main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Grown men watch MLP? Damn, you learn something new every day.

I don't care that much how TCW is classified in Toon Land, as I doubt I would have watched it if it didn't have Star Wars attached to it.

2. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    TCW qualifies as a "kid's show" to me. I don't get these comments like "It has war and death and suicide so it isn't for kids!" Like kids can't handle something that gets violent or serious.

3. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    TCW is a kids show that can be enjoyed by adults, not an adult show that kids happen to watch. It's like Pixar films; while they're marketed and branded for children(and rightly so), there's often a lot of material for older people to appreciate as well.

Obimus Primobi likes this.
  4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Is Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down or Apocalypse Now or Full Metal Jacket, or Band of Brothers, kids shows?

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Of course not, but The Lion King and Bambi are.

6. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I'm considering starting a death count when I watch my TCW chronological marathon. I watched the "Mauldalore" arc a while back and was actually surprised by the amount of death shown. I realize kids can handle such things but I grew up in an era when G.I. Joe would blow the crap out of Cobra tanks, planes, etc. and the scene would always include the Cobra troops crawling from the wreckage. If someone has started a death count in the series I'd be interested to see the results.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Isn't there a thread for that? I feel like we have a thread for that, it seems awfully familiar. [face_thinking]

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    We have threads of everything.

9. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    You're correct, there was a thread for that, but it's now locked.

Credit to K'Kruhk for these interesting stats:
    • There was a total of at least 137 named character deaths in the entire show, plus the TCW film.
    • Pong Krell had the most onscreen kills of any (bipedal) character with 51, followed closely by Savage Opress with (at least) 48. The Zillo Beast also had at least 51 onscreen kills.
    • The TCW movie had 56 character deaths (mooks, for the most part).
    • Landing on Point Rain had so many characters die onscreen that K'Kruhk gave up on counting.
    In terms of recurrent named characters dying, Darth Kickass, I suspect the Mauldalore arc had the most, since they killed off four characters that appeared in at least three episodes (with significant roles); Adi Gallia, Pre Vizsla, Duchess Satine, and Savage Opress. Certainly not including the ridiculous body counts due to unnamed characters and minor characters like Oruba and Sabo dying.

10. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Thanks Circular Logic. I'm not sure that kind of carnage really qualifies as a "kiddie" show IMO. For the record though, my 4 yr. old daughter voted for My Little Pony :(

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My son once told me how many hedgehogs died in Sonic the Hedgehog, but I've forgotten.

And this was after my time but how many kids survived Optimus Prime's death in Transformers?

Kids can handle far more than we give them credit for.

As far as animation, I do think animation might make violence and death seem less realistic and therefore more kid friendly. I dunno though.

12. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Don't get me wrong @anakinfansince 1983, I'm not saying this show isn't fit for consumption by children. My argument is that it shouldn't be viewed as directed only at children anymore than ANY of the SW should be. Some may kill me for this, but, I watch the Walking Dead with my 9 yr. old daughter and she loves it! We watch it together and I pause the episode and point out how the special effects were done so she can appreciate the artistry of the program and realize that it is only make believe. I also record the Talking Dead and we watch the special effects featurette they always do just to reinforce the fact that it is not real. We make sure the 4 yr. old is in bed before we watch BTW [face_whistling]. I was always allowed to watch such programming growing up but I had to watch it with my dad and he always reinforced to me the fact that it was not real, and I turned out okay. So far.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh, I agree with you, and I let my 8-year-old watch anything that isn't R-rated. He's pretty good at stopping himself if something bothers him. I don't shield my 6-year-old either but he's a little more sensitive and shields himself.

I don't think TCW should be considered as "only" a children's show either so maybe we were on the same page all along?

14. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Wait, you have a son? Why is it everyone I connect with is like 20 years older than me?

Paparazzo likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I have two sons. And I'm probably the oldest TV forum regular although I'm not completely sure about that.

I've had the opposite experience; a lot of "wait a minute...I could be your mother" realizations.

Your post read with your signature is pretty funny though.

KenobiSkywalker, Revanfan1 and EHT like this.
  16. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    @ anikanfansince 1983: Yeah I think we're on the same page, in more ways than one (in reference to your latest post).

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Sorry @anakinfansince 1983. For some reason that's hard for me to spell correctly.:(

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My iPad has substituted autocorrect for auto-completely-****ing-WRONG all day. I get it.

Darth Valkyrus and Darth Kickass like this.
  19. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Mine does that all the time. Especially on forums like these, where many of the words typed are likely to be names of fictional things and thus not in the dictionary.

For example my iPad has a habit of trying to turn the Emperor of the galaxy into a hill in Rome.

20. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    Well it has just passed midnight where I live, so it's officially Christmas Day for me and although I'm too early for some of you in other time zones:
    MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!
    [​IMG]

21. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Don't panic, I'm still in utero.

Has anybody else noticed that the movement of the battle droids (in later series, notably. Will need to rewatch earlier ones) are really fluid. I feel like they should be clunky and robotic but they walk just as regular humans do

22. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    My dictionary is in another language!

23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    TBH I thought that was Nirvana's worst album :p

Paparazzo likes this.
  24. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Did anyone notice that Ventress appeared in the very first and very last episode?

Chewbacca89 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Character importance: TCW, you did it right.