main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Walking Dead from Telltale Games

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth-Lando, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Walking Dead Video Game Lives
    Robert Kirkman confirms the game in an interview with IGN

This pretty much cements Telltale as my favorite game company at the moment. :D

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Sweet. Never read the comics but the TV show definitely has a style that could make for an entertaining game. Looking forward to hearing more.

3. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I didn't read the article but if it borrows more so from the comics than the show, it'll make for a better game. I really, really enjoyed the comics. The show, while fantastic, just wasn't the same. I did still enjoy it, though.

However, I think this could make for a great, great game.

4. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    How have we not been talking about this game? I just finished Chapter 5 last night and damn...I was crying like a baby. Hands down this is THE best game of 2012.

Django Fett33 likes this.
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    unlock n bump by request. It rises from the dead!

6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Just finished playing the first season....awesome game. I can definitely see why a lot of people like this more than the TV show (I still like that too though :p).

And by pure coincidence I happen to finish S1 the same week the new DLC, 400 Days, comes out!! Awww yisssssss.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  7. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    I think 400 days is already out in the US. Us Brits have to wait until Friday :-(

8. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Was released on PSN yesterday, PC sometime today, and XBL tomorrow.

9. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Just finished it for the first time. Oh man. The feels.

Hope to play 400 days in the next couple of days, since Season 2 comes out Tuesday....is it all of Season 2 or just a part?

10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It's just Episode 1 - All That Remains. I'm personally undecided as to whether I should pick it up on the 18th or just wait until the season is finished. Seeing that The Wolf Among Us has gone 3 months between episodes has put me off.

Hope you enjoy 400 Days. It's a nice change of pace from the season proper.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  11. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I've just reinstalled a client version of Windows on my PC after running Server 2012 on there as exam prep and I noticed Season 2 on Steam...

I think I might go back to the beginning and go through in order again, but not for a little while since I spun up New Vegas!

12. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Season 2, Episode 1: That dog...

13. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Finished Episode 1 of Season 2 a couple minutes ago.
    Right in the FEELS.:_|

14. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Just wondering do they plan on releasing the full game in stores once all five episodes are out? I watched season 1 off of youtube but would like to actually play season 2 for myself. Don't really play games enough anymore though to mess with all that playstation network junk and get all the things I would need to in order to get it online.

15. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Probably. I know there are physical copies of Season 1 that exist so assuming they sold well, I would imagine TellTale would do the same thing for Season 2.

16. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Just finished episode 2, and it is fantastic as usual. :)

This is the first time in the series where I would hit a button, then immediately regret and wished I made a different choice.

17. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    The end of episode 2 was intense. I really hope they can stick to the every other month schedule, because I want the next one now.

18. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I really liked hearing Michael Madsen's voice in Ep 2. It looks like his character will be around for the foreseeable future which is super cool.

19. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    So, I finished Season Two last night. Overall I'd say this season was good but doesn't quite have the emotional impact of S1. Don't get me wrong, the last five to ten minutes of Ep 5 were intense but the flashback to Lee was probably the highlight for me. I think one of the reasons S1 worked so well is that there was a clear objective set out from the start: Keep Clementine safe and find her parents. The emphasis is always on their relationship and how it develops, which made the finale so devastating. In this season you're never really paired with anyone for a significant amount of time to become invested in them (I wanted to be on Kenny's side but I chose to kill him because I had enough of his murderous rage and cruelty). Looks like with S3 it will be about you and AJ so hopefully we get that same dynamic from S1.

Also, I think from a game mechanics persepctive there can be improvement in the choices you have to make. Let's take for example the episode where Sarah dies. I did everything I could to help her. I rescued her from the trailer, never once told her to "toughen up", and talked to her whenever I could. But it was all for nothing and there was no payoff in helping her in the first place. I get it that when making the episode the writers said, "Okay we're going to kill off Sarah in this episode." Cool, that's fine but how about some sort of reward for trying to keep her alive? It doesn't have to be anything major....maybe if you keep her alive long enough she'll tell you a vital piece of information or give you an item that you wouldn't have otherwise been able to receive. Just little things like that would make it worthwhile. Although I guess from Telltale's perspective the lesson is sometimes no matter what you do people are going to die and all your efforts were in vain. Perhaps there should be a better balance?

20. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I don't understand how this season managed to be so much worse than the first one. For a game where the gameplay is in the interactions and is focused on the story, the pacing of Season 2 is abysmal. They also didn't make enough use of the fact that Clementine was, in fact, eleven years old. I get that you had to give the player agency, but it took me out of the experience at times when Clementine seemed to be treated as an adult.

Kenny being alive was dumb when I saw fans theorizing about it after Season 1 and it's still dumb after the entirety of Season 2... even though he ended up being one of the most interesting characters to watch. That speaks more to how the new characters didn't really leave a huge impact than anything else.

I'm beginning to wonder if the first season of TWD was a fluke in it being so damn awesome. Before that, Telltale's only truly great game was Tales of Monkey Island, and with both S2 of TWD and The Wolf Among Us having absolutely awful pacing, my excitement for the Game of Thrones game has become trepidation.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    See, I've been hearing so many mixed reviews about Season 2 that I haven't gotten it. But I can live with that- Season 1 was amazeballs, and self-contained enough that a sequel is more of a bonus than a continuation.

Also I played 400 days and no one went with the woman at the end except the one who goes with her no matter what. :(

22. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Season 2 is absolutely brilliant. But I also thought Wolf Among Us was brilliant. I didn't have a lot of issues with pacing. But that's just mah opinion.

23. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    I have The Wolf Among Us as well but haven't started it yet.

24. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    All That Remains was recently free on XBL so I finally gave it a try. I had avoided the games because of reviews constantly complaining about disc errors and freezing. Since I downloaded the digital copy, I didn't experience any such technical problems and found it an enjoyable and gripping play through.

Probably going to download the other episodes. It was very well written and surprisingly engaging.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would recommend getting it not as good as season one but still very good in my opinion.