main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Should've just said this.

Congrats to Peyton Manning for breaking another record and adding some more to your TD total. Tom Brady did another punt today because that's the one thing Manning hasn't done yet and it makes him feel better after Manning's record breaking year. :p

Colts seem to be hitting their stride right now so I'm pretty pumped for the Playoffs!

Oops almost forgot about my forbidden love Rodgers coming back. [face_love]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Watch the play. Either the play was dead before he got to the first down or Cyrus Gray ripped the ball out and returned it for the touchdown. You can't have it both ways. You also aren't allowed to push players which all the San Diego players were doing on that play, though that's reasonably common.

Anyway I absolutely hate the Steelers so trust me when I say I much preferred the Chargers getting in. But not by some obvious BS. They mentioned it on the broadcast. It's really simple.

And then to have Rivers on the post game saying the Chargers didn't need any help to get in.... hahahaha wtf you assclown. First two other teams had to lose. Then the Chiefs practically gifted the game to them by playing almost entirely backups. Then our second and third string team was ahead the entire game until overtime. Which we only went to by our kicker missing a FG at the end of regulation, not having it blocked or anything. And the only OT points they got came after they should have turned it over on downs or fumbled for a game-ending TD by the Chiefs. Even if you didn't see or understand that play, how the hell can the Chargers say with anything approaching a straight face that they didn't need any help getting into the playoffs? Our backups beat the crap out of them and they got super super lucky in the end and other teams lost. Yeah sounds like no help to me.

Have never had any ill will toward the Chargers before this.

Asterix_of_Gaul and Zeta1127 like this.
  3. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I've watched the play about 15 times now. He was definitely over the line but the camera angle was tough to tell if his knee was down at all. I also can't hear a whistle.

But that is completely irrelevant because the Chiefs kicker missed the FG in regulation.

4. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Ah, so I wasn't the only one who thought the Chiefs had won after that fake punt, and they didn't even bother to review it.

Asterix_of_Gaul likes this.
  5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well no it's not irrelevant. Yes it's mostly Succop's fault we lost and believe me that pissed me off. The game doesn't matter to us but he owed it to the backups who played their asses off to make a pretty easy kick.

But that doesn't mean the horrible OT call was okay. The refs put San Diego into the playoffs without a second glance. The game was over otherwise. And no they definitely didn't blow the whistle. Everyone was still moving so to me that's still a live ball. They let him keep moving forward so they considered it one. But with playoffs in the picture the booth should definitely review that. It's insane that they didn't even look at it.

6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    The only thing Tom Brady's done... except won three times as many Super Bowls. I know, an insignificant part of the game. Certainly not as important as punts :p

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Tony Gonzalez
    Barry Sanders
    Dan Marino

Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?

8. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Time for my Browns post that no one else really cares about!

[​IMG]

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Wow, Browns didn't even wait for Black Monday.

10. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Have fun at home.

LloydChristmas and xblackout like this.
  11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    And I don't think Marino is top five all time for that exact reason. QBs are judged by wins because about 45% of the game is literally in their hands at some point.

Gonzales and Sanders are different stories. Particularly a tight end, who maybe has a chance to touch the ball 10 times a game. I agree that Tony G's playoff losses are partly his own fault because he never played very well for us in the playoffs. But that's not to say he's not the greatest to play his position. He is. His ability to affects the outcome is just far far less than a QB or even a TB who gets 30 touches a game.

QBs just aren't judged the same way, though, nor should they be. You particularly can't be a QB who is also basically the offensive coordinator then eschew all responsibility for your playoff losses. Doesn't work like that.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  12. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I would prefer the Steelers getting in, because I am sick and tired of seeing the Chiefs get into wild games with the Chargers, such as the two games this year, for about a decade or two.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    *snickers* buh Bye Cowgirls. Buh Bye Jason Garrett.

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Things just got interesting.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    See, it doesn't matter WHO is QB for the Cowboys! So it's not Romo's fault!

16. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Damn you! I was coming in here to say that!

[​IMG]

DarthTunick and Point Given like this.
  17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Due to this loss, aren't the Cowboys now exactly .500 since their last Super Bowl win?

Sent from my iPhone 5... take that, Wocky!

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Hope the Saints like the possiblity of snow in Philly.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

Yeah, he was definitely still moving forward when 57 for the Chiefs ripped it out. Then 32, Cyrus Gray, runs it in for the TD. This is pretty clear here.

Keep in mind also that on the field they didn't blow the whistle until Gray was in the end zone. But then without review or explanation, they suddenly decided nope! His forward progress was stopped and the play was dead. Even though it wasn't blown dead and they didn't even look at it again. Why did they call that? Probably because they knew the game had no impact for the Chiefs, meant the playoffs to San Diego, and they were in San Diego and didn't want to get booed... just utter bs. Evidently Pittsburgh fans at their SB Nation site are livid. And I don't blame them.

20. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    solojones so you have something to complain about ref-wise but you're complaining about the wrong thing. Apparently during the field goal try (that the Chiefs missed) the Chargers had 7 guys on one side of the ball and that isn't allowed. Therefore a flag should've been thrown and a re-kick done. The NFL is going to issue an apology for that tomorrow.

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Solojones your team is in the playoffs, congrats.

My team ahhhhhhh!

22. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  23. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Ironic that it was the Eagles' defense that ultimately won the game.

24. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Not only have the Cowboys lost three NFC East Championship games in a row, they've lost them to each of the three other NFC East teams.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I chuckled when I heard them say that on air.