main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Aug 24, 2013.

?

What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

1. Sith History

78 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. Sith Temple

46 vote(s)
    31.9%
  3. Sith Army

25 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Sith Training

45 vote(s)
    31.3%
  5. Origin of the Red Saber

26 vote(s)
    18.1%
  6. New Sith Order : Eliminating the failed Rule of Two.

68 vote(s)
    47.2%
  7. Other

27 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    According to Lucas in the audio commentaries for ESB, there can be more than two Sith Lords. However, whenever that happens they go on a murder-spree on each other until there are no more than two remaining.

Darth Chiznuk , Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup. In Darth Plagueis, Plagueis mentions that the galaxy is full of "Sith pretenders" and that, where possible, the "true Sith" should destroy them.

3. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    Sidious certainly wasn't very happy when he discovered Maul as a 'Rival' and a Master Sith to Savage Opress in TCW either.

4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I would think that multiple Sith would first try to wipe out the Jedi. Killing each other is pretty idiotic as long as there are other foes.

KotoR II did it right. There the Sith almost wiped out the Jedi and then started killing each other.

Dra--- likes this.
  5. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004

For some, the PT diminished the mythology of 4-6. For others, it enhanced it. I imagine the same will be true of the ST. It may have more of an uphill battle in a way since people are still locked into the notion that the story is over with ROTJ, but I think there are plenty of ways that the ST can expand on the mythology of the first six movies, even with the return of the Sith, without crapping on it or trying to sidestep it.

6. niel6658

niel6658 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2013
    At the beginning of Episode 7 the warlords of the Imperial Remnant in the "Deep Core" should be re-united by the Dark Lords of a new Sith Order, which doesn't follow Banes' "rule of two". Out of the chaos of the Imperial Remnant would rise a powerful new Sith Empire, which can challenge the New Republic and Skywalker's new Jedi Order.

Dra--- likes this.
  7. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    LOL, that is roughly the plot of SWTOR.

8. niel6658

Dec 29, 2013
    The seventh installment of the Star Wars saga should be kept in the spirit of the classic trilogy, with a look towards the exciting trailers of "The Old Republic" game for inspiration. The new episode is rumored to begin approximately 30-35 years after the events in ‘Return Of The Jedi' (ROTJ), which leaves amble room for manouvre.

I believe the best way to continue this great saga is to think out of the box, but still keep the basic concepts of classic Star Wars at the core of the adventures (Sith vs. Jedi). Disney/Lucasfilm should not try to fit the multitude of events from the Expanded Universe into the new movies.

Inspiration from the trailers of the Old Republic game could help to establish the feeling of a Galaxy divided and in turmoil following the events in ROTJ. I basically imagine the Galaxy divided between the Warlords of the Imperial Remnant (30%), the New Republic (30%) and a multitude of neutral independent systems (40%).

The many independent systems of the Galaxy should not be willing to re-unite under any form of central Galactic government after the fall of the Empire. The destruction of the democratic institutions of the Old Republic by Palpatines' New order, should NOT be easily overcome. It could take Jedi-counselors centuries to restore faith in a central Galactic government again.

A shaky armistice, between the Imperial Remnant and the New Republic, should be in place at the beginning of the movie. This armistice (Treaty of Coruscant) should have been agreed to by the two warring sides out of dire necesity, following the Yuuzhan Vong invasion in 25 ABY, and severe war-fatigue from almost two decades of intense warfare between these two Galactic super powers.

The New Republic and the revived Jedi Order is militarily strong, but does not approve of military conquest as a form of expansion. That is why Jedi-counselors are dispatched to all corners of the galaxy, in an effort to sway the many independent neutral systems to slowly re-join a Galactic Republic via trade arrangements and various treaties that ensures FREEDOM to all sentient beings.

However, the many force sensitive agents of the late Lord Sidious (Imperial Hands, Guards, Inquisitors and Dark Acolytes) are also being re-united under a new strong Sith leader who deplores the break-up of the once almighty Galactic Empire. This new Sith Master has used the past decades to reform the ways of the ancient Sith Order to bring back LAW & ORDER to the chaotic Galaxy. The Sith Master has changed the ways of the Sith away from the "rule of two", so that the Sith will have the sufficient numbers to re-conquer the whole Galaxy and defeat the New Republic and its hated Jedi defenders.

The powerful new Sith Order with its many warriors and agents would force the Imperial warlords of the Deep Core to unite behind them during the first movie. Thus turning the Imperial Remnant into a new strong Sith Empire with well-known TIE-fighters (incl. TIE-defenders), Star Destroyers, Stormtroopers, Walkers and Imperial Officers at its disposal.

The Sith Empire would begin expanding into neutral territory militarily and this would bring it into direct confrontation with the New Republic and the Jedi Order. The stage is set for brand new great STAR WARS adventures, battles between good and evil and light sabres ratling...

Dra--- likes this.
  9. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I do love The Old Republic trailers; they are very well done. I love the motion-capture. I enjoy the game too. But I'm not sure how inspiration you can get out of a couple of trailers, other than ideas for lightsaber duels. The trailers were short and didn't have much of a plot, if I recall correctly.

10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The Vong Invasion is one of those things that's rather "love it or hate it" in the EU.

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I think that the Sith are boring and cliche without the Rule of Two.

mes520 likes this.
  12. niel6658

Dec 29, 2013
    What I like about the trailers is that they have many Sith vs. many Jedi, something I missed in the prequel trilogy. The micro-plot in the trailer Deceived is that the Sith return from hiding and take the Jedi by surprise.

In the beginning of Episode 7 the Sith could take the Warlords of the Imperial Remnant by surprise and surplant them.

Dra--- likes this.
  13. niel6658

Dec 29, 2013
    The Yuuszan Vong War should NOT be in the movie. But the heroes could talk about it, like Obi Wan tells Luke about the Clone Wars in ANH.

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe a bizarre offspring of the Sith ideology is in order?

Dra--- likes this.
  15. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I pray that they stick to their word and bring an ORIGINAL story and leave the Vong to the EU novels and thus NOT canon.

16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Hence the whole "after the Vong War" starting point.

Force Smuggler and niel6658 like this.
  17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah but then they'd have to factor in Chewie's death which would upset a lot of non-EU readers like myself.

TheBBP, Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  18. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    niel6658: I think your plot would make for a fun series of movies. But I don't see any reason to even mention the Vong. Just state more simply the two sides, Remnant and Republic, have been in armistice for a while. That's all that's necessary.

Anyway, darklordoftech, not every group necessarily becomes boring when you make an army out of them. I watched the Hobbit 2 last night and the Orcs are scary as a multitude and even when they die en masse. What makes them begin to lose tension by the end of the movie isn't their large number, but how easily the elves and dwarfs kill them without themselves being killed.

What I liked about the Orcs is they all share a similar look, but the artists also do a good job of making many of them distinct. A Sith army or Sith mass could be similarly interesting.

niel6658 and Odolwa like this.
  19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm going to agree to disagree with you on that.

Dra--- likes this.
  20. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I'd be all for a Sith army. Or at least a group of Jedi-gone-bad mirroring a rising NJO.

Dra--- and niel6658 like this.
  21. niel6658

Dec 29, 2013
    The EU should not be considered canon, only the live action movies are true canon. I think the Galaxy should be broken up, divided and in turmoil at the beginning of Star Wars 7. After all, the death of the Emperor in ROTJ would have left the many Moffs and regional governors of the Empire (the warlords) in charge of vast military resources, which the Alliance couldn't match any time soon.

But the EU could be used as an inspiration, incl.games as SWTOR. However, whether Chewie is in the movie or not, should not depend on the mentioning of the Yuuszan Vong War, since that war hasn't been depicted in live action movies yet.

Dra--- likes this.
  22. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Dra--- watched hobbit 2 last night as well haha. Pretty good. I think a Legacy style one sith would be pretty interesting, Make them all Unique and tough and all be believable villains that aren't just used as target practice like Orcs are in hobbit.

niel6658 likes this.
  23. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Funny we saw it on the same night!

What's a Legacy style one Sith?

Yes, the only annoying thing to me about the Orcs is they are simply target practice. Although, I have to admit, the elves kill them in such entertaining ways it almost doesn't matter.

A side note on the Vong: apparently they were originally meant to be Sith Purebloods, but Lucasfilm wouldn't allow it.

24. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    The sith from the Legacy comics, One Sith rules over a large group of other sith. I would love for the sith Purebloods to make a appearance in the movies
    [​IMG]
    Ya the elves were pretty bad ass in hobbit
    PS sorry for large pic, wouldn't let me make it smaller.

niel6658 and Dra--- like this.
  25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Ditch the Maul tattoos please (if they appear in the ST).