main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST 2014 "The Year of Star Wars" (Poll-a-licious)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Echo-07, Jan 1, 2014.

?

WHAT WILL BE THE FIRST OFFICIAL EPISODE VII ANNOUNCEMENT OF 2014?

1. The role reprisals by the BIG 3

17 vote(s)
    21.0%
  2. Full casting aside from the BIG 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Full casting including the BIG 3

17 vote(s)
    21.0%
  4. Anthony Daniels / Peter Mayhew

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  5. "Tom" and "Rachel" found

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. Official production start date

16 vote(s)
    19.8%
  7. Script finished

25 vote(s)
    30.9%
  8. Teaser trailer/poster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Locations (IE New Mexico, Tunisia etc . . .)

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  10. Millennium Falcon set built

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Happy 2014!

Kathleen Kennedy said last year that 2014 would be "the year of Star Wars." 2013 provided very little by way of announcements. We only got the bare bones -- D-Day Disney sale, Arndt as writer, JJ as director, John Williams coming back! R2-D2!!! Release date of December 18th, 2015 -- still awaiting the countdown clock mods. ;)

But now as 2014 rolls in we're less than two full years from the release date. Being the first day of the year of Star Wars I ask the esteemed members of the board, and the rogues and scoundrels too, WHAT WILL BE THE FIRST OFFICIAL EPISODE VII ANNOUNCEMENT OF 2014?

(Not what you want but what you think will happen given where we are in pre-production and what we already know. IF you think it's none of these choices then specify what you suspect will be announced.)

Immortiss, Ryus and SkywalkerSquadron like this.
  2. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I'm guessing, going by Disneys statements, well get news of an official production date/finished script by the end of the month.

If you're expecting the big 3 to be the first thing revealed... well more power to ya, but I just don't see that happening so soon. I'm actually kinda hoping they'll keep us on pins and needles until a big uncovering of the film at comicon.

Dewback, Immortiss, Ryus and 2 others like this.
  3. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    I jut want news now DAMN IT!!!! Sorry sorry it just I hate these types of waiting :(

Immortiss, Ryus and Echo-07 like this.
  4. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    Happy New Star Wars Year! [face_party]

I don't expect a whole lot of info, even though they called it the year of Star Wars. I expect them to stick to their formula of releasing as little as they possibly can, but of course that bare minimum will be more than last year and they'll consider that being generous. That said, my guess is finished script announcement but who knows...

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I know it didn't seem like we had a lot of announcements last year because we went through so many long droughts of nothing but when you look at everything they told us it's actually a decent amount of info: Screenwriters, director, almost the entire crew, casting calls, John Williams, the first returning character, the date they expect the script to be finished, release date. Really all we're missing now is the cast and that should be announced in the coming months. As for the first announcement of 2014 I voted the reveal of the Big 3 but that might be wishful thinking on my part. I think it's more likely we'll get the official date for the start of filming.

Dewback, Immortiss, Ryus and 3 others like this.
  6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I think they are delaying the announcement of the cast to keep up interest, and keep people glued to the situation for as long as possible. Good timing would optimize the response at the box office and toy store, so they probably are going to try to peak interest around the time of the release by building anticipation with calculated releases of info and trailers.

Immortiss and Ryus like this.
  7. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I'm thinking the next announcement will be a finished script. There were several rumors that the script would be finished in January (and a thread here about it not that long ago), and it's January now, so hopefully the announcement will be soon.

8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think casting of "Tom" and "Rachel" will be the first announcement.

9. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    It's January 1st. KK said this would be the year of Star Wars. Well? WHERE IS IT?!?

10. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    C'mon KK, what's going on with JJ? So far all we gots is D-Day.

11. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Either script finished or casting announcement.

12. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Gotta be that the script is finished, but I really hope we get something else this month.

mes520, Immortiss, Ryus and 1 other person like this.
  13. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    1. Script Finished
    2. Start date of Filming
    3. Big 3 announced with 3 other big castings
    4. All cast announced
    5. Title announced 18th December

14. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    I think by the end of the month we'll get a start of filming date/script finished and the first casting all in one announcement. This should also be the heaviest rumor month.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    And I'll be the one who starts it off. I've heard Darth Vader wants a role. JJ refused at first but soon realized it was pointless to resist.

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Major progress on the script, with the entire writing team agreeing on the color of a particular R2 unit in the background of one scene.

TKT, Immortiss, Ryus and 1 other person like this.
  17. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I think it's entirely possible that they'll finalize casting the major roles before finishing the script, but it just makes more sense to announce that you actually have a script and then announce the cast, so I think they'll hold off on announcing anything on that front until it's finished.

I'd say chris hayes is porbably spot on.

18. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Start of production (i.e. filming) seems the most likely to me. It's rare to hear announcements regarding the completion of a script, since so much can change even after the script is turned in. It might get a passing mention as part of a bigger update or interview with JJ Abrams.

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I went with a production start date simply because they don't necessarily need a completed script to start shooting, as ESB and ROTJ revealed.

20. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    2014 is here! Bring on the Star Wars Disney!
    [face_waiting]

21. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    You make a great point -- it is rare. However, I suggested it because of all the nerd-nets rage over the whole "Arndt out, JJ and Kasdan now writing" non-news announcement. Disney/LFL might do this if nothing else but to qualm fears and loathing. But you're right, rarely announced.

Not only do they NOT need a finished script but the script will probably be tweaked during the entire production. Rarely is a script ever shot word-for-word as it is written.

Immortiss and Ryus like this.
  22. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    The first offical announcement about episode VII this year will be the same as last year when some Disney exec randomly states they still expect to make tons of money from it... this assuming some random Disney exec hasn't already publically stated this somewhere already this year. :p

As to news actually about details of the film rather just about it, I expect something about the script getting finished (not a normal announcement to make about a fim but one Disney in this case may confirm to ease fear of script problems due to change of writers in Oct) or production start date this month... though my hope is we get some casting news beyond R2-D2 asap which to me translates as some casting revealed by end of Feb at the latest (expect big 3, other returning cast, and maybe a few new cast memebers to be announced soonish with full casting happening over the next month or two after that, "Rachel" and "Tom" casting may get a special annoucment if some random walk in wins the role vs a more know actor/actress who didn't just walk in.) Of course other behind the scenes crew news may be announced first or filming locations since there is always something more to announce behind the scenes but as stated prior a finished script and/or production start date seems most logical since both have been heavly rumored as the next big news.... though this is Star Wars so I suppose I should say script/start date feels right vs being logical conclussion... 8-}

Edit: sees Echo-07 liked just about every post... I personally agree liking all the posts on a prediction thread keeps things more in a good spirit vs who's idea his best so I'll follow suit... likes for everybody!

Echo-07 and Immortiss like this.
  23. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I said finished script, simply because the last announcement stated the script will be finished this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Echo-07 and Ryus like this.
  24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Me too, for the same reason.

Echo-07, Ryus and Immortiss like this.
  25. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I don't think they will make an announcement just to say the script is finished. I'm thinking they'll make some big announcement, maybe about the cast, and buried in the text will be the start date for filming and the fact that the script by Abrams and Kasdan is complete, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.