main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST This time next year

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dolphin, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Sorry for the confusion on my part. Yes, this is what I was referring to. So the first teaser was released about 2 months after production began.

Thank you!

2. Darth awesomeness

Darth awesomeness Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2013
    A teaser equivalent to the episode 7 teaser on YouTube with cast and screenshots

3. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Right, and I think the Super 8 teaser was made before principal began. So if JJ follows suit then we might be getting something in time for SDCC in July. On the other hand, Lucasfilm used to wait until pretty late in the process to release any kind of teaser.

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Star Trek and Super 8 (and, technically, Cloverfield - which was an Abrams production) all had teasers done before the movie was shot. Into Darkness, however, did not.

Echo-07 likes this.
  5. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    My prediction return of the fo ' mullet

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

6. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    This time next year the Spoilers Allowed forum will just begin to get dangerous for those who want to avoid getting spoiled (I'm a pessimist when it comes to the Dec 2015 release date. It will move to May 2016 in my estimation). I will eventually make my way over to the Non-Spoilers thread as the midichlorian count gets higher here.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    This time next year, I predict people in tents waiting in line to see the movie that may or may not play at that theater. :D

JediKnightOB1 and dolphin like this.
  8. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    It will probably be released sooner ;)

9. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    If I remember correctly, the virtual editions for TPM were released during the summer of 1998. If I also recall, much of the entire story for AOTC was leaked in detail during the summer of 2001.

But I don't think we'll know that much, but we'll know a premise and focus. I highly doubt we'll have any sort of trailer/teaser until the summer 2015. Avengers 2 will carry the first real trailer/teaser and it will run through several other films that summer. However, Disney likes to keep things in the house running with their own movies. Not sure how that will work with SW, but all the huge movies in the summer 2015 could serve as major marketers for SW. (Avengers, Jurassic Park, Inside Out, Minions, Man of Steel 2).

dolphin likes this.
  10. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    We will have a def cast line up.

Some character designs "leaked".

A vague storyline.

11. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Perhaps they will get out of their parents basements and "Occupy Star Wars."

12. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    We will all be sad when it was just announced that a Star Wars: A New Beginning teaser will NOT appear during Superbowl XLVIX

13. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    Disney has the unique opportunity to spend whatever they feel like on marketing, because this movie is virtually guaranteed to make a billion dollars at the box office. They could wait until November 2015 to release a trailer and we'd still go see it. I hope they don't, though :p

dolphin likes this.
  14. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    Instead of creating a new thread, let's also speculate about what we'll know This Time Next Month.

Right now, that means May 15th. Not a whole lot! :)

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Because of the start of shooting by then, I think we'll know quite a bit more by then than we do now. I still think May 4th may hold something.

16. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    Hope you're right. Do we have an idea when in May shooting will commence?

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Me too! Sometime between the 1st and 31st is my guess. :p But no, they haven't been more specific than that yet, from an official standpoint anyway.

18. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I'd guess at some point after April and before June. :D

19. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    We'll know that:

1. Abrams is directing.
    2. Random youtuber has a new idea about how Episode I totally should've been written.

Truly wondrous times ahead.

Visivious Drakarn likes this.
  20. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

[face_laugh]=D=

21. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    PT teaser trailers were attached to big-name holiday films released in the November prior to the films' release, so ~6 months beforehand. If they stick to that formula, we're not due for a teaser trailer until June 2014, though I'd like to think we'll have one this time next year.

22. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    As of May 2015, everything you want to know about the film aside from major plot points will be revealed. The first trailer will be out by May 4, 2015, for sure.

23. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    This time next month very little will be known about the story. JJ Abrams will have a tight lock on the script and the shoot. The first of the teaser images will have made its way to Starwars.com. It won't be much but these forums will explode.

24. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    This time next year would probably be re-shoots if needed and hopefully a trailer that will play before The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

25. Baumer

Baumer Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2014
    There will be a trailer this December all these big event films are doing trailers a year in advance now