main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niel6658

niel6658 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2013
    I have written this plot on other strings on the forum, as well, but this might be the right place. I've removed some EU references from this version.

I believe the seventh installment of the Star Wars saga should be kept in the spirit of the classic trilogy, with a good look at the exciting game "The Old Republic" (incl. trailers)for inspiration. The new episode is rumored to begin approximately 30-35 years after the events in ‘Return Of The Jedi' (ROTJ), which leaves amble room for manouvre.

The best way to continue this great saga is to think out of the box, but still keep the basic concepts of classic Star Wars at the core of the adventures (Sith vs. Jedi). Disney/Lucasfilm should not try to fit the multitude of events from the Expanded Universe into the new movies.

Inspiration from the trailers and plot of "The Old Republic" (SWTOR) game could help to establish the feeling of a Galaxy divided and in turmoil following the events in ROTJ. I basically imagine the Galaxy divided between the Warlords of the Imperial Remnant (30%), the New Republic (30%) and a multitude of neutral independent systems (40%).

The many independent systems of the Galaxy should not be willing to re-unite under any form of central Galactic government after the fall of the Empire. The destruction of the democratic institutions of the Old Republic by Palpatines' New order, should NOT be easily overcome. It could take Jedi-counselors centuries to restore faith in a central Galactic government again.

A shaky armistice (Treaty of Coruscant), between the Imperial Remnant and the New Republic, should be in place at the beginning of the movie. This armistice should have been agreed to by both sides, following almost two decades of intense warfare between them.

The New Republic and the revived Jedi Order is militarily strong, but does not approve of military conquest as a form of expansion. That is why Jedi-counselors are dispatched to all corners of the galaxy, in an effort to sway the many independent neutral systems to slowly re-join a Galactic Republic via trade arrangements and various treaties that ensures FREEDOM & PEACE to all sentient beings.

However, the many force sensitive agents of the late Lord Sidious (Imperial Hands, Guards, Inquisitors and Dark Acolytes) are also being re-united under a new strong Sith leader who deplores the break-up of the once almighty Galactic Empire. This new Sith Master has used the past decades to reform the ways of the ancient Sith Order to bring back LAW & ORDER to the chaotic Galaxy. The Sith Master has changed the ways of the Sith away from the "rule of two", so that the Sith can field substantial numbers to enable them to re-conquer the whole Galaxy and defeat the New Republic and its hated Jedi defenders.

The powerful new Sith Order with its many warriors and agents would force the Imperial warlords of the Deep Core to unite behind them during the first movie (look at the SWTOR trailer "Deceived" for inspiration). Thus turning the Imperial Remnant into a new strong Sith Empire with well-known TIE-fighters (incl. TIE-defenders), Star Destroyers, Stormtroopers, Walkers and Imperial Officers at its disposal.

The Sith Empire would begin expanding into neutral territory militarily and this would bring it into direct confrontation with the New Republic and the Jedi Order. The stage is set for brand new great STAR WARS adventures, battles between good and evil and light sabres ratling...

Dra--- likes this.
  2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    The problem with any sort of Imperial Remnant is that it's been 30 years and most of them were pretty much brainwashed by the Emperor and Vader. If they were really to try and gain power they would already have done so. Thirty years later they are all aging and probably don't care or have died. Think of Japan and Germany 30 years after WWII (that would be the 1970's). Sure Germany was split, but only from a totally different political faction (communism) which wasn't related to the conflict in WWII.

If anything, we could see a military force that had been subdued during the Imperial rule and began to evolved in the years following ROTJ, but wasn't directly related to the rebellion/Empire. In other words, the Empire actually suppressed this force or the defeat over the empire actually allowed this force to grow, but it is not the Empire itself or any remnant of it.

Some say that communism and radical terrorists began to grow in strength and threat in the years following WWII. This is a more reasonable analogy in terms of military threat.

The Sith will still remain, but will find a new "host" to latch onto for galactic supremacy.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    However, look at the OT by itself. The Empire is THE enemy. The fact is, when most people think of Star Wars, they think of the Empire. The absence of the Empire screams "not Star Wars" more than anything else.

4. niel6658

niel6658 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2013
    jedijax. The Imperial Remnant was made up of many Warlords, Imperial Generals, Grand Admirals and Moffs that had enormous military resources at their disposal and had Whole sectors to rule as small Empires. The Rebels didn't win control over the whole Galaxy by killing of the Emperor. They only removed the last part of central Galactic governent, the rest had been swept away by Palpatine's decision to dissolve the Senate.

The New Republic/Alliance wouldn't have the resources to defeat the Imperial Warlords militarily and opted to sign a truce following decades of warfare between the two sides.

BTW. It shouldn't be the old Warlords of the Empire that challenges the New Republic, it would be the Force sensitive agents of the former Emperor, which should have been united and trained in the dark arts by a new Sith master along with new young apprentices to form a new strong Sith Order. Just like Luke trains a new Jedi Order.

5. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    This is how I see logic taking the galaxy, post-Empire:

With the Empire gone, the Republic isn't just going to reform, that's too simplistic. There will be a power vacuum, some star systems will become more nationalistic and militarised, others will form alliances. Over-bearing organisations like 'The Republic' and the Jedi Council will not be welcome because they had too much power in their previous guises.

I imagine the Rebellion became a forum and organisation for mediation, whilst retaining military capabilities, so kind of like a UN for the galaxy. I think in the 30-so years between episodes 6 and 7, there hasn't been any major conflict throughout the galaxy. There has just been some skirmishes with Imperial remnants as well as localised wars about local issues - certainly nothing big enough for Luke and his new Jedi, or the 'UN' to get involved in.

The new Jedi order will be nothing like the PT Jedi. Most will be unknown, lone practitioners, devoted to their knowledge of the force and acting in its best interests rather than that of any governments. Most of them will act as local scholars and noble men - people go to them for guidance and advice. Jedi Knights are much more high profile, they have military careers and are aligned to peaceful governments. They intervene in large scale confrontations and actively search out those that exploit the force (potential Sith).

--------

So, with all this in mind, where is the antagonist and what is the cause that Luke, Leia and Han (and their family and contemporaries) have to fight for? What could possibly be more threatening than a Sith-lead Empire that has almost dominant military control and the ability to destroy planets? With such a disparate galaxy, there are no clear good guys and bad guys. Logically, to make the story epic enough to compete with the original trilogy and I would go with something that mirrors the all out total war that would have occurred had the Cold War escalated in to nuclear war. I think the galaxy needs to have formed in to two main factions (like NATO vs Warsaw Pact) as well as independent systems.

The story itself needs to be much more personal than the prequel trilogy was. That attempted to show a massive, galaxy-scale war at full tilt. That's just too much to take in and to the viewer, means nothing but special effects. So what we need to see is how this war affects the main characters - Luke and his offspring taking the lead roles. It needs to get down and dirty, interesting story lines set against the background of this massive war, ultimately getting to the heart of it - and that culminates in the final battles in Episode 9.

The Sith have to return at some point. I say this reluctantly because the PT and OT was about the ultimate destruction of the Sith as a threat. To reintroduce them only a few decades later as THE main threat cheapens to whole 'prophecy' arc. But, they do have to return. Star Wars needs intelligent enemies that can take on Jedi, and at the end of the day, Sith are just people who are seduced by the dark side of the force. The new Jedi Knights try to suppress this, but in such a huge galaxy, it would be impossible. The new Sith threat isn't interested in galactic domination, no more than the Jedi want to influence a galactic government. They just want domination of the force - that means renewing battle with the Jedi. No massive conspiracy like Sidious had, just individual warriors who embrace the ancient arts. It's a face off between Jedi and Sith. The galaxy is a side show. The two major story lines converge by episode 9.

Now I'm too tired to continue...

Dra--- likes this.
  6. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    I think we will see more of the same plot lines we have seen before:
    • Good guy becomes bad
    • Young kid and his buddies change the universe
    Any ideas posted here that are centered around a group or government ain't gonna happen. You can't sell government action figures. Trade Federations suck. Galactic Senates suck.

So... my guess is that we will see a betrayal of sorts and then a redemption in the Jedi/Sith. I'm betting principal characters will be Skywalker and Solo children. It would be a pleasant surprise if it's a different plot.

Darth_Pevra, Dra--- and Darth Punk like this.
  7. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    But there has to be a personal journey for the new hero/heroine. There has to be something personal and intimate that they are struggling for or against.

And the Empire simply had control and had to deal with the rebellion. The new enemy could be on a total destructive path that relies on all hatred in the galaxy. I would also like to see a personal issue between whoever the new enemy is and the heroes we've come to love for the past 30 years. Somehow, in some way, the enemy should desire to seek revenge against one or more of Han, Leia, and Luke. Palpatine was too comfortable and arrogant to see his own fall coming. The new enemy should not be so blind, but their desire to completely wipe out the opposition so quickly could be its down fall.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The quest to reach the very Star Warsy sounding planet Maguffin.

9. The Shrike

The Shrike Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    My first thought here was Mandalorians.

Dra--- likes this.
  10. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    That's where I was leaning with the military force described. Certainly doesn't have to be them, but there were rumors that the Mandalorians would be important in TPM but never developed.

The stormtroopers armor seemed to be based on Mandalorian concepts. Jango and Boba's armor is supposedly Mandalorian and the clones were based off of Jango. Seems fitting that the Emperor had connections with the Mandalorians. Could be that the Mandy's were once allied with the Empire but after its fall, the Mandy's were treated as war criminals, dissed by the newly forming Republic and pretty much left to starve and suffer. Thirty years of in-fighting led to a split culture where war-hungry factions, resorting to terrorism/piracy, wanting revenge over the new Republic and to claim what the Empire once provided them in return for military gear and weaponry. Throw into the hat the desire to take over all of the clone facilities to make an army of their own (possibly with a new connection to a new Sith in order to create an army that is also Force sensitive) and you have the makings for a great new enemy that is also tied closely to the Empire.

You can even jump the shark and have a surprise visit from Boba Fett who was pulled from the Sarlaac Pit by Mandalorian pirates on some sort of scavenging mission for resources. He could even have become revered as the underground leader who just happens to also want his own revenge against Han, Leia, and Luke (while also seeking the Falcon).

BUT, whatever angle is taken, the real enemy will inevitably be someone extremely strong in the dark side of the Force who is running things on the side, waiting for the right moment to come into full force.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    How about the reverse? That is, somebody who's strong in the dark side is a pawn of a non-Force-user.

12. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    The More I think about it the more I would like to see the Thrawn Trilogy come to the Big Screen.

With Benedict Cumberbatch as Admiral Thrawn, Sir Ian McKellen as Captain Pellaeon ,Jeff Bridges as Jedi Master C'Baoth, Gerard Butler as Talon Karrde and Julianne Moore as Mara Jade.

This movie would rock!

13. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Whats with the obsession with Benedict around here? feel im missing something. And no thanks on last two

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    He was in an Abrams movie and he looks like a Muun.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ...and is a genre favorite who gets recommended for everything.

16. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Ah, Well i haven't seen Star trek....Ever. He was good as smaug i suppose

17. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Episode 7.

Fil Beddo is a freighter pilot living in the Mos Eisley Valley. He lives in a small dewlling, with a space Monkey named Clyde, behind that of his friend Orville Biggs and his mother. Fil makes money on the side as a bare-knuckle fighter. He is often compared to legendary local fighter Hank Tank
    One night Fil becomes smitten with Lin HalsTaylrr, an aspiring singer he meets at the Mos Eilsey Cantina. His relationship with her seems to be going well until one day she and her speeder disappear from the trailer park. Believing that he is falling for her, Fil decides to set off for Lin's home on Yavin.
    Along the way, he has a run-in with a space motorcycle gang called "The Black Window", who incur Fil's wrath after two gang members insult him and Clyde at a hyperspace traffic light. Fil chases them down and takes their bikes (which he repaints, repairs, and resells), and every attempt they make to get even results in disaster. Fil also incurs the wrath of Dantooine cop named Put-Nam, with whom he gets into a fight at the Palomino. Both the officer and the Widows learn of Fil's trip to Yavin and head off to find him.
    Orville and Clyde accompany Fil to Yavin, and on the way, they meet a woman named Echo who becomes Orville's girlfriend. They earn money along the way by booking fights for Fil. After a fight in a slaughterhouse, the man holding the money tries to stiff Fil. Echo fires two shots from a blaster, and the man hands over the money.
    Knowing that Fil has come to look for her, Lin helps the Black Widows lure him into a trap. Fil sees Lin and attempts to talk to her, but finds himself surrounded by the Widows. He manages to fight most of them until Orville intervenes. Using a space garbage truck with a dumpster hoist, he dumps all the motorcycles into the back of the truck. The Widows charge the garbage truck, but Orville gets away. Fil, Echo, and Orville then escape.
    Fil finally finds Lin and she reveals her true nature to him - that of a fallen Jedi. Hurt by her callousness, Fil says that he is the only one dumb enough to want to take her further than her bed. Lin erupts in a fit of force rage, striking him repeatedly until she collapses in tears.

Orville learns that Hank Tank, based in the area, is ready to retire after one more fight. Orville makes the arrangements, and Fil faces his elderly nemesis. During the fight, the crowd, initially pro-Tank, begins to insult him, with some murmurs that Fil is going to be the next Tank. Fil lets his guard down, intentionally giving Tank a clear shot, knocking Fil down for the count. Tank, having regained the crowd's esteem, is allowed to retire undefeated. But then, at the last minute, Fil reveals himself as a Sith Lord and strikes the Tank down, before going back to Lins space dwelling and killing her with his trusty lightsaber.

18. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    Shortly after the destruction of the second Death Star and the Emperor, the Force begins to fade away from the Galaxy. Luke takes the few Jedi that posses the power and travel to new and far off worlds looking for answers.

Several years later, near the outer rim, pestilence and disease begin to devour a small number of planets while fire, weather and (un)natural disasters consume others. Out of apples and no where else to go, Thomas and Rachel join the Galaxy's Salvation Army to help out on the infected planets. After arriving, it is discover that the mere presence of the two beings begin to negate and control the plagues. The two abandoned partners travel the infected planets, curing them as they move from one location to another, while looking for who or what is responsible.

19. The Shrike

The Shrike Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012

Olivia, or the guys with the big heads?

20. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    An innovative concept. I actually can't think of an instance like that in the films or even the EU at all. Interesting idea.

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    He's been good in just about everything he's done. The guy is a great actor!

22. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I agree. I'm not obsessing over it, but I would have no objections to seeing him in Star Wars.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Olivia ;)

24. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    The only objection I have to seeing him in Star Wars is the sum total of everything else we're seeing him in. I'm not putting him down, mostly because I like the work he's doing as Sherlock Holmes but there is such a thing as overexposure. You keep getting/expecting a great performance out of someone and sooner or later you're bound to be disappointed

If she can get time away from Elementary, I'd like to see Lucy Liu play a not quite so over-the-top version of the character she played in Kill Bill. Maybe a Black Sun arch-criminal type.

25. Airseven

Airseven Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2013
    So many plot ideas are just rehashes of previous SW installments or re-imaginings of the EU stories. I don't understand why people want or expect the SW story to continue in a cycle. Here's hoping that a multitude of significant events have occurred since ROTJ and the new film has a fresh take on the galaxy.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.