main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Are they dead? The thing that frustrated me most about The Name of the Doctor is how it just ends on a nonending that doesn't get followed up at all. It just goes right into the next episode without explaining what the hell just happened? Are Strax Vasta and Jenny dead? Are they alive? Are they stuck on Trenzalore? How did the Doctor get Clara out of his time stream? How did Clara forget who John Hurt was in Day of the Doctor despite seeing him the episode before?

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I have been trying to replace the proprietary red-dot reflex sight on my little mini dobsonian telescope. These are generally a pretty universal fit but on this telescope there isn't any brace just a peg the one that came with it screws onto so none of my other sights or finderscropes for aiming fit on it. So I contact the manufacturer Bushnell in regards to a replacement and they sent me a form that straight up wants credit card info with no info on how much the part costs or anything like that. No this doesn't look sketchy at all.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  3. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Because Moffat.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This is funny as hell.

Which Star Wars character are you?

I got R2. So if you are Anakin, Padme, Luke, Lando, Han, Leia or 3PO...just know that I'm programmed to save your ass. And I always know where to find Obi-Wan.

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

Nien Nunb.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

Oh they just have to rub that kiss thing in, don't they? :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Darth Vader for me. :D

9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011

They're not dead.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  10. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013

I also got R2 me too.

11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Another R2 here.

12. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I got Yoda, but since I've never watched a single Breaking Bad episode or Bond movie, my results probably aren't that accurate.

13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I'm not one to care for these types of personality tests, but I took it for fun anyway, despite not being a fan of Bond movies and not having seen Breaking Bad at all; I got R2. I did get Owen Lars (Severus Snape in the HP version) in the Myers Briggs test.

Personally, I think the closest SW character (seen or mentioned in the films only) my personality type fits would be Darth Plagueis; I can relate to that mad-scientist angle, the desire to break something complex down logically and discover nature's well-guarded secrets, like Plagueis desired with the Force. Plus, I do have a desire to extend human lifespan; not quite immortality, but like Plagueis during his final days (perhaps I should watch my back of any future apprentices colleagues), wouldn't it be awesome to slow down or even reverse the aging process through genetic engineering (as opposed to midi-chlorian manipulation)? Of course, people will still die of natural causes, but I can imagine a future where one may not necessarily be able to tell or even estimate a person's true age by merely looking at them. Having a much longer lifespan does open one to seeing far more future possibilities, future advancements.

We are at the cusp of a wonderful age that will likely see many advancements within the century. For example, Moore's Law, which states that computing power doubles every 18 months, will end sometime in the middle of the century, and by then computing power will be so advanced that it could potentially rival the human brain's. Furthermore, miniaturization will ensure that chips can be made cheaply all the way down to the nano-scale. I once stated in this thread that Internet glasses/contact lenses will be available in the future. In the coming decades, such technology can be incorporated into everyday objects that we take for granted such that we will have unparalleled control over our own immediate environment. Both real and virtual reality can then be combined into augmented reality, such that our own everyday lives will be both enriched and made easier. There could be universal translators downloaded to your Internet lenses or electrode implants, and we can also have true 3D TV, i.e. holograms like in Star Wars. By the end of the century, perhaps computers will be so advanced as to be able to read our thoughts (think something like fMRI technology), and even telekinesis. The latter could perhaps be achieved by embedding room-temperature superconductors in objects one uses, which can then be controlled by a magnetic field manipulated solely by our minds (or rather, something like an EEG device or implants in one's head). Then one can say they do have the Force! There are many possibilities, and this is really just scratching the surface.

Haha, I apologize for what was supposed to be a comment about my SW character transforming into a WoT post about the future of medicine and computing. I do tend to get carried away when speaking about my passions...

Here's to the New Year in two days! Anyone have New Year's resolutions?

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Keep getting carried away, I find it interesting. It all sounds something out of science fiction but...so did going to the moon in 1865 when Jules Verne wrote a book about it.

I've been involved with the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network since my aunt and my grandfather both died from it; at the last local event, a doctor talked about nanotechnologies that would actually eat cancer cells. IIRC some tests are being done on mice right now?

New Year's resolutions: laugh as often as possible, and drink wine.

I'd also like to train for a half marathon and get back into doing yoga.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    My smartphone is a pretty sci-fi device when you think about it. I can hijack anything with an IR sensor, start a car with it, 'ask' it what the weather will be like on Saturday, map the stars, find the 20 nearest burger kings, get automatic updates when its time to drive home alerting me to the quickest route with the least traffic, nothing is safe from my camera, manage everything, set all kinds of alarms, then of course all of Google is in my pocket so I can get answers for anything. Point and shoot cameras, Playstation Portables, MP3 players, portable video players, Mifi to connect other devices, TV removes, watches, compasses, netbooks, flashlights. Who needs all that crap. This one device in my pocket does everything.

I've never seen Breaking Bad, don't like social media, haven't seen most of the Bond Films, have many favorite subjects, and all the date ideas suck. Maybe I'm just bitter because I ended up with C3PO.

16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I've also never seen Breaking Bad, and I also don't like social networking sites; I chose Twitter as the least annoying of the options. I like most Bond movies, but the one I voted for was an easy choice compared to the other options (Goldfinger). Somehow, not sure how, I ended up with Darth Vader. I'm fine with that, but how the answers can lead to the characters assigned seems pretty random.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The correct answer for Breaking Bad is Jesse.

And LOL Seerow, I do pretty much everything with my phone as well.

18. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Must've picked facebook.

So I'm saying, that's how we join the dark side...

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The route Star Wars could have taken:

Seerow and Todd the Jedi like this.
  20. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    :p
    But yeah, I agree about Facebook (which I'm not on) and the dark side.

21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Happy New Year. [face_party]Have fun and be safe. Hope everyone has a great 2014.

22. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Happy New Year to LACWAC! May 2014 give us plenty of good episodes of TCW bonus content and Rebels for everyone to watch and discuss to our hearts’ content!

I didn’t make a New Year’s resolution yet, so here it is. There are plenty of things I would love to do in 2014, beginning with:
    • Finding a new job
    • Getting a paper published in a scientific journal
    • Learning more new programming languages, design software
    • Actually trying to meet my fitness goals
    • And finally, continue having a good time partaking in discussions here in SWTV!

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    You mean you weren't having a good time with us before Circular Logic. =b

So my friends in the future on here? How is 2014 looking. Any Zombies outside your doors?

I seem to have gotten stuck watching kids on New Years Eve. My resolution is to move up within the company I work for.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm gonna wish everyone a Happy New Year now while I'm still sober. :p [face_party]

As for a resolution, I'll aim to work out more and keep my body in better shape. Since graduating college I've paid less attention to my health, and I want to rectify that by eating healthier and aiming for a more respectable weight. I figure if I get back into a regular running routine as well as plenty of cardiovascular exercises, then I should be in tip-top shape in no time. :)

25. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

Bon New Year's Everyone! Have a wonderful celebration and may 2014 bring you the very best of fortune!!!!!!!!!!

Goals for 2014 include a publication date of Winter 2014 if possible, becoming a nicer person, getting in shape (which includes not drinking coffee as a meal and getting more than 4 hours of sleep a night), and cementing graduate school applications, referrals, and interviews.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.