main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will we possibly finally see the Whills?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheAvengerButton, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Permission to use that line in my upcoming movie?

2. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    sure

3. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004

Qui-Gon may have come closer to finding that balance than anybody else, which may be part of why he was tapped by the Whills, but I think Anakin is still the key. Having returned from the Dark Side back to the Light before his death, he would be in a unique position to understand the true nature of both and incorporate that more complete understanding into his teachings to Luke.

Perhaps Sidious returns as a ghost not because the Whills taught him the secret like Qui-Gon, but as some kind of indirect result of them bringing back the others, and Anakin in particular, but is still somehow necessary to accomplishing their goal.

Darth Archimage, Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  4. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Thanks. Does anyone know the best way to blow up our sun? It is vital to the third act of my film where the Jedi and Sith set down their lightsabers and join arms. They then use the force to detonate our sun and save the galaxy from this end of times villains…..the humans of earth. I have decided not to sully this film with special effects and thus will actually film our sun blowing up. I will also be playing this song in the background.

Thoughts?

Odolwa likes this.
  5. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    [face_thinking] [face_idea]

Whont: Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding. There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it. I am beyond your comprehension. I am [insert ineffable name here].

Protagonist: [Insert ineffable name] isn’t just some Sith warship that [insert dark side/Sith character] found! It’s an actual Whont!

Whont: Whont? A label created by the Whills to give voice to their destruction. In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant. We simply…are. My kind transcends your very understanding. We are each a nation—independent, free of all weakness. You cannot grasp the nature of our existence. We are legion. The time of our return is coming. Our numbers will darken the sky of every world. You cannot escape your doom.

That would fit your end times scenario!

So perhaps the Whills represent the true balance of the Force, while the Whonts represent the imbalance!

Immortiss, perhaps the Whonts would be the ones to bestow upon Palpatine/Plagueis the unnatural immortality in contrast to the Whills teaching Jedi how to Force ghost. Haha, maybe I'm starting to take darklordoftech's idea a bit too seriously!

6. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    This conflicts with my above mentioned movie so I will dismiss it as crazy.

Odolwa likes this.
  7. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    The longer this thread goes on, the more the Whills sound like Marvel's Watchers.

From Wiki:

The Watchers are one of the oldest species in the universe and are committed to observing and compiling knowledge on all aspects of the universe. This policy of total non-interference came into existence due to a former, well-meant attempt by the Watchers to bestow advanced knowledge on the Prosilicans, who used the nuclear technology gained to create weapons and destroy themselves.

If that's something similar in concept, then I could definitely get behind a rogue/renegade Whill as an antagonist - especially if the Whills turn out to be Yoda's race/species. Imagine an evil Yoda...

Mystery Roach and darklordoftech like this.
  8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    When I originally came up with the concept of Whonts, it was to explain Palpatine becoming a Force Ghost.
    Since Disney owns both Marvel and Star Wars, the Whills could in fact be Watchers.
    [​IMG]

9. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Perhaps evil Yoda is the one blows up our sun?

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    darklordoftech likes this.
  11. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I just want to state for the record that I absolutely do not like the concept of the Whills being Yoda's species. To me, the mystery of Yoda's species is overrated anyway, especially since we've already seen another one now. I'm hoping we'll learn more about them in a standalone Yoda movie, but I feel that the Whills should be something totally new and different.

12. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Exactly! This x100!

The Whills need to be some kind of awesome hybrid of yoda's species, gungans, ewoks, and humans.

13. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Totes McGotes respect your opinion, but red evil Yoda... now that's adorable

Mystery Roach likes this.
  14. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I didn't want to get too far off topic in the lightsaber color thread, so does anyone else like the idea of a three-way lightsaber battle between Jedi, Sith, and Whill?

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  15. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    This makes no sense. A good analogy would be white milk and chocolate milk being in a three-way fight with a tire swing.

Odolwa likes this.
  16. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Sure, why not.

17. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    How do you figure? Maybe the Whills originated the use of lightsabers. They would obviously be much more advanced than the other combatants, but that's what makes it interesting to me, because it would force the Jedi and Sith to work together to some degree just to stay alive.

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I do.

Dra--- and Mystery Roach like this.
  19. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Whills are the E.T. species

Dra--- likes this.
  20. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    If thats the case why would the Whills even need to engage the Jedi/Sith in battle?

Dra--- likes this.
  21. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004

That's a good question which I'm sure I wouldn't know the answer to. Perhaps they simply wish to demonstrate their power. Perhaps both the Jedi and the Sith believe them to be enemies whether or not they really are. Perhaps they wish to present themselves as a common enemy to both so that they must work together against them. Or perhaps their whole existence and purpose is kept a mystery until the end.

Dra--- likes this.
  22. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Why wouldn't they just use their power to pull an inception on the Jedi and Sith, forcing them to do whatever they wanted?

Dra--- and Odolwa like this.
  23. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Sod mystery, after six films over the space of forty years. I want a good tear up with an in your face baddie. Even Palpatine in the PT was a bit disappointing as a Machiavellian politician type/young boy grooming paedo baddie.

24. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    What we really need is someone who straight-up enjoys killing people and wreaking havoc.

Darth Punk likes this.
  25. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I'd imagine that even the most powerful Force users can't trick those with strong minds.

Dra--- likes this.