main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I bought both series! Watching last episode tomorrow. Cumberbatch would make a great Admiral Thrawn!

[​IMG]

I Am Thrawn!

2. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    When I heard that Cumberbatch may be up for a villain role --- I thought he would be a great choice. I have seen his Sherlock which I think is brillant. And I liked him as Khan in the new Trek. He shows a nice diversity in his acting and his answers in interviews --- lead me to believe that he is at least being considered for a SW role in Ep7.

Darth Punk likes this.
  3. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Wanna see me piss off a ton of people?

Johnny Lee Miller's Sherlock > Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock.
    Not kidding.

4. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Why would your opinion make a bunch of us mad? A lot of very good actors have played the role.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Wanna see me p!$$ of the internets...

Robert Downey Jr.'s Sherlock > everyone else's. Guy Ritchie ftw!

JediGirl_Angelina and Odolwa like this.
  6. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

A lot of BC Sherlock fans find that opinion to be sacrilege - I'm of course being a little tongue in cheek about just how much. I respect BC as an actor for doing his research and making Sherlock totally Asperger's (because Doyle was,) but I don't particularly think it makes the best Sherlock. That said, if he's in SW, I'm sure he'll be great.

7. VesperBleu

VesperBleu Jedi Knight

Oct 5, 2013

Well, I'm both BC's and BBC Sherlock's massive fan and after watching Elementary's first season I loved Miller's performance. As I loved RDJ's in Guy Ritchie films. I'm not saying BC's the best Sherlock Holmes out there, because it is a highly disputable claim, but he's excellent in the role and it's no wonder it propelled him into proper stardom.

My only problem with Elementary and Guy Ritchie movies is that the first feels too American and the second too Hollywood to me, which is a highly irrational impression, granted, but it is what it is. I am a massive Anglophile (I'm not British) and especially love BBC TV output, so that's why I skew more towards Sherlock, which doesn't mean I automatically dismiss other versions of this classic story. But there are such fans out there, I hope they grow out of it.

BC would make a great villain in SW (Thrawn is a great suggestion!), but I'd rather see him as a goodie Jedi. One of Luke's first apprentices who's now leading the Order, maybe? (the 30-something male from the casting call?)

TKT and JediWheelz like this.
  8. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    He does a mean R Kelly too:

Gemma and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  9. EffieGray

EffieGray Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 25, 2013

I don't care who/what anyone else likes, but I've quite surprised myself at how much I have been looking forward to Sherlock's return! I have just been doing a rewatch in anticipation, and it's just SO witty and clever. And the performances are all just so brilliant, with little surprising moments that still seem to catch you unawares, even though you might have just watched that same scene 3 times over to appreciate being "surprised" again. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

And it's actually now back tomorrow! Genuinely actually back TOMORROW! Can't wait! But how insane is it that I am effectively wishing away New Years Eve (which I love) in favour of a television programme on New Year's Day?

Echo-07 and VesperBleu like this.
  10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Is this the "I love Sherlock" thread or the SW casting rumors thread?

Immortiss and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  11. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

Every thread is about a different movie until we get the slightest scrap of news. Didn't you get the memo?

12. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Any more goofy EpVII audition tapes/video?

13. EffieGray

EffieGray Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 25, 2013

Well, the Benedict is still theoretically in the frame for E7, although I have rather taken to thinking it unlikely now. But if not him, couldn't they please find space for Mark Gatiss? He'd be a wonderful addition!

14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I'd like to see Michael Praed play an older military type.

Jeff Vader likes this.
  15. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    A new rumor, which may shed light, on when we will get casting.

[​IMG]
    Ali Arikan@aliarikan
    2h

Latest rumour is Star Wars will start filming on April 22. Word was shooting would begin in May; that's the first exact date going around.

Expand

16. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    IF the rumor is true, then I'm guessing January (which starts tomorrow!). That's when the final script will be turned in and that's when we got the big announcement last January when JJ was announced as director. If shooting starts in less than 4 months, actors will need to start training ASAP.

17. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Wasn't that jan 25th?

18. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Yup.

19. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    So we have a new hope for some info soon... (sorry, couldn't resist)

20. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
  21. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Last I heard, I think it was May (possibly late may) so if the 22nd is accurate that's a good sign.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  22. CaptainMorgan2013

CaptainMorgan2013 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    To quote OB1:

"That's good news!"

23. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Maybe they'll give us a good April Fools joke then just before filming begins :p ... followed by the first behind the scenes pics/vids May the Fourth... [face_party]

[face_praying]

24. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    I would rather see Daniel Day Lewis as Thrawn than Cumberbatch

darkmarc likes this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The year of Star Wars begins in a few hours. Casting news, Star Wars: Rebels and the start of filming of a whole new Episode in just a few months. Very exciting times! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.