main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I've read it again and I'm sure you can jump a few puddles and figure out how to get him to Tatooine, give Qui-Gon the break he needs and make him see that the voices he hears are that of his beloved padawan Obi-Wan. There doesn't have to be a logical reason when writing just send him there . Don't stress over how, why, and when.
    Better the story goes forward than not going anywhere at all.

:D[face_peace]@};-

serendipityaey and obimom like this.
  2. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Sure has been quiet in here lately.

serendipityaey likes this.
  3. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Finished reading the Kenobi novel last night (stayed awake till 3am) and its compounded the fact that Obi-Wan was THE MAN.

4. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I wonder if that book can be found at the Library yet?

I'll have to check.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    While I am not generally into EU, that book is one of the grandest things I have ever read.

serendipityaey likes this.
  6. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Yep still waiting for it over here I suppose I will have to import Kenobi on ebay or something like that.

7. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Morning....

I still haven't checked the Library yet...I hope they have the Kenobi book.

I had yesterday off and watched Stay for the seocnd time (the first time about five or six years ago (has it really been that long? Where has the time gone?)

Anyway, it's a very dark, pretty disturbing film, one of the darkest I've seen Ewan in. He's not as sparkly in this, because of the nature of the film. It's a psychological thriller, pretty abstract, almost psychedelic in parts, and this being the second time I've seen it, knowing what the outcome is helped me understand more of the earlier parts . It's definitely a movie one should see more than once to understand it better.

Has anyone else here seen it? I do like it, and Ewan of course was good in it.

8. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Hello all,

Several things are going on in my personal life which means posting on here is becoming difficult... Just to say I will be keeping my word to start posting my Obi-Wan/Satine fic on the 28th December 2013. I'll let you guys know when it is up.

If I don';t post before Christmas I hope yours will be a good one! :)

9. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I have seen it obimom and I enjoyed it, it was very different. I really appreciate as a movie lover that Ewan does so many different types of movies, it's probably a huge part of what led me to being such a big fan. And I love him with Naomi Watts, she's become very similar to how I see Aala...

10. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    i want to greet you all a very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.:)

must remind my sister in Australia to get me a Kenobi book.Disney should make a movie out of that.with Ewan as Obiwan,of course.[face_dancing]

obimom likes this.
  11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010

Of course!!

No body else will do. In fact, if it's not with Ewan, then don't bother. ;)

12. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Absolutely, they can't make an Obi-Wan movie without Ewan. ( I would not watch it!!!) I cant find Kenobi in book stores here.

I'll get it after Christmas, going to harbour for ten days, leaving on Christmas day.

Yes I've seen Stay, it is easier to understand the next time you watch it.

obimom likes this.
  13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    It is easier...because the second time you know why it's all happening. The first time it's pretty bizarre...you're not sure what's "real" in it or not. Made it interesting to watch...;)

Hope you can find Kenobi .... I keep meaning to check the library adn keep forgetting....

14. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Ok, who would actually like to see A Jedi's Love to begin posting before Christmas?

I feel in a giving mood. And its been in my head for ages now that I want to post it, even though I'm only writing chapter 8 still lol.

Note: Obi-Wan does not appear till Chapter 2 as the Prologue and Chapter 1 deal with Anakin. Though if I did start posting it earlier, it would mean Obi-Wan's first chapter would be posted sooner rather then later...

The good Obi-Wan/Satine stuff doesn't start until much later on in the fic though...

So, who would like me to start posting it over the weekend?

Gkilkenny I hope you manage to find Kenobi eventually! It was better then I thought it would be!

15. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    So I guess no one is interested then? :eek:

16. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh, hadn't seen your post. I'm always interested in some well-written Obi-fanfic, I'm just not sure I'll have time to read it before christmas, but if you start posting I shall give it a try ;)

17. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Post away!

I can't wait for the Dr. / Obi crossover though...that's what I'm waiting for...:)

hlc88 likes this.
  18. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

That is coming! It is being slowly reworked! Target date for that fic is June 2014. I prefer to give myself target dates for fic postings... most of the time I can meet them. The crossover would be starting in a few weeks apart from the fact that I've decided that the original just wasn't good enough and is being reworked so the target date has to be pushed back. It is coming.

I'm just trying to finish off The Protector! Once that is done I will be able to spend more time writing the crossover fic.

19. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    So, how is everyone?

This board has been very quiet lately.

My son and I went to Walmart this afternoon (gag), but only because my son was given a Walmart gift card, but I saw the Kenobi book..held it, flipped through a few pages, and told my son he could use his card to get it for me if he wanted to...he didn't answer...(sigh)...

Oh well, sometime. :)

20. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    What is Walmart, is it like K Mart ? over here in OZ, or Target? or Big W?

21. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    I like how Ben's conversation with Luke was tightened in "Star Wars Revisited"...

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Large discount department store chain in the US. .

Gkilkenny likes this.
  23. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Morning...day off. Hubby working, watching "Eye of the Beholder" right now.

Very dark and different, and Ewan's character is so sad in this.

Some critics thought he was a little young for a role like this, but he's still adorable in this.

Walmart...where do I begin. It's like Kmart or Target. It used to be good, it was one of my favorite shopping spots, but after the original owner died and his children took over, it became a monster, often taking over small towns and driving out mom and pop businesses. They, of course, are not the first to do this sort of thing, but their methods and ethics are highly questionable. I had quit shopping there for a long time, and then a documentary expose of it came out which confirmed what I had been seeing about it, called "Walmart: the High cost of Low prices"...very interesting and eye opening. I just avoid shopping there unless I just have to...which is mostly never - but since son received a Walmart gift card, he'll probably use it.

Gkilkenny likes this.
  24. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Thanks, will check my department stores for Kenobi.

25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005