main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Things that would make you squee if they turned up in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Dec 4, 2013.

1. BobaFan101

BobaFan101 Jedi Padawan

Dec 3, 2013
    Definitely

Legolas Skywalker likes this.
  2. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    The Empire being cool, feared, and deadly.

Blip likes this.
  3. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Moments of Tarkin and Vader standing around and talking about random things.
    Appearances by Ventress and Bo-Katan.
    Appearances by the Imperial Senate, Mon Mothma, Bail Organa and Leia Organa.
    Signs of dissidence and rebellion to Palpatine's rule within the Senate.
    Alderaan.
    Moments of things like the citizens opposing the Empire, citizens supporting the Empire, citizens opposing the Rebellion, and citizens supporting the Rebellion.
    Anti-Jedi propaganda from the Empire.
    The Empire portraying the rebels as terrorists to the populace.

Sally_Mothma and darklordoftech like this.
  4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

This.

Blip and darklordoftech like this.
  5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd love a reference to the Empire being worse than the Separatists.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    How about a BDZ of an inhabited world?

I mean, bad as that is, it's not as bad as what they'll do later on... Well, actually, what they do later on is about the same as a BDZ in terms of casualties, but worse in psychological effect... it's like the difference between the firebombing of Tokyo or Dresden by thousands of planes dropping HE and incendiaries, and the one-shot annhialations of Hiroshima and Nagasaki by atomic bombs. Tokyo and Dresden had casualties comparable with Hiroshima and Nagasaki... but the psychological impact of the A-bombings was far greater.

So IMHO they could definitely show the Empire running a BDZ. It would be cool to see I think.

TKT, Blip and darklordoftech like this.
  8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd squee if KJA's IG-88 story gets decanonized.

9. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

Yunno, the backstory of Falleen from Shadows of the Empire ("flesh-eating virus escapes from Imperial facility, Vader orders orbital bombardment on planet") happened around the time Rebels is set. I wonder if there's a chance anybody will get that deep into the existing timeline now that GL's not around.

10. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Is that the one in which he hacks the Death Star?

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    yup

12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Second Death Star. Which technically means it would be literally impossible for Rebels to retcon it out of existence. Because Rebels won't be touching anything post-ANH, in all likeliness, let alone post-ESB or ROTJ.

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Rebels could give IG-88 a conflicting backstory or establish that IG-88 has no desire to revolt.

14. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003
    Original versions of the Z-95 Headhunter with swing wings and forked tails.
    Olys Corellisi
    WAC-47, but only if they hire Eddie Deezen to provide the voice for the character.
    COMPNOR, especially the Sub-Adult Group, the Imperial Security Bureau, and CompForce.

15. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    It could be made to work, however–the only way to completely destroy it would be to flat-out say "IG-88 never controlled the Death Star." And doing the bolded part would be pettiness on the level of naming the main ST characters "Jacen Skywalker" and "Ben Solo."

16. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Han Solo as an Imperial cadet. Seeing the incident that brings he and Chewie together and him choosing to walk away from the Empire.

The formation of Red Squadron. How they eventually get the X-wings.

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    This

18. Pakkpekatt

Pakkpekatt Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2013
    Chiss showing up in one arc.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Welcome to the TV forum. :)

I think you'll get some agreement around here on this one...

20. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    The Many Rises and the Many Falls of IG 1 through 87

21. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    If I love all of the main characters' voices. Voice-acting has a big impact with me, and if I hate the voice of a character I hate that character.

Examples of voices I like: Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop, Kevin Conroy's Batman, Mark Hammil's Joker, Vash from Trigun, Snake from Metal Gear Solid, any Jim Cummings work, any James Earl Jones, any David Kieth, and any Nolan North. Oh, and anything Kathryn Mulligan does. Or Jennifer Hale. Or Grey deLisle.

Examples of voices I hate: Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon (almost ruined the entire movie for me.), Pre Visla from TCW, Boba Fett from TCW, and others that I can't think of right now.

One thing that would make me really happy is if Nolan North was the roguish pilot of the Ghost. Just a thought. (thought he was great as Desmond in Assassin's Creed)

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    There was a shortlist of VAs who might be on Rebels posted online some time ago. Steve Blum was one of them. Jim Cummings could always come back as Hondo, though I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a different role whether or not they include Hondo.

Sir Chem likes this.
  23. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    They should get Sam Witwer to do Palpatine. Especially since he's likely to be speaking in his "Sidious voice" much more than his "Palpatine voice" in this timeframe.

Have a listen to this:

Sally_Mothma, Blip and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Sam Witwer has been said so many times in this thread [face_laugh]

25. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    Thanks for the info! I'd love for Steve Blum to be on the show, preferably one of the main characters. And yeah, Jim Cummings is pretty much a staple in, like, everything. I'd be more surprised if he wasn't on the show as someone. Hondo is great, if they decide to bring him back. (Maybe helping the rebels get supplies?)