main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Battle of Words {A War of Kings OOC Thread}

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by spycoder9, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Slade is a jerky-jerk-jerk-face [face_frustrated]:p Though it willl be interesting to see the nature of his involvement unfolding in the Isles story-line...

See what you've done with that one post spycoder9 and JediMasterAnne !? You've opened the floodgates! :p

*goes off to ponder* [face_thinking]

And can I just say how awesome it is too see the game thriving again! So much fun! :)

2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Better than opening the floodgates on Martyn and Callista, because then, literally, the you-know-what would hit the proverbial fan. :p

3. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    *holds up hands defensively* Hey, I had nothing to do with that particular plot point. spy wrote that part, I just posted it. :p

4. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    It's my job to make things interesting ;) And things only get more interesting from here. :D

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, that was fun :D

6. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    [face_frustrated] ......well, my computer decided to die on me today. Will be taking it to a shop, but at this point, I've no idea how long it will be. Hopefully not long. This greyjedi is not a happy camper at the moment. I'll try to read and hopefully find ways to post, but I can't make promises.......*le deep sigh* Wish me luck. *(happy thoughts, happy thoughts....) ugh.

7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Dislike button.

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    AC:IV uses "The Parting Glass"? How interesting. It's a much slower version than I usually hear. (Then again, my go-to version is the High Kings.) Anyways, I get the impression that Gwenn is not happy about leaving. :(

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Wow,Trieste. That was excellent! I was totally enrapt by your story of Lady Emilie. Bravo!=D=

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Thank you. I've known for some time that there were going to be flashbacks to Lawrence's childhood with Emilie. When he got asked about it, I just knew that now was the time. This may not be the last of them, by the way. ;)

greyjedi125 likes this.
  11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    That's good to hear,Trieste, I look forward to it. :)

Also, I'm really enjoying how things are progressing. Thank you so very much spycoder9 for coming back! Pure awesome! (...and you're forbidden to ever leave again! :p )

Mitth_Fisto and spycoder9 like this.
  12. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    What is that saying... "Hell hath no fury than a priestess scorned?" [face_worried]

Scary Eliza!

spycoder9 likes this.
  13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    ...yay...

14. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Many of the storylines are nearing their "Part I climax"! ;) Getting excited just thinking about it. :D

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I cannot wait for Part I to be over. Mainly because Part II will be "Lawrence and Safia use their fondue set."

greyjedi125 likes this.
  16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Still keeping an eye out to see if Gwenn's nightmarish vision comes to pass. I've certainly not forgotten about it. :p

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Gwenn! I know that our fair queen might be giving people ideas, but don't push the King! Seriously, don't push him. It's not like I'm trying to use subliminal messages. It would be a terrible thing if you pushed the King off the boat. If he fell overboard, no one would know you did it, but you'd feel incredible guilt right now? So please whatever you do, don't push the King who is lost and thought and will never see you coming, making you the new Queen of the Isles. Do not even think of it.

:D

spycoder9 and greyjedi125 like this.
  18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Trieste! [face_laugh] you're killing me! Too hilarious!! so is it Patricide or Regicide that thou so subtly promotest!? [face_shame_on_you]

Gwenn is possessed of a pure and noble heart...she would NEVER!! ( or would she? [face_thinking] )

So eeeeevel!!! [face_skull] ( but it makes good drama!) :p

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    **Whew!!** oh the intrigue is getting THICK out there!!!

[face_devil]

*Just wonders how us out of the time loop gonna fit into all of this...*

.. Looks out for the desert fox....

20. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Wow. I had expected that Iliza was some sort of shapeshifter. But it you are implying that. . .happened to her. . .wow. That's so much more hellishly scary. Another unexpected twist from the world's best GM, and the best group of players I know!

spycoder9 likes this.
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Wait...what do you think happened to her? Because I'm not sure I follow...which scares me...

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Hehe.. That IS a scary thought!!

And I wonder what vows she is alluding to that Ser Lawrence broke?! Cause we got enough trouble..lol. Running into cursed Kildare's would definitely bring in a new twist to things. hehehe :p

**hehe. Yeah, nothing worse than being a rep for a deity, and ya get on his bad side!" :D

w00t!
    [face_devil]

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I still don't know what people think happened to Illiza. :p

As for Lawrence's vows, Illiza is referring to his vows of knighthood. One of those vows was a vow of chastity, that he would be faithful to V'hallar as part of his knighthood. Lawrence broke this vow when he got busy with Illiza in the Plains. However, marrying Safia actually wouldn't have broken this vow because it's a vow of chastity not celibacy. Chastity is, simply put, devoting yourself to one thing and not straying from that (in a sexual context more often than not). Celibacy is not having sex. Because Lawrence took a vow of chastity, he could have sex...but since his vow is to V'hallar, he can't have sex because it's a vow made to a god. However, when Lawrence marries Safia, his vow of chastity would be transferred to her. Therefore, Lawrence could make love to Safia as his wife.

Though now that I think about it spycoder9 couldn't we argue that Lawrence in making love to Illiza was making love to a representative of V'hallar, therefore not breaking his vow of chastity to V'hallar?

Maybe we can retcon Illiza back to health and get Lawrence out of his current pickle? :p

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    I swear..this board needs a I LOVE IT!!.. button!!

**Loving all the drama!** :D

25. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I absolutely love that in spite of having no idea what you are up against, Lawrence just verbally blasted her with his own righteous indignation, implied V'hallar was awful and unworthy, then just dropped the mic. Wouldn't this have been ideal to figure out before you started offering up outrageous insults? :p

As for what happened, try approaching it from the other direction? What didn't happen? She didn't age naturally. She didn't have a long, satisfying life filled with successes and disappointments, joys and sorrows, and all the rich meat of human existence. She just collected the disabilities of half a century in a couple of days. Then she said that whatever it is that did that to her is coming for Lawrence. At this point, to quote Dirty Harry, "You've got ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky?"

Well, do you Trieste?