up,

24. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Amazingly he and I work in the same city, in the same industry. Should his company ever have a job opening, I could seemingly apply and have him interview me. Crazy, huh?! Also, his office is about 5 mins from mine. I've never seen him in person, but at local networking events I always have my eyes peeled.

PraenomenCognomen likes this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Yea right, only in our dreams.