main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Most Underrated Star Wars Character

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darklordoftech, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    1) Most certainly. I believe Qui Gon was much wiser and more powerful than the Council acknowledged.

3) Not to mention, she's also allegedly quite skilled with the lughtsaber, and Obi-Wan called her "the most cunning Jedi I've met. She's even taught me a few tricks." (Quote from Wookieepedia).

Seriously, if the Jedi were real and if I were seeking a Master I'd beg her to train me.

FYI I'm not dumping on/putting Aayla down, but Shaak Ti>Aayla Secura.

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

2. thederekens

thederekens Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2013
    Nien Nunb, he did help destroy the Death Star in ROTJ after all, but you don't hear much about him

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Barbecue17 and MOC Yak Face like this.
  3. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    First, I'd like to give a shoutout to Lando. Despite being one of the main characters of the OT, people misinterpret him as a villain from his actions in Empire. From the heroes' perspective, it was betrayal, but at that time, Lando was considering the well-being of the population of Cloud City. Thankfully, ROTJ redeemed him.

Also, Mon Mothma is often overlooked (probably due to limited screen time), despite a massive role behind the scenes of gaining support for the Rebellion. Not only that, but we have another female in the Star Wars universe.

Finally, Ki-Adi Mundi. Just a wise and reflective member of the Council, who also isn't bad with a lightsaber. He also seemed like the one who contributed most to the topic at hand, aside from Mace and Yoda.

4. thederekens

thederekens Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2013
    Oh hell yeah Ki-Adi Mundi was bad ass, I forgot all about him... hence, under rated

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    This in its entirety.

There are two reasons why I believe Watto works so well; 1.) Everyone who worked on him, starting with Rob Coleman, genuinely seemed to love him. Watto wasn't just a task that had to be completed, but a labor of love. 2.) In a film filled with stoic Jedi and somber politicians, he's a little rough around the edges, and most importantly, he's got a personality. In fact, he's more human than most of the actual humans in the film.

6. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I'm going to agree on both Qui-Gon in the PT, and Lando in the OT. At least Lando got a spin-off novel series of his own.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  7. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    Yeah, I can definitely see a nod to Lando here. Such a cool guy that continuously sits right at the top of the B-list, just waiting to join the A's.

Everything Billy D. Williams says in those films is pure gold. In an alternate universe, I would love there to exist a television series detailing the adventures of Lando, Nien Nunb, and Admiral Ackbar. Preferably after ROTJ and spending lots of time focusing on their wacky adventures on Corsucant while all being flatmates.

8. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    Definitely Lando.

Runner up...LOBOT!

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Yeah, I'm a Lando fan too. A lot of people still give him flak for betraying Han Solo, but it really would have been a million times worse if he hadn't. Don't believe me? Read Infinities: The Empire Strikes Back. Think he made the right(ish) choice. At least they could and did get Solo back.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Barbecue17 like this.
  10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    He was a triple agent, friends with Han, betrayed him then betrayed Vader :p

-Jedi Joe- and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  11. IIA_MasterSHenson

IIA_MasterSHenson Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2013
    Underrated: Qui-Gon, Mace
    Overrated: Han, Maul (because of those who don't like TPM but say "maul was super badass" :confused:)

12. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    It's also featured in Brian Daley's script for the TESB radio adaptation.

13. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    I figure a Lando series would be closer to "The Saint", with Lando as a super-cool, galaxy-trotting adventurer righting wrongs that the cops can't.

Sarge likes this.
  14. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    It'd have an awesome 70's funk soundtrack, too. It would just have to!

15. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    I'm thinking more something like John Barry's snazzy theme for "The Persuaders".

16. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    I agree with everyone who is saying it's Qui-Gon.

17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    My OP was extremely impassioned. I actually feel that the most underrated character is Palpatine, who engineered wars amd elections, was Emperor of the Empire, and "created" Vader.

18. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    1) Palpatine- the true supreme evil being (not Vader)
    2) Dooku- a menacing and sympathetic character
    3) Qui-Gon Jinn- the maverick wiseman

19. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    I absolutely agree. I love the Watto character. I actually got my 4-year old cousin to say "No, they WON'TAH!" like Watto does in TPM. :p

Prisic Duskleap likes this.
  20. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen. Think About it, they raised Luke. Luke's morals are a reflection of his upbringing. They accepted and raised a boy given to them by a stranger who told them that the baby was the son of the step brother Owen had only met very briefly and in what is probably the worst circumstances one could ever met a stepbrother in, his mother who has been living with you is missing and has been captured by group that tends to torture captives to death. I won't get in to nature vs nurture because I believe both play a role and thus Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen a underated because without them Luke would not have been the man he became.

mes520, Yanksfan, Sarge and 3 others like this.
  21. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Definitely Qui-Gun Jinn.
    I also think Luke Skywalker is underrated, because people seem to like Maul and Boba Fett more, in general.
    Piett and Ackbar are also underrated. I don't know why, but I like them, and not many seem to.

22. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    The Emperor is not only under-rated by the general public, but hardcore fans as well, I guarantee if you bring up the classic debate of 'most powerful Sith Lord' you'll hear Revan, Bane, Nihilus, Vitiate all far more than you will Sidious, when it's blatantly clear that Sidious is the most powerful of all time, if people refuse to believe the numerous statements in canon that he IS the most powerful, then just compare his own powers to those of anyone else's and you'll get an idea, this guy is the big bad.
    [​IMG]

23. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Oh, yeah.

Yoda, too. :D

24. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    After centuries of Sith scheming to seize control of the galaxy, Sidious holds power for a couple of decades. That's pretty disappointing I reckon. Mark him down as overrated. ;)

Bullhead CIty likes this.
  25. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Evil always is.

Sarge and only one kenobi like this.