main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Corr

Corr Jedi Padawan

Oct 12, 2012
    I just recently decided to start watching TCW, and this seems like the place to talk about it. I'll probably post a bit about each episode I watch. I got through a bunch today, finishing the first six.

Ambush - This was an ok episode. The plot was simple, but it worked. The clones were a bit dim at points (Yoda's "wisdom" wasn't really that hard to understand, and they were just acting a bit stupid sometimes) but they were done ok. The only big flaw really was the droids. They were really annoying and distracting. It was interesting to see Toydaria. Overall, this was a decent episode, although its plot was probably a bit too simple and the droids were pretty annoying.

Rising Malevolence - This is one of the few episodes I'd seen before, and its pretty good. I liked Master Plo, and the ship seems like a legitimate threat. The droids were annoying, but not as big an issue as they were in the last episode. I think its kind of stupid that they were drilling into individual escape pods to destroy them (it seems like just blowing them up with any number of readily available laser weapons would have made more sense) but it didn't ruin the episode or anything.

Shadow of Malevolence - This was another good episode. Anakin's plan wasn't great, but honestly in the last two episodes he's bee a far better character than he was in Episode 2 or 3, so I can give him some slack. Ashoka isn't really annoying, which I thought she might be based on the movie. The only real problem I had in this episode was the kaminoan on the medical station. I mean, clones are basically human, so no special clone knowledge is needed to treat them. From the RC books Kaminoans were mostly portrayed as cruel, ruthless, arrogant scientists who hold genetics as basically the most important thing, even selectively killing kaminoan children who have even slight mutations. They definitely wouldn't care enough about clones to run a medical center (outside of using the injured for experiments) and since its just a product I don't think they are held responsible for keeping the clones "running" when they get injured, Kamino just keeps making more. I guess there might be special circumstances, but it was still weird seeing a Kaminoan in a situation where it might be implied that they actually care about anyone but themselves.

Destroy Malevolence - Some goofy droid stuff, but still an ok episode. It reminded me a bit too much of the action scenes on Genosis with Anakin and Padme in the droid building factory, and the battle droids/Grevious were maybe a bit to incompetent. But it was entertaining enough, although probably the weakest episode of the three dealing with the Malevolence.

Rookies - This was a great episode. The focus on clone troopers was great, and the story was good, although again the droids could probably have had the goofiness toned down. I liked the idea of the commando droids, but they would have been effective if they had been more serious than the normal droids. But, even with the slightly annoying droids, this was still a very good episode. I liked Rex and Cody, and the "shinnies" were pretty good.

Downfall of a Droid - This wasn't outright bad, but it wasn't very good. It felt like barely anything happened in its 22+minutes, and it doesn't feel like R2 is in any real danger. Obi-Wan was a bit of a jerk, although it wasn't out of character for him I guess. I wish this wasn't a two part story.

So far the show has been decent. A great episode, some good episodes and a mediocre episode. I'm not really looking forward to the second part of the R2-D2 story, and while I didn't look at spoilers I saw the bare bones summary of the episode after it and...yeah, its going to be a rough few episodes. Still, TCW seems like a show that is worth sitting through the junk, so I'll keep going and get to better episodes after the next two.

2. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    As a minor note, Ambush takes place on the Toydarian colony moon of Rugosa, not Toydaria itself.

There are always going to be a few outliers in every society. By all appearances, Nala Se is one of the few decent, compassionate Kaminoans to break away from their culture's calculatingly cold norm, similar to Kina Ha. Even Taun We is noted to be kinder than her peers, especially in regards to her relationship with Boba Fett. At the same time, Nala Se isn't the only Kaminoan to appear in the series, and the show writers aren't unaware of the Kaminoans' more typical mindset.

3. Corr

Corr Jedi Padawan

Oct 12, 2012
    Well, that's interesting. I figured she could be an outlier, there were a few in the RC books, but I didn't know if she was supposed to be different, or if the people making TCW didn't know/care about the general attitude of kaminoans in other media.

Contessa and Mia Mesharad like this.
  4. Corr

Corr Jedi Padawan

Oct 12, 2012
    I watched a few more.

Duel of the Droids - Yeah, this wasn't very good, although like part one it wasn't outright bad. I had pretty much figured out that R3 was a spy probably less than 5 minutes after he appeared in part one, so it was no big surprise in this episode. Overall, this was a very mediocre two parter.

Bombad Jedi - This is the first outright horrible episode. I don't think I need to go into it too much. Its an episode focused on Jar jar, and he's as annoying as ever. Its weird that even Lucas seemed to realize people hated Jar Jar in the movies (I'm assuming that's why he's barely in Episode 2 or 3) but we still get him in TCW. I guess they decided that the people who watched the series would be like him more. Maybe because they assumed the viewers would be kids, and kids are supposed to like him? Well, I think that's a bad assumption. I was a little less than nine years old when Episode 1 came out, and I saw it in theaters. I hated Jar Jar immediately, even when I was closer to the age where I'm sure I was supposed to "like" him. Of all the things to focus on in TCW, Jar Jar is just nonsensical, and only makes sense if they're crazy enough to think kid's want to see him. I don't know, maybe I was a jaded 8 (almost 9) year old at the time, but I don't remember anyone my age liking Jar Jar, either. So either they're crazy, or kids today have weirder taste than I thought.

Cloak of Darkness - Well, at least we got a good episode to continue one of the plot points from the last one. The senate guard was something i'd never heard of (where would they even get non clone soldiers, and why were they more worthy of guarding the senate than clones?), but overall this episode was enjoyable. I like how we keep getting episodes with different jedi, like Luminara in this episode. The only problem is tat Ventress shouldn't have been able to get onboard. Why was the Republic ship just hanging out in space with Gunray? It should have been in hyperspace (which it had a lot of time to do) on its way to coruscant or a POW camp or something, but instead they just hung around, open to attack. It seemed like something done for plot reasons. Even if that was just a stop off point between hyperspace jumps, they were sitting still for way too long. Still, it didn't ruin the epiosde or anything, it was just something i found a bit confusing.

Lair of Grievious - This episode was pretty good. I liked seeing an episode with Kit Fisto, although the stuff with his former apprentice was a bit predictable. One thing i've noticed is that Clone troopers don't have a good life expectancy when they work with jedi, they seemed to get killed a lot. Grievous was ok. He was maybe a bit goofy a few times, but overall he was a good villain in the episode.

5. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Based on recent discussion regarding TCW's depiction of the Mandalorians, I realized that they could have done a better job contrasting the cultural identities of the New Mandalorians and Death Watch by further emphasizing differences not just in their behavior and actions, but even in the language they speak. I would imagine that the New Mandalorians have more or less assimilated themselves into galactic society, thereby mostly speaking Basic, but presumably still understanding and occasionally speaking in their native tongue, Mando'a. While most Death Watch members would likely know Basic, particularly the group led by Pre Vizsla, former governor of Concordia and ally to Satine, I would imagine that they could have used an opportunity to have Death Watch members speak to one another in Mando'a, to further emphasize their connection to Mandalore's warrior past. I mean, the Hutts get to speak in Huttese, why not Mandalorians in Mando'a?

So I decided to translate several exchanges between Mandalorian characters, particularly Pre Vizsla and Bo-Katan, from Basic to Mando'a. I do not claim to have the perfect grammar and syntax, and this is a rough translation of their actual words, since I couldn't find many of the exact words in Mando'a. Still, it seems like a fun exercise.

Eminence:
    [​IMG]
    Bo-Katan:Tion’mhi piruni sur’haaise?
    Vizsla: Nayc. Ni copaani val gehat’ik. Meh val aru’e be jetii, val burc’ya be’ner.

"Should we rub them out?" (literally: Should we make their eyes water? [slang for kill])
    "No. I want to hear their story. If they’re an enemy of the Jedi, then they’re a friend of mine."

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Bo-Katan: (laughs) I see negotiations have gone as planned.*
    Vizsla: Shukala ibic veeray! “Secure this platform!”

*She's speaking in Basic because she's addressing Vizsla, Maul, and Savage.

[​IMG]
    Vizsla, to Bo-Katan: Sur’a! Manda’yaim mhi’cuyi. Maul bal kaysh’vod kyrayc juaan Duchess.
    “Stay focused. Mandalore will soon be ours. Maul and his brother will be dead alongside the Duchess.”

Shades of Reason (Prudii be Jorbe):
    [​IMG]
    Bo-Katan: Jare urmankalar ibic demagolkase. Tion’nari mhi kar’tayli val tayli miit?
    Pre Vizsla: Liniba dar’jetii bal val ge’hutuune gotal’u aaray bal tengaana Mando’ade ibac Satine ori’laandur. Mhi’ashnar, naasad tioni mhi alori. Birov mhi’moruta.
    Bo-Katan: Tion’projor?
    Vizsla: Mhi kyr’amur Maul bal ge’hutuune. Ibic chakaare eyayti bal Manda’yaim mhi’cuyi.

"It’s a risk to trust those monsters. How do we know they’ll keep their end of the bargain?"
    "We need those Sith and their thugs to cause some pain and show the Mandalorian people how weak Satine really is. After this is done, no one will doubt why we’re the ones in power. Most will welcome us."
    “Then what?”
    “Then we execute Maul and those thugs. Those criminals will scatter and Mandalore will be ours.”

The following scene illustrates the contrast between Death Watch and the New Mandalorians. Whereas Satine insists on speaking to her people in standard galactic Basic, Vizsla is able to emphasize his Mandalorian cultural upbringing by addressing the crowd in Mando'a. If only...

[​IMG]
    Vizsla: Duchess Satine alori bah arasuum! “The Duchess Satine has lead us to ruin!”
    Satine: Death Watch! Guards, stay back! Vizsla, you must be the ones responsible for these attacks!
    Vizsla: No, I am not responsible. But I can offer a solution. (turns to crowd)
    Droten be Manda’yaim! Ni Pre Vizsla be Aliit Vizsla. Kyr’tsad olar tegaanalir gar teh oyula ge’hutuune ibac jurkadi cuun ori’jate oriya. Ibic akaan, bal mhi paji. (Cheering in background) Ni’to, bal mhi’duumi aranar Manda’yaim teh chakaare. Mhi liniba nari, nu ori’naak!
    Satine: Do not listen to him! His war will cause the end of Mandalore as we know it!
    Vizsla: Mhi ramorla. Ogir nu ca’nara par sha’kajir! Gai Manda’yaim dinui chaab bah kar’tase be ibic ge’hutuune! (Cheering in background)

People of Mandalore! I am Pre Vizsla of Clan Vizsla. Death Watch is here to save you from these intergalactic gangsters that threaten our great city. This is a war, and we will win. Join me, and let us defend Mandalore against the criminals. We need action, not pacifism! […] We are under attack. There is no time for discussion. The name Mandalore should send fear into the hearts of these gangsters!

[​IMG]
    Ibic demagolka jurkadi Mando’ade dar. Hiibi’kaysh be’chaaj, alor’ad!
    “This monster will not trouble the people of Mandalore any longer. Take him away, Captain!”

[​IMG]
    “Listen, Duchess. Do you hear the people? They cry out for change. Your weak-minded rule of Mandalore is at an end. Yaim’ol be’cuun verdyc ruyot jii!”The resurrection of our warrior past is about to begin!"

[​IMG]
    Bo-Katan: Duchess Satine bal Evaar’la Mando’ade eyayti sa hut’uune vaal Kyr’tsad hibii ibic ge’hutuune bah’tor! Gar evaar’la Alor, Pre Vizsla, alor be Kyr’tsad, te’habla Alor be Concordia, haatyc’ad be Manda’yaim, gar’dinui ti alore be chaablane chaavla’aliite be oyu’baat!

"Duchess Satine and the New Mandalorians have fled in cowardice while Death Watch brought these criminals to justice! Your new Prime Minister, Pre Vizsla, leader of Death Watch, exiled Governor of Concordia, true son of Mandalore, presents you with the lords of the most feared crime families in the galaxy!"

[​IMG]
    Vizsla: Jurkad’jaon! Kyr’yc chakaare o’r Manda’yaim micla. Duchess eyayti kaysh’buirkan cabuor Manda’yaim. Kaysh’dikutla vercopa shi duumi jurkade bah cuun me’suum. Mhi hibira teh ibic demagolka jare be ori’naak. Ca’nara yaimpar te’manda be Manda’yaim. Naasad mhi’jurkadi tug’yc!

The violence is over! The last of the parasites infecting Mandalore has been caught. The Duchess has abandoned her duty to protect Mandalore. Her political dream only encourages aggression against our planet. We have learned from this beast the consequences of pacifist principles. It’s now time to restore the traditions of Mandalore. No one will ever threaten us again!

It would have been more epic, IMO, if Vizsla spoke some Mando'a before and after his final battle.

[​IMG]
    Vizsla: So be it. Dinui kaysh besbe’trayc... Par Manda’yaim! “Give him his weapon... For Mandalore!”

[​IMG]
    “Like you said, shi dralne alorir.“Only the strongest shall rule.”

Bo-Katan addresses the Death Watch members that dared to join an aruetii:

[​IMG]
    Gar an’aruetiise! “You’re all traitors!”

Subtitles could be added on the screen when they're speaking, but TCW never even did this with the Hutts. *Sigh*

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Corr : I thought Duel of the Droids was stupid, and Ahsoka using "Goldie" was annoying (and I liked Ahsoka that season). I liked Bombad Jedi but was one of very few who did.

The dialogue between Ahsoka and Ventress made Cloak of Darkness for me.

Circular Logic : nice translations. :)

7. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    Ye Gods! Watsa Yousa Sayin' :D

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Jar-Jar putting on Anakin's robe (and come on, we all know it was Anakin's robe) and getting mistaken for a Jedi was almost as funny as the Ewoks thinking 3PO was a god. :p

darth fluffy and Darth Valkyrus like this.
  9. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    Bombad Jedi could possibly be the highlight of Jar Jar's career. Ye Gods! Watsa Meesa Sayin'.

10. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The Senate Guard's been around for years, though their more notable and recognizable blue-armored incarnation was first introduced in The Phantom Menace. As an aside, before joining CSF Jaller Obrim was also originally a Senate Guard, if you'll recall, back when he first appeared in Omega Squad: Targets. The Senate Commandos seen in this episode are a TCW original creation, and are a specialized unit within the Guard, more heavily-armed and combat ready than their more often than not ceremonial brethren. As a prisoner of special importance, the Senate decided a detachment of Senate Commandos was a pertinent, high-profile addition to his security detail.

I assume that since the crux of the episode was the reveal that Captain Argyus was a traitor, the Tranquility's convenient hold-up was his doing under some pretext or other.

I could not agree more.
    And the decision not to feature more alternate languages and make use of subtitles was a serious missed opportunity.

Good work on the translations!

11. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Circular Logic that's some really elaborate work there. Applause to you, man.

12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Circular Logic likes this.
  13. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    So did anyone else spend the last 3 seasons expecting a conclusion to the Zilo Beast arc? Some other ones that I never thought were resolved (many of them will probably be in Season 6) Ventress, Ahsoka, Pre-Visla -what happened to the AAT army? I waited and waited, and they never came. Hopefully they will come with Season 6, as I mentioned.

14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Some Mando speak would have been interesting and unique to give the Mandos more flavour of their own.

Too much of it would have been a wrong move.
    Many people would not watch things that are not in English, let alone if they are all in some made-up language.

I know the Mando fans would have gotten a kick out of it.

I liked it a lot too. So nice to see Gunray in the show for the first time. Rodia was awesome to in terms of design and the theme really hit home for me.

Cloak of Darkness is an episode that proves that even one single episode can handle more than one villain, but other major arcs failed in that department.

Could the cloning of the Beast be mentioned in Rebels and tie with one of the Kenner-inspired vehicles.

15. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    First off, thanks to anakinfansince1983, Mia Mesharad, Contessa, and Revanfan1 for not quoting that text/picture-wall, and instead tagging me. I appreciate that!

Yikes, no need to quote my entire post, DGTF! Anyway, I agree with your sentiment that Mando'a would give them a unique flavor, which is why I brought it up. But I wasn't implying that they should use it all the time. I liken it to some of the characters speaking in Elvish in the LotR films; they had subtitles whenever needed, but for the most part the elves still spoke in English. I thought it added a nice flavor to the interaction between characters, allowing you to really realize that these are beings from a foreign land/world. I only chose to translate those conversations where two or more Mandalorians are speaking to one another, or a crowd.

As I said before, it provides a nice contrast between the Death Watch, who have chosen to hold on to their old warrior ways, even if they approach things dishonorably (compared to the True Mandalorians), and the New Mandalorians, who have taken after the leader, Satine, who was raised on Coruscant during the Great Clan Wars, one of several conflicts following the Mandalorian Excision. Hence, she fully assimilated into galactic culture, and brought her own beliefs and prejudices with her when she assumed the title of ruler of the new Mandalorians.

In any case, after consulting with Mia, our resident Mando expert, I decided to make a few corrections of my previous post, since I'm rather anal about getting things right (or as right as possible).

Vizsla, to Bo-Katan: Sur’a! Manda’yaim ven’cuune. Maul bal kaysh’vod kyrayc juaan Duchess.
    Stay focused! Mandalore will soon be ours. Maul and his brother will be dead alongside the Duchess.

Bo-Katan: Jaro urmankalar ibic demagolkase. Tion’kar’tayli val tayli koor?
    Pre Vizsla: Liniba dar’jetii bal val ge’hutuune gotal’u aaray bal tengaana Mando’ade meg Satine ori’laandur. Ven mhi’bralovyc, naasad tioni mhi alori. Birov mhi’moruta.
    Bo-Katan: Tion’projor?
    Vizsla: Mhi kyr’amur Maul bal ge’hutuune. Ibic chakaare eyayti bal Manda’yaim mhi’cuune.
    "It's a risk to trust those monsters. How do we know they'll keep their bargain?"
    "We need those Sith and their thugs to cause some pain and show the Mandalorian people how weak Satine really is. When this is done, no one will question why we’re the ones in power. Many will welcome us."
    “Then what?”
    “Then we kill Maul and those thugs. Those criminals will flee and Mandalore will be ours.”

Vizsla: Duchess Satine alori bah arasuum! “The Duchess Satine has lead us to stagnation!”
    Satine: Death Watch! Guards, stay back! Vizsla, you must be the ones responsible for these attacks!
    Vizsla: No, I am not responsible. But I can offer a solution. (turns to crowd)
    Adate be Manda’yaim! Ni Pre Vizsla be Aliit Vizsla. Kyr’tsad olar tegaanalir gar teh oyula ge’hutuune meg jurkadir cuun ori’jate oriya. Ibic akaan, bal mhi paji. (Cheering in background) Ni’to, bal mhi’duumi aranar Manda’yaim teh chakaare. Mhi liniba nari, nu ori’naak!
    Satine: Do not listen to him! His war will cause the end of Mandalore as we know it!
    Vizsla: Mhi ramorla. Nu ca’nara par muni’jorhaa! Gai Manda’yaim naritir chaab bah kar’tase be ibic ge’hutuune! (Cheering in background)
    People of Mandalore! I am Pre Vizsla of Clan Vizsla. Death Watch is here to save you from the intergalactic gangsters [lit: villains] that threaten our great city. This is war, and we will win. Join me, and let us defend Mandalore from these criminals. We need action, not pacifism [lit: "extreme peace"]! [...] We are under atttack.There is no time for discussion! The name Mandalore should bring fear to the hearts of these gangsters!
    Bo-Katan: Duchess Satine bal Evaar’la Mando’ade eyayti sa hut’uune vaal Kyr’tsad hiibi ibic ge’hutuune bah tor! Gar evaar’la Alor, Pre Vizsla, alor be Kyr’tsad, te’habla Alor be Concordia, haatyc’ad be Manda’yaim, gar’dinui ti alore be chaablane chaavla’aliite o'r oyu’baat!
    Duchess Satine and the New Mandalorians have fled like cowards while Death Watch brought these criminals to justice! Your new Prime Minister [lit: "Leader"], leader of Death Watch, exiled Governor of Concordia, true soon of Mandalore, presents you with the leaders of the most feared crime families in the galaxy [lit: universe]!
    Vizsla: Jurkad’jaon! Kyr’yc be chakaare o’r Manda’yaim mircla. Duchess eyayti kaysh’buirkan cabuor Manda’yaim. Kaysh’dikutla vercopa shi duumi jurkade bah cuun me’suum. Mhi hibira teh ibic demagolka jaro be ori’naak. Ca’nara yaimpar te’manda be Manda’yaim. Naasad mhi’jurkadi tug’yc!
    The violence is over! The last of the criminals in Mandalore has been captured. The Duchess has left her duty to protect Mandalore. Her foolish dream only allowed against our planet. We have learned from this beast the foolish recklessness of pacifism. It's now time to return to the traditions of Mandalore. No one will threaten us again!

Finally, Bo-Katan tells the Death Watch members joining Maul's cause, appropriately, Gar aruetiise!

And that's it. Really, every other line I didn't translate because they are rightfully speaking Basic when addressing other non-Mandalorian characters.

16. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Sphere of Influence. I like this episode. I recall many fans scoffing at Ahsoka's unexpected bff-status with Chuchi. If Ahsoka was replaced with Obi-Wan (who actually knows Chuchi), would this episode be more memorable or enjoyable? I'd put Obi-Wan in blue make-up and a Pantoran uniform, as Chuchi's bodyguard.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yes.

I gave the episode a 2/10 and I definitely had a problem with Ahsoka being so buddy-buddy with Chuchi, although that was not my only issue.

18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Would you mind elaborating for me?
    This isn't an issue, perhaps my opinion of missed/wasted opportunity: Sib Canay could have been replaced with Mar Tuuk. Corey Burton voiced both characters anyway.[face_dunno]

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    There was a lot of character shoehorning--where the hell did Greedo come from and when did he start speaking Basic? Plus the Hutts. Also, the pretense that the Trade Federation is neutral, which no one in the galaxy with half a brain cell should be buying at this point. And it was a Mad Skillz Snips showcase episode--my opinion of her aside, I always find pointless showcasing of how many tricks a Jedi can perform with his or her lightsaber, to be annoying.

The entire thing seemed really contrived to me.

Mia Mesharad and Contessa like this.
  20. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    Hopefully this is something they won't do as much in Rebels and the ST. The OT seemed more exotic because most of the non-human characters had subtitles or characters like Han just reacted to what Chewie, Greedo and others were saying. This is something that, for the most part, was sadly missing from both the PT and TCW.

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I must say that the ones that kept the tradition alive were the Separatists in the form of Poggle the Lesser and the Geonosians. TCW did not change Geonosians way of speak for the sake of the audience like what they did with the Gran or Rodians.

Even Shu Mai - another great Separatist - did not speak Basic and had subtitles in the movies, but in the Kinect Star Wars game she played the main villain and spoke Basic.
    Go figure!
    I just do not get the reasoning and and the logic. Lucas was in charge of both of all the movies and TCW seasons, but he did not keep the aliens' way of speaking the way it was in his movies.

I do not get what was so special about Han reacting to what the aliens were saying in their own language. I think Harrison Ford just hammed up the performance every time something was not there in front of him to speak the words or sounds.

22. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    I just started Season Three last night. My wife got me three, four, and five for Christmas and we're just starting to watch through them.

Clone Cadets was a pretty good episode. While there was no actual conflict, it really was interesting watching the interaction between Domino squad, their trainers, and 99. It's always amazing to me how the clones can have so much character to them.

ARC Troopers wasn't bad, either. I loved the aqua droids and this episode had a nice mixture of battles- lightsaber battles, some space combat, some underwater combat, and some straight up blaster fights. The scene with the clone commanders, troopers, cadets, and 99 defending their home was really powerful. It really casts the Republic's use of the clones as a very grey topic.

23. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    99 Made me think of a sort of hodge-podge of the House Elves from Harry Potter, and Frank Miller's (300) depiction of Ephialtes.

24. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I just bought the season 1-5 boxset yesterday. As much as I have defended the show on here I wouldn't really call myself a real die hard fan of it. I have seen pretty much every single episode just once (season 1-4 off netflix and I dvr'd season 5 and deleted each episode after viewing it). Nice to have the entire series though for whenever I want to start going through the episodes again (don't really remember many of the episodes for the first three seasons).

25. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Agreed on all points. Which is really a shame, I was super excited to get Chuchi (and Jennifer Hale) back again, but there was just so many other problems that the Chuchi goodness got drowned out.