main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST which film will have the honor of episode vii's first trailer

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Loudly, Jan 1, 2014.

?

well?

1. The Hobbit: There and Back Again

22.1%
  2. The Avengers: Age of Ultron

51.2%
  3. other marvel film

11.6%
  4. other disney film (non-marvel)

9.3%
  5. just another film period

5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    No way Disney will wait until Age of Ultron to market Episode VII IMO. There and Back Again seems likely and I could see them putting it in front of Guardians, even if it is a bit early.

2. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    My guess is the first "movie" to have a trailer for Episode VII will be the third Hobbit film which will be a teaser and then a full blown trailer in front of Avengers 2. But I'm also guessing Disney will have the teaser during an episode of Star Wars Rebels to help boost it's ratings before attaching it to a movie. If they do that I wonder if TOS bring back Hyperspace and have it for members only for a time before it's in theaters.

3. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    I agree, it's been said that Marvel and Disney were gambling with GOTG, which I doubt will fail anyway and if they really feel that way, they could just slap on a teaser which could made by a freshman film student just to draw audiences.

For the theatrical trailer, I'd imagine they could use Avengers 2, but for the teaser, I'd suspect earlier.

4. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Well whatever film it is, expect a lot of people to be walking out of the theatre before the film starts :)

SkywalkerSquadron likes this.
  5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Not necessarily true. We know Episode VII is a movie to look out for in 2015, but saying "highest anticipated films" is pretty subjective.

6. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    The Internet. This is 2014 right?

Immortiss likes this.
  7. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    I don't think anyone is actually gonna watch that movie....

Echo-07 likes this.
  8. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I think that it will do very well. When I first found out about it, I thought that it would be horrible. However, the more I learn about it and the more that I see from it, the more I am hoping to see it. I also think that it is prime to be boosted by an Episode 7 trailer. Either way, if you are right, then I will have my choice of seats when it comes out.

9. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Thank you! Then I will say April with Winter Soldier Disney will release a runor that the first teaser trailer will be attached.

1- The first teaser for the 2009 Trel reboot came out 2 months after production began.
    2- Disney will want to boost ticket sales for a movie that may be soft since the 1st Captain America was not that well-liked (although I think it was one of the better Marvel movies.)

IF Disney were to do this I would definitely go to see it, but then I'll probably go to any movie that the teaser is attached to. :p

10. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    The film that has the honoUr of showing the trailer will be Incredibles 2

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This was my thinking too. Avengers 2 will be too late for a first trailer. Hobbit TABA seems more likely, even if it is just a teaser that doesn't give too much away. Plus, I voted for that because I know I'll be seeing TABA in the theater. :p

Revanfan1 and TheTwinSuns like this.
  12. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    We should be so lucky to even get an Incredibles 2.

13. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I WANT the teaser to be on Winter Soldier because that movie looks BADASS and I will be seeing it! :p

14. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012

Agreed. Then they can use SWE7 to start trailers for Marvel Phase 3.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    While viewing the first trailer for Episode VII during the opening phase of The Hobbit: There and Back Again would be a swell concept, for some reason I have doubts on whether or not that would ever happen. Imo it'd be more realistic for The Avengers: Age of Ultron to showcase the debut trailer, being that Marvel is such a valuable commodity to the company nowadays 'n all, and Avengers is more than likely to garner the most significant box-office success. So yeah, I'm going with Age of Ultron on this one.

16. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Okay, I don't know why you guys are saying Avengers 2??? Avengers 2 opens in 2015. I would expect a teaser (which is the first trailer IMO) and a full trailer long before summer 2015.

17. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004

The first teasers for all three of the prequels were in November, six months before the movies were released. So it isn't unreasonable to expect something similar for Episode VII. What comes out in June 2015?

son_of_skywalker03 likes this.
  18. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Another reason I think the teaser will be released a year ahead of release is because of the patterns of recent blockbusters. TDKR- one year in advance, The Hobbit AUJ- One year in advance, Interstellar- one year in advance. Not only that, but shooting should be wrapped up well before December. Also, this isn't 2002 or 2005 anymore. Disney won't wait until 6 months before the movie to release the teaser to perhaps one of the most hyped movies of all time. Marvel doesn't need to do this because their solo movies basically are the teaser for the next big team up. There will be a trailer in front of Age of Ultron. But it will be the full trailer. There and Back Again will be home to the first teaser, at least in my opinion.

Echo-07 likes this.
  19. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I think they will come out with a quick teaser during the 2015 Super Bowl, and then a full trailer with Avengers: Age Of Ultron.

20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Same here. I'm already giddy to see TABA; the VII trailer or teaser would be the second layer on a double-decker cake. :cool:

EHT likes this.
  21. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Avengers: AOU comes out May 1? Over 7 1/2 months before Ep VII and that's when you think we'll get the full trailer? Just seems a bit early to me.

22. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    It will definitely be a Disney owned movie, likely a live action one, and they'll want it to be a movie a lot of people will see.

That basically garuntees Ultron.

son_of_skywalker03 likes this.
  23. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    We could have a teaser as early as Interstellar in November 2014. That's Christopher Nolan's next epic. We might see a teaser during the Superbowl.

My guess for the first trailer is Age of Ultron.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    What if they blow are minds and release a small announcement trailer ala Age of Ultron and Star Trek 2009 during this Super Bowl? That would be a pretty easy (although expensive :p) way to get the hype train rolling for the year of Star Wars!

25. Spam Bot

Spam Bot Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 16, 2012
    I'm going with AoU, but let's face it; almost 100% of us here will watch it on YouTube first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.