main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I guess I need to give WB a call then.

2. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I bought my set on Amazon and after complaining the proceeded to send yet another faulty set. Complete series set that is.

3. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Theycametheycametheycame! DHL's delivery gaffe notwithstanding that meant my corrected "collector's edition" BDs arrived an hour ago rather than Thursday, I am currently "The [F]lawless" in all its audio-synced glory. Once again, I cannot emphasize enough the good will WB showed us TCW fans in the form of the Sherri Bogard. Mad props to her. And, as an aside, I could not be happier, having a disc graced with Hondo Ohnaka, my hands-down fave TCW character. Back to the viewing feast! Hopes to all y'all in getting these ASAP!

EDIT: My set, too, was accompanied by a very gracious letter replete with signature (scanned, I'm pretty sure, not personally inscribed...but no one can blame her--she's likely fielding 100s, no 1000s, of requests!) A personalized letter with scanned signature is far above what I expected. Way to go, WB Customer Satisfaction crew. Ok. Back to a sunny day in the void!

Atantiabo likes this.
  4. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Also, I made sure to note that it was disc 2 of the season 5 set and not the complete series set. Just an FYI to those who have yet to call.

5. Lordtyrannusaurus

Lordtyrannusaurus Jedi Padawan

Oct 16, 2013
    Called WB for an update this morning, and they said they received the corrected discs, and mine shipped out on 12/18. Looking forward to this. I hope they recall and replace these sets in stores so everyone doesn't have to go through all of this.

6. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Well this is weird... I never had to send in my bad discs to get them to ship me a replacement, but I only got Disc 2 from the Complete Season 5 set--the Ahsoka one--and yet, I have the Complete Seasons 1-5 box, and told them that. It seems they've mixed up which is which.

7. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    Comments from Blu-ray.com suggest that others are experiencing this as well.

8. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    I finally called today and I mentioned that people were getting the opposite of what they were supposed to. He seemed like he knew about the problem and said it had been fixed. I guess I will find out when mine arrive.

9. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
    So let's consolidate here. What do everyone's discs look like. I got two discs (after explaining I purchased Season Five): they have the same shot of Saw Gerrera (tho with swirled blue background rather than the "matrix-y"falling green rain) on disc one, but a shot of Hondo Ohnaka (on said swirled blue) instead of Ahsoka on the green rain. Both also say "Collectors' Edition" rather than "Season Five." You guys?

10. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    And I'm still waiting for UK Warner Brothers to even get their replacement discs in! :p

11. Lordtyrannusaurus

Oct 16, 2013
    I got the complete series Hondo disc instead of the Season 5 disc 2 I requested. At this point though, I'll just keep the Ahsoka disc for the artwork, because quite frankly, I'm tired of this while fiasco. The disc works great, the audio is properly synced, so I am happy.

12. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    Same here, not receiving them is one thing but not getting any update about it from WB UK is what's starting to bother me.

13. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I sent them an email a few days ago and the latest was they hadn't received the corrected discs. It's a bit annoying as I am dying to watch Season 5 again. If I haven't got them by the end of January I will be making a complaint.

Obimus Primobi likes this.
  14. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
  15. Lordtyrannusaurus

Oct 16, 2013
    I haven't watched Disc 1 in its entirety, but were there sync issues with any of those episodes?

16. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I didn't note the times, but there were a few moments in the Onderon arc where the audio was slightly out of sync. Not nearly as bad as disk 2 though.

Obimus Primobi likes this.
  17. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002

I'll second that since I actually noticed it first on this arc.

18. Atantiabo

Atantiabo Jedi Knight

Dec 7, 2012
    In case you need correct artworks and label details of the corrected discs similar to the discs in the set that you purchased; according to postings in the link posted by Obimus Primobi at the above, just e-mail to WB. They will provide you with correct discs and let you keep the old one. Me, I'm really really happy with what they'd shipped to me.:)

darkmarc likes this.
  19. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
    Atantiabo likes this.
  20. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Ha, today they fixed their mix-up and sent the disc with the proper art, without me even prompting them. Would have liked to have had Disc 1 replaced as well, just in case, but I can't complain.

Atantiabo likes this.
  21. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Thumbs up to WB! Despite the audio goof, which I would not have caught had I not frequented the forums, they did a good job replacing discs. I returned home from vacation and awaiting me were two envelopes: the complete series disc which I did not ask for, and the season 5 disc with an apology letter.

Watched disc 2 today FINALLY and had a blast!

22. Lordtyrannusaurus

Oct 16, 2013
    I came home to an awesome surprise--- I received 2 packages in the mail. The first was the replacement disc with the corrected artwork that WB seems to be taking care of on their own. The second was a thick bubble wrapped package directly from Sherri Bogard with a signed letter thanking me for bringing this issue to the attention of WHV and as a token of appreciation, I got a set of BOTH discs from the corrected blu ray set, each in a plastic case. I included pics below. Thanks Sherri and thanks WB! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Ms. Bogard also signed a similar letter I received with my replacement discs. Sherri is the real hero of the BR set and she deserves a raise IMO. It's nice to have a customer service rep who genuinely seems to care about doing her job well.

Atantiabo and darkmarc like this.
  24. Master Kinard

Master Kinard Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2013
    I too received this.

25. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    How bad is this sync issue ? (thinking of buying Season 5 )

Huyang likes this.