main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I'd just like to point out how awesome it was to see that Filoni's "Tano-rides a warg wolf" idea made it to the concept art stage.

I'm sure Azog lost his head Pete, what were you thinking Bolg would be proud.

Seerow and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  2. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Pffffffffff. The Hobbit would NOT make a good movie as-written, and that's one of the biggest reasons why. The big bad guy shows up at the end and I'm supposed to believe orcs give a crap about avenging dead loved ones? Pfffff pfff pfffffff pfffffff. It's a charming book, but hardly narratively sound. PFFFFFFFFT!

3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Pablo did have this to say on Twitter about a proper "conclusion" for the show, and the Yoda arc a few weeks ago:
    " 'Conclusion' as in end of the war? No, but the Yoda arc has a profound ending IMHO...
    and keep in mind, some story threads were started with no intent to end them in TCW, but instead somewhere else."

4. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    PraenomenCognomen Who said anything about "as-written", or "making Bolg wait till the end to avenge loved ones" besides you? I don't have a problem with Tolkien's take, my issue is with stretching it out over three films when there was barely enough in that book for one. I have aptly renamed this series: Peter Jackson's middle earth, because thats what it is. What I did enjoy was anything to do with Gandalph, Beorn in either form, Gandalph fighting anyone, the Elven king and the late action scenes with Smaug. So, about thirty-five minutes worth of entertainment in three hours, not what I'd call a good use of my time.:)

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Way to derail the thread with Hobbit talk [face_laugh]

Darth Kickass likes this.
  6. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    lol

Thought I was still in the social. Too many notifications at once.:mad:

thedarkbeckons likes this.
  7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Lol, the absurdity makes the wolf image funny every time although I would like to think it's just Filoni's fan art cross of Ahsoka and Princess Mononoke and never would have actually been in the show,

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  8. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I thought Filoni had said that Ahsoka's face markings are actually supposed to look like a wolf, but I don't see it.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  9. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I can vaguely see it in season 3-5 Ahsoka.

10. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    SithStarSlayer - Oh, but I do, senator. I have a problem with Tolkien's take, and so did Tolkien; he tried to rewrite it because it didn't match the rest of Middle-Earth.

Anyway, derail ended.

11. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I would really be interested in that Polish trailer. We do know that Order 66 and the Yoda arcs will probably the most important. I will say this, whether you liked the clone wars tv series or not. These guys better not do Rebels that way. Rebels better have a good start and an ending. Not this lets leave it unfinished for future generations to work on kind of crap. Or you'll see my investment in star wars become significantly reduced.

12. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Sorry but I read "Polish trailer" and my off-color joke alarm went off. Seriously though, I actually prefer the GT tie-in to EP III as an "official" conclusion to the Clone Wars animated era. I really think GL wanted to respect GT's work and that's why we never saw anything in TCW that overwrote anything from that series. What Filoni said in the SW.com blog about leaving aspects (characters' fates etc.) of the series unresolved was just a smokescreen (IMO) to avoid revealing what are sure to be components of future projects. A spin-off film focusing on Ahsoka wouldn't be a surprise to me at all considering the amount of love the character received from the next generation of fans.

PraenomenCognomen likes this.
  13. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I'm interested to see how the BC fits into the chronological timeline of TCW. The way the series was presented it wouldn't surprise me to have the arcs be set before the S5 finale. Leland Chee's blog posts "Chronicling the Clone Wars" ended shortly after the announcement of the cancellation and the BC and he replied to a question about the BC's placement by saying he would address the order "if necessary". From "Nightsisters" on to "The Wrong Jedi" the episodes were aired in chronological order. The exception being "Revival", which actually does air in order on the complete series Blu-ray set.

14. Darth Mateus

Darth Mateus Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2013
    You know, I got a little Christmas mood on :D
    And a little to Desolation of Smaug movie, cause that topic has been touched - it was good, for a middle part of trilogy acceptable, but as a standalone film it wouldn´t be so good, it was too long IMO, but on the other hand it had some quite hilarious moments :)

15. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Wolfgirl and Skyguy. Awesome.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I heard the markings are a homage to San in Princess Mononoke, Which are wolf markings. =P

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Filoni should have bugged George until he made Tano a Clawdite...

just so she could be whatever, whenever.

Seerow and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Or just a white werewolf whenever he wanted.

19. Darth Desolous

Darth Desolous Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    Do you guys think it's possible that we'll get some sort of announcement around Christmas? Part 3 was kinda of a disappointment from what I was looking for...

Cad Bane 66 likes this.
  20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I agree with you on the disappointment but anything is possible, maybe there will be an announcement although I am not getting my hopes up.

21. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013

This is where somebody usually says "IT'S ALL IN ORDER NOW!" but they forget that the fugitive arc was (I'm pretty sure) pushed forward to serve as a season-ender, and Clovis was supposed to be part of that season... but there's also a chance that Ahsoka never appears and is never referenced in the Clovis arc, and that Anakin giving in to his anger makes more sense if they place it afterward in the chronology.

Watto likes this.
  22. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I'm pretty sure that the fugitive arc was not rushed forward. I'm pretty certain that this arc was always planned for series 5. It just happened to coincide with the series being cancelled that it actually served as an ending.

23. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013

I'm mainly going on the idea that the fugitive arc didn't appear in the season trailer, but the Clovis arc and something with Commander Fox were both in the trailer. Either way, if Clovis was intended for season 5, it could have been placed before the fugitive arc, depending how it plays out. It would be nice if it goes in order so they can actually refer to what's happened and not make it so disjointed, but my main point is: what they said about everything airing in order now might not necessarily apply, when you take the cancellation into account.

24. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Fugitive arc appeared in the season trailer for Celebration in August, in the same trailer that Clovis arc appeared in as well, but Young Jedi didn't. Fugitive arc didn't appear in the first trailer which only showed Maul, Onderon, Young Jedi and Clovis, which wasn't the full season trailer but we never see stuff from the season finale arc(s) in the first trailer.

The point is, is this arc was actually being made, written beginning in 2011 as concept art for several characters was made in September 2011 which suggests a script write was much earlier on in the year way before any threat of cancellation. It was not pushed up in the production schedule at all.

25. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    I doubt we'll get an announcement before year's end considering the official site have said we won't be hearing anything from them as they are now on a break for a few weeks. They also posted this picture.:D
    [​IMG]

Circular Logic and Seerow like this.