main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Time to make my annual playoff predictions and doom some teams chances.

Wildcard Round
    Colts over Chiefs
    Eagles over Saints
    Chargers over Bengals
    Niners over Packers

Divisional Round
    Patriots over Colts
    Eagles over Panthers
    Broncos over Chargers
    Seahawks over Niners

Championship Games
    Broncos over Patriots
    Seahawks over Eagles

Super Bowl
    Broncos over Seahawks

timmoishere likes this.
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Yup. And exactly what I was afraid could happen when I saw the Eagles were facing the Cowboys in the last week of the season based on what happened to the Cowboys the last two years when they faced the Giants and Washington respectively.

So either the Saints are going to run roughshod all over the Eagles next week or the Eagles are going to win the Superbowl. Simple as that.

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Let's see.

Wildcard Round:

Colts over Chiefs
    Bengals over Chargers
    Eagles over Saints
    49ers over Packers

Divisional Round:

Broncos over Colts
    Bengals over Patriots
    Seahawks over 49ers
    Panthers over Eagles

Championship Games:

Broncos over Bengals
    Panthers over Seahawks

Super Bowl:

Broncos over Panthers.

4. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    Wildcard:
    Colts over Chiefs
    Bengals over Chargers (as mediocre and turnover-happy Andy Dalton is, I still think Cincy takes this one)
    Eagles over Saints (Saints really struggle on the road. While Philly's win over Dallas was a bit ugly at times, I expect them to beat the Saints).
    49ers over Packers (With Cobb and Rodgers back, this is honestly pretty close in my opinion. A win from the Pack wouldn't surprise me, but I'm guessing San Fran will win in the end)

Divisional:
    Broncos over Colts (I don't think Manning will be one-and-done this year, just too much momentum going right now)
    Patriots over Bengals (As good as the Bengals are, I think Andy Dalton is their weak link. If he turns the ball over a lot against NE, expect a solid NE win)
    Seahawks over 49ers
    Panthers over Eagles

Championship games:
    Broncos over Patriots (Should the Pats get in the Championship with anyone else, I think they win it. But probably not against Denver, and mind you, I'm a Pats fan)
    Seahawks over Panthers (At the rate they've been playing, I think they're due for a Championship win)

Superbowl
    Broncos over Seahawks (Something just tells me if Manning gets in another SB he won't walk away without a ring)

There. Mind you, I'm a New Englander and would love to see NE get in the SB but with all the injuries we've sustained I just don't see it happening. We've played some very good football this year, and with the way the team looks I expect to see another deep run next year, but I don't think we're going to the Superbowl this year. Then again, I'd given up all hope in the Saints game, and the Denver game, and the Cleveland game, and look what happened...so who knows. Maybe it is the team of miracles. But I still think Manning takes home a ring this year.

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    OK it's not like you only get to note one horrible call the refs make. Yeah that was an illegal formation and that's been brought to light now. So we should have had a rekick 5 yards closer, which I doubt Succop would have missed.

So yeah that was game-stealing screw up one. But the other one was also a win-stealing screw up of epic proportions. I get to think both were horrible because they were.

And again, it doesn't matter to the Chiefs overall. But you shouldn't have refs just straight up stealing wins from teams with impunity. I'm sorry, but bad refs should be fired. Part of the issue is there are no consequences for them. Players, coaches, GMs.... they can and do get fired if they do an awful job. Why do refs continue to seriously screw up like this and keep their jobs? I've seen some of the worst and most impactful calls this year.

Anyway, both calls were unforgivable. We won that game. Those backups who hardly get to play don't deserve to have that taken from them. And it shouldn't be the standard that if a team is already in the playoffs it's then okay to screw them over. Sorry, that's not how rules work. And the Steelers, as much as I loathe them, should be livid.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  6. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm glad Manning broke all those records this year. It's gonna make it even sweeter when he chokes. Again.

7. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    It all reminds me of that season the Patriots had where they were undefeated and then.... pffffffffffffffffffft.

The Niners will be doing the deflating, by the way.

8. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    So here's my predictions as a casual fan:

Wild Card Round:
    Chiefs over Colts (Chiefs are just too good, their backups almost defeated San Diego's starters)
    Bengals over Chargers (Bengals are undefeated at home and I don't see that streak ending)
    Eagles over Saints (warm-weather dome team on the road in a cold-weather outdoor stadium)
    Packers over 49ers (Discount Double-Check Guy is back and 49ers will have trouble stopping him)

Divisional Round:
    Broncos over Chiefs (for the third time this season)
    Bengals over Patriots (Cincy beat them once at home; on the road will be a tougher test, but I think they use momentum from the previous three weeks to pull it off)
    Seahawks over Packers (just too good, especially at home, although DDCG will keep it close)
    Panthers over Eagles (don't know hardly anything about the Panthers, so I'll just pick the higher seed)

Conference Championships:
    Broncos over Bengals (Bengals can rack up the points sometimes and will probably fight to the end, but I think Peyton will prove to be too good for them)
    Seahawks over Panthers (home-field advantage at CenturyLink will be too much to overcome)

Super Bowl XLVIII:
    Broncos over Seahawks (face it, this is the Year of Peyton)

9. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I can't even.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm not an Eagle fan by any stretch of the imagination, but consider:

2011 Giants: Win over the Cowboys to win the division in the last game of the year, and eventually win the Super Bowl.
    2012: Washington: Win over the Cowboys to win the division in the last game of the year. Get bounced out by the Seahawks and RGIII gets injured.

So, yeah right now there's a 50/50 chance they either win it all, or they get humilated by the Saints next week.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  11. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
  12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Actually based on playing the Eagles in their home opener the Chargers are going to win the Super Bowl. It's destiny.

Eeth-my-Koth likes this.
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Playoff picks:

Chiefs over Colts
    Bengals over Chargers

Packers over Niners
    Saints over Eagles
    --
    Broncos over Chiefs
    Bengals over Patriots

Seahawks over Saints
    Packers over Panthers
    --
    Bengals over Broncos
    Seahawks over Packers
    --

Seahawks over Bengals

jcgoble3 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  14. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    nothing to see here

15. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    This

16. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    (Doing best Luke Skywalker impression) I care.

This is getting ridiculous. I wasn't all that crazy about Chudzinski to begin with, and a case could be made that it's better to correct an obvious mistake early rather than to ride it out hoping it will get better, but are the Browns ever going to get this right? I pine for the good old days when we lost playoff games in the most heartbreaking ways possible.

Anyway, on to teams that have gotten it right. My preseason Superbowl pick was Cincinnati vs. San Francisco. Probably wouldn't be my pick now, but I'll stick with it. I typically get one of the two Superbowl picks right with my pre-season prediction. But I'll be rooting for Manning and the Broncos.

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    ESPN Insider's Rumor Mill is reporting that Cleveland's top target is Josh McDaniels.

No city deserves this, even one in Ohio.

Edit- Frazier done in Minnesota.

18. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    My picks (I think this is my first time doing one of these):

Wildcard round
    Bengals over Chargers
    Chiefs over Colts
    Saints over Eagles
    Packers over 49ers

Divisional round
    Broncos over Chiefs
    Bengals over Patriots
    Seahawks over Saints
    Panthers over Packers

Championship round
    Broncos over Bengals
    Seahawks over Panthers

Super Bowl
    Seahawks over Broncos

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I wonder how Browns fans would feel about Tim Tebow as their QB next year?;-)

In other news, we need to fire our owner in DC. *sighs*

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I wonder how Browns fans would feel about Tim Tebow as their QB next year?;-)

In other news, we need to fire our owner in DC. *sighs*

21. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Shanahan out in Washington. Three coaches out and its still morning!

22. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Well, our coach in DC is already out:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10214494/washington-redskins-fire-mike-shanahan

Washington: Where previously great coaching careers go to die. :(

23. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Ugh. There's no disappointment like a bad coach in your division getting fired. I'll miss you, FrazierBot 3000.

Point Given likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Four, if you count the Texans coaching vacancy.

Rew: yep.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I wonder if Washington really will go after Art Briles. That'd be awfully risky.

Reading that Oakland may end up keeping Dennis Allen. This fan will be disappointed:

[​IMG]