main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga favorite conflict in the Saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darklordoftech, Dec 27, 2013.

?

Which conflict is your favorite?

1. Jedi vs. Sith

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. Rebels vs. Empire

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. CIS vs. Republic

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  4. Trade Federation vs. Naboo

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I made this poll to find out what conflicts the TFN community likes most.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Rebellion against the Empire!

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You know of the rebellion against the empire?!

4. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  5. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    Seeing as lightsabres got me primarily into star wars, I'm gonna go with jedi vs sith.

6. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I don't know if I have a favorite, to be honest. The Jedi/Sith conflict is the true core of it all and without that element, it wouldn't be Star Wars, but the way it's intertwined with the political conflicts - and the personal conflicts - is what makes it so great in the end. All the layers strengthen eachother and make the war seem all the more urgent, thereby creating a fantastic whole. Remove one element and the war would look entirely different. When you think about it, the Jedi/Sith conflict is the political conflict and vice versa.
    Therefore, my favorite is all of the above.

- If they're not all destroyed, it will be civil war without end.
    - With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy!
    /LM

Moviefan2k4, Alexrd and Darth Raiden like this.
  7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I actually think that Rebel/Empire without Jedi/Sith is more Star Wars than Jedi/Sith without Rebel/Empire. Just my opinion.

only one kenobi and Sarge like this.
  8. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    That's cool. Different fans will love the movies in different ways. A sign of the many-layered nature of Star Wars!

- What a piece of junk!
    - From your point of view.

/LM

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    =D=

10. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Favorite: The Republic vs CIS. Both are right and wrong. Each has good and bad guys, but little do they each know they're being stringed along by the same guy that is the true villain

Honorable mention: Jedi vs Sith. Once in awhile I get a little tired of Jedi vs Sith. I hope to see more non Jedi vs Sith related conflicts in the spinoff movies. But after that I do like the conflict. The Jedi are or try to be the good guys- the light, but they are incredibly flawed. Then you have the Sith who are similar minus how they approach the Force. Also this might be an unpopular opinion but I actually like the Rule of Two. I think it's actually unique to have the villains limit their numbers and smart since they don't like to share power.

Least favorite: I might get some hate for this but Rebellion vs Empire. Honestly I feel like we've seen the big guy vs the little guy conflict a thousand times in movies, books, etc

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That's how I (we) came to be in your service, if you take my meaning sir.

Sarge and darklordoftech like this.
  12. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Anakin vs Himself

Alright, alright, I'll pick a real one. Jedi vs Sith. Really it's the one that all the other conflicts come from. I love the idea of this multi-millennial Holy War between two factions of sorcerers, one that has built, defined, and destroyed society multiple times over. When Obi Wan and Qui Gon toss aside their robes and stand before Darth Maul, lightsabers drawn, there's a matter-of-factness to it all that blows me away; this is just what they do, this is their purpose. Jedi fight Sith, Sith fight Jedi. Wash, rinse, repeat. You get a sense in that moment that this has happened before dozens upon dozens of times throughout history.

And to think, that shadow of a war could seep into other institutions and cause the rise and fall of entire civilizations? Wow.

Darth Raiden likes this.
  13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    To me, Rebels vs. Empire embodies the true core of Star Wars: democracy vs. dictatorship.

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    As a kid when I was introduced to Star Wars, the duel between Ben and Vader was the highlight of the movie and it remained that way for many years. Jedi vs Sith it is.

Sarge and Darth Raiden like this.
  15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Jedi vs Sith

Darth Raiden likes this.
  16. skyrimcat9416

skyrimcat9416 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2013
    Jedi vs. Sith

Darth Raiden likes this.
  17. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    The Actors vs. The Dialogue

Frank T. likes this.
  18. Big_Benn_Klingon

Big_Benn_Klingon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2013
    Kinda exactly why it fell flat for me when I grew up and learned about what "democracy vs dictatorship" was and that it's not anything like SW in real life. To that extent the CIS-Republic conflict felt far more believable as far as the factions having both just and unjust motivations.

But that's not why I like the CIS-Rep conflict the best. I just like it because it's an actual full scale galactic war rather than a counter-insurgency/insurgency conflict with the occasional large fleet action

19. Lord Schtam

Lord Schtam Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2014
    The cold war between the Republic and Sith.

20. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Palpatine pitting everybody against one another for his own gain.

21. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Jedi Civil War.

22. only one kenobi

only one kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2012

But it's not "democracy vs dictatorship"...not in the sense of an allegedly 'real world' political 'reality'. It is Empire vs Freedom. Just because our ruling classes have worked to convince us they aren't really Empire..that "we're all in this together"..that somehow there is an external, foreign threat that means that, in some way, we should be thankful that there are those who are willing to step forward and rule us for our own benefit...and keep us "safe and secure" - doesn't mean that we should trust to that idea.

There are elements within the CIS v Republic war that I think are interesting. I just wish it had been handled better.

23. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Well Obi-Wan/Anakin and Luke/Vader are two of my favorite parts of the entire Saga; so I guess I have to go with Jedi vs Sith.

24. Doom Trooper

Doom Trooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2014
    Rebels vs. Empire, absolutely no contest for me whatsoever.

25. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    It's been a while since you posted that, but thank you very much!

[face_dancing][face_party][face_clown]
    /LM