main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - Reconstruction

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCIS

TheCIS Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 21, 2013
  2. TheCIS

Apr 21, 2013
  3. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    Bill 986b: Funding for security, refugee relocation and immigration enforcement
    Proposed by General Immodet
    Seconded by TheCIS
    Planets that agree to host refugees should be made well-aware of the consequences. The governments of those planets are be obliged to use the budget the Senate gives them only for helping refugees. Inspection units will be allowed to trace where the money is going. Apart from that, each refugee camp will also be frequently visited by inspection units to make sure refugees are equally well-treated.
    FOR​
    TheCIS of Geonosis​
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    AGAINST​

A most wise surety General Immodet

4. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Seconded by TheCIS

Planets that agree to host refugees should be made well-aware of the consequences. The governments of those planets are be obliged to use the budget the Senate gives them only for helping refugees. Inspection units will be allowed to trace where the money is going. Apart from that, each refugee camp will also be frequently visited by inspection units to make sure refugees are equally well-treated.

FOR​
    TheCIS of Geonosis​
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    Volshe of Naboo​

AGAINST​

Naboo votes in favour of this amendment.

5. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Funding for security, refugee relocation and immigration enforcement

Seconded by TheCIS

FOR
    TheCIS of Geonosis
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    Volshe of Naboo
    Aaronaman of Maridun

AGAINST

6. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    Funding for security, refugee relocation and immigration enforcement

Seconded by TheCIS

FOR
    TheCIS of Geonosis
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    Volshe of Naboo
    Aaronaman of Maridun
    Selkath of Manaan

AGAINST

I am for this ammendment 100% and it will make sure refuges are not treated poorly.​

7. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012

Seconded by TheCIS

FOR
    TheCIS of Geonosis
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    Volshe of Naboo
    Aaronaman of Maridun
    Selkath of Manaan
    General Immodet of Lorahns

AGAINST

TheCIS likes this.
  8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

Seconded by TheCIS

FOR
    TheCIS of Geonosis
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    Volshe of Naboo
    Aaronaman of Maridun
    Selkath of Manaan
    Bazinga'd of Tatooine

AGAINST

9. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

Seconded by TheCIS

Planets that agree to host refugees should be made well-aware of the consequences. The governments of those planets are be obliged to use the budget the Senate gives them only for helping refugees. Inspection units will be allowed to trace where the money is going. Apart from that, each refugee camp will also be frequently visited by inspection units to make sure refugees are equally well-treated.​

FOR​
    TheCIS of Geonosis​
    Aalagar of Muunilinst​
    Volshe of Naboo​
    Aaronaman of Maridun​
    Selkath of Manaan​
    General Immodet of Lorahns​
    Bazinga'd of Tatooine

AGAINST​

ABSTAIN (Present for Quorum purposes)​
    Bardan_Jusik of Mandalore​

[​IMG]

10. tazscout97

tazscout97 Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2013
    Tazscout97: representative from Kashyyk. Still neutral in these matters. I am here though just observing for now

General Immodet and TheCIS like this.
  11. Master Mini 907

Master Mini 907 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2013
    *Proposed by General Immodet*
    *Seconded by TheCIS*

FOR
    TheCIS of Geonosis
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    Volshe of Naboo
    Aaronaman of Maridun
    Selkath of Manaan
    Bazinga'd of Tatooine
    Master Mini 907 of Korriban

AGAINST
    ABSTAIN (Present for Quorum purposes)
    Bardan_Jusik of Mandalore

12. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013

13. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    *Cannot hold his laughter as it echoes through the Senate chamber*
    Hahahahahahaaaa..... sorry for my conduct but, *bursts into laughter* I'm tearing up here!

14. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    OOC: A Senator from Kashyyyk is already a part of the game. Check out the roster on the first page (third post) and you can find a planet that has not been taken, or you can make one up. :)

15. tazscout97

Dec 11, 2013

I'm sorry I did read it I must have just over read that one my bad.

16. tazscout97

Dec 11, 2013
    I'll be Senator of Bespin. I'm still neutral in these matters, Observing, learning, and getting into the flow of things. Correct me if I wrong on any of these things.

aalagartassle likes this.
  17. TheCIS

Apr 21, 2013
    Greetings Senator tazscout97! The Senate welcomes you. Feel free to vote on anything you wish at this time.

18. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    Welcome to the Senate councillor of Bespin

19. TheCIS

Apr 21, 2013
    +++The Speaker rises. He is looking very sick. A medical droid is nearby.+++

Senators, the time for voting on Bill 986b has closed and quorum requirements have been met. Bill 986b has passed and it is now enacted into law.

Senators, we now debate perhaps the most important Bill of the second half of the 2013 session (coughs).

The Appointments Bill

Motion to change the constitution-Senate Appointments, Rule 5.2,
    Proposed: TheCIS of Geonosis
    Seconded:

OVERVIEW
    This motion allows the Senate to vote on the Chancellor's appointments to the heads of committees. This change applies only to the Military Staff Committee and the Trade and Finance Committee. The Committee on Legislation is a procedural committee and shall be excluded from this process.

PROCEDURE FOR APPOINTMENTS
    The procedure is as follows:

1. The Chancellor appoints a Senator to be the Head of a committee.

2. The Senate votes votes on whether or not that Senator should be the Head of that committee. The Senator will be confirmed as the Head of that committee if the Senate votes in the affirmative in a simple majority vote.

3. The Chancellor's appointment of a Senator to be the Head on a committee will be withdrawn if the Senate does not confirm that Senator as the Head of that committee (see point 2). At this point, the Chancellor will appoint another Senator to be the Head of that committee.

The Senator who is eventually elected to head a committee will first ask the Senate for volunteers to fill their committee. If no (or if a prohibitively low number) of Senators are forthcoming in volunteering, then the Chancellor will appoint Senators to the respective committee. If too large a number of Senators volunteer for a committee, then the Chancellor will decide who shall be upon that committee by selecting out of the volunteering group the Senators required to adequately fill that committee.

TERM LIMITS
    Unless otherwise directed by the Mod or agreed to by the Senate, Committee Chairmanships (and Committees) end upon the conclusion of the term of the Chancellor. This means that, upon the election of a new (and they must be new, not upon winning re-election) Chancellor, the positions of the Heads of the committees are declared open and the previous Heads of committees, as well as their members, are removed from their posts. The new (again, not re-elected, but freshly elected) Chancellor will then go through the procedure outlined above to find new heads for the committees, who will then appoint committee members. Previous Heads of committees may be appointed once more, and the members of the committees may also be appointed once more; in this way, there are no 'term limits' for committee heads or for members of the committees.

FOR

AGAINST

Now, before any comments or anything, i would like to point out a few things. First, this has been approved by the moderators-only they can ultimately sign off on a constitutional amendment such as this. Second, there will be no amendments to this Bill, mostly due to it being approved by the mods (I hope I'm saying this right Bardan_Jusik). Third, as such, any vote on this is an up/down vote only.

Please begin debating (not voting) now.
    +++The Speaker sits, hoping that even in his sick condition, that this very important Bill will be passed. He coughs again, and the medical droid nearby attends to his needs (Did i mention he was sick?)+++

20. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome to the Senate tazscout97 If you have any questions, please ask-we generally don't bite...

21. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    On an administrative note, because of the significance of the amendment, a vote will not be called for until sometime next week. We still have pending legislation to keep us busy until then.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  22. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    I am looking at this proposal from both an IC and OOC perspective.

I am unsure about how time consuming the election process will be. It is not sitting well with me. I believe that in order to give all Senators an equal chance the Chancellor should be allowed to appoint members. That would just be to avoid any person being voted out for any reason. If someone is appointed, they should be allowed the chance to take the position. It makes it more fun for everyone if there's less time taken and more opportunity when committees are put into place.

Something else to look at is how much time it would take if we had multiple refusals for multiple proposed committee heads. How many times would that be allowed?

Finally, the term limits. Once again, this takes up time that could be used for the other aspects of the game. In a RL situation, it might be acceptable. In a game such as this, with such short sessions and the length of time it takes for votes to occur, it is not reasonable.

I would be for a proposal that allows the Senate to question an appointment or to request a committee be re-elected, but making it a requirement is not in the best interest of the game IMO

23. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    These are very fair points Senator Admiral Volshe

I will post my view on the proposed amendment later, after I consolidate my thoughts on the subject. But I will say there are both pros and cons to having Senate involvement in the appointment process.

I would ask each Senator when considering this proposal, to look at the issue from both a Senator and Chancellor's perspective both IC and OOC.

24. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Welcome to the Senate, tazscout97! I am sure you will live up to the legacy of your predecessor, Chewbacca89.
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

25. tazscout97

Dec 11, 2013

I have spoken and I'm not replacing him. I just can't read. I over read him on the roster. lol I'm finding a new planet Chewbacca89 and I have spoken and we have agreed that it is best. Sorry for the confusion.

If anyone has any planet ideas could you give me some I can't think any good one's. If not I'm just gonna make make my own.

Master Selkath and Chewbacca89 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.