main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Literature member interviews

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    From what I have seen I generally prefer The Clone Wars to the previous Clone Wars multimedia project. Star Wars is originally a film franchise, and television is a natural extension from film when talented people are involved. The original Clone Wars EU is too hit or miss for me to get up in arms. I'll gladly lose the faux intellectualism of Dark Rendezvous or the terrible of Jedi Trial.

16). The bits and pieces I've seen would lead me to buy the RiffTrax version.

COMPNOR likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Sniper_Wolf 17. If you could choose one Force power to have IRL, which one would it be and why?

18. If time travel were possible, what is the one period of time/year/specific event you would want to travel to most?

3. Sniper_Wolf

Nov 26, 2002
    Speed. I'm a former long distance runner so going fast appeals to me.

American Civil War. Watch my area of study unfold.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Sniper_Wolf 19. What are some of your favorite foods and beverages?

20. What's the funniest thing you've ever seen/done?

5. Sniper_Wolf

Nov 26, 2002
    19). I used to have an unhealthy love of Taco Bell. I made my mom drive into downtown Kansas City at midnight to find an open one after I came back from Australia.

Poutine, the only real way to eat french fries.

Chocolate no-bake cookies, a staple of the united Houses of Lawrence and O'Rear.

Wheat pizza, of which you can never return to the standard half frozen crap.

Huge fat cheeseburgers with jalapenos, bacon, and hot sauce.

During my drinking days I consumed around half a gallon of warm gin daily, straight. No substitutes. No one stole it from parties, I always had DVD cleaner on me, and I felt unique in my grand march to killing myself. Hopefully I can cut the cigarettes out soon. Two packs Marlboro red 100s soft pack daily plus matches. Lighters are for crack heads.

20). Watching movies of yourself drunk is a great way to get off the drink. Barely audible Franglais howling, reading Heir to the Empire to a compatriot playing the cello, a boot slapping me in the head, and so on. I'm sure someone here will appreciate me getting punched in the mouth. [face_beatup]

6. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    And that's the end of the interview! Give a hand for Sniper_Wolf. =D= We'll return next year with krtmd.

In the meantime, the floor is now open for anyone else to ask Sniper any questions.

krtmd likes this.
  7. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003
    Sniper_Wolf, I have 2 questions:

1) What are you? An Army of the Potomac, Army of the Cumberland, or Army of the Tennessee kind of guy;

2) What are 10 lousy songs you would burn onto a CD and mail to Todd the Jedi for his listening pleasure?

8. Sniper_Wolf

Nov 26, 2002
    My ancestors were Army of Northern Virginia. That said, my professor was keen on pointing out how the Lost Cause devalued the abilities of Grant.

A random mix of the Bieb, Kesha, and me puking

9. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003
    Sniper_Wolf, do you know which regiment(s) your ancestors served with? Mine was in the 3rd Maryland, XII Army Corps, and it would be interesting to see if they faced each other in battle.

10. Sniper_Wolf

Nov 26, 2002
    Most of my stuff is still in Kansas. I'll have to look it up later.

11. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Alright, it's time for our next subject, krtmd! [face_party]

1. Tell us about your username, why you chose it, what it means, etc. And what is the best way to address you?

2. What made you sign up for the Jedi Council Forums? Do you post on any other forums?

12. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    1. Oh dear. My user name is such a sad sad story. It's my initials (krt) and the state from which I hail (Maryland - just outside DC). I picked it years ago when I signed up for some forum where you had to be a member to read. (I think I was looking for ER spoilers, of all things.) Anyway, I began to use it here and there where I needed a log in, and because I didn't expect to start posting, having a better screen name didn't seem to matter. Until I started talking at one site, and couldn't shut up. I do believe in consistency, so I use it everywhere. If I knew then what I know now... Anyway, "krt" or the full thing is fine. Or you can call me the "karate doctor". ;)

2. I stumbled upon the JCF during the Temp Forums and lurked for a while. I had just come back to the EU and had been reading the NJO, and was wondering what people were talking about in the world of SW lit. When the rebooted Forums came online, I decided to take the plunge. It was nice and quiet until the Disney sale was announced about 6 weeks later. I do post on other forums - Westeros.org, some discussion threads at amazon.com, and most notably, the now shuttered Sookieverseblog, where I was a forum moderator and blog contributor.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The old TV show? They had forums for that back then?? Wow.

14. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Yes. I was looking for casting sides, to read for spoilers about my ship. Carter and Abby. *sigh*

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The site wasn't NOERF, was it? (not an official question, don't bite me!)

16. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    No, I don't think so. TBH, I'm not sure I can recall the site name now.

17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    krtmd 3. Where are you from? What are some of the best parts about where you live?

4. What other franchises do you like besides SW and which are you most passionate about?

18. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012

3. I was born in Cincinnati, Ohio (midwestern US) but my step-father worked for duPont, which can be a little like the military in terms of frequent moving. I've been in the Washington, DC area since 1994 - the longest I've lived anywhere, so I suppose this is home. DC was a sleepy government town in the 90s, but the area has really grown. Best parts - the Smithsonian museums, mild winters (although not today), hot summers, cultural activities, shopping, restaurants, the Washington Nationals, the Georgetown Hoyas basketball team, and clean public transit.

4. I'm a huge ASoIaF fan, and it's kind of taken over my life at the moment. I've been reading the books since before the tv series, but a recent series re-read has really made me anxious for the next book. My teenage son is reading the series, and I'm enjoying the discussions we're having. I like GoT, but I find more and more that I'm a book purist. I can enjoy the series for what it is, but I'll always be nit-picking what I think they're getting wrong in the adaptation. As I mentioned, I was a part of the Sookieverseblog community, which was dedicated to the Sookie Stackhouse novels, and at one time, the show True Blood. Unfortunately, the book series ended in an epically disappointing way, and I can't really discuss the mess the show turned out to be without feeling embarrassed that I ever enjoyed it. Suffice to say, being disappointed by books you love is not unique to the EU.

19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    krtmd 5. Tell us how you become a Star Wars fan, and SW lit in particular.

6. What do you do for a living? Is it your ideal profession, or would you rather be doing something else?

20. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012

5. I was 8 years old the summer of 1977. I'm sure there are people who saw ANH in 1977 (when it was still just Star Wars) and didn't walk away a SW fan, but I've never met one. It was like a cultural bomb went off. As for SW lit, I read my boyfriend's copy of TTT in the early 90s and felt satisfied. The OT characters I loved seemed to be building a happy life post ROTJ, and I felt closure. When the SEs came out, I made sure to ask for the VHS box set for Xmas, which I had and loved until they were destroyed in a house fire in 2003. I didn't really have much interest in the PT, but I've since watched them many times with my kids. I have no interest in the CW, mainly because I sat through the film in the theater and thought I might slit my wrists. I hear the show might be better, but the damage was done for me.

And then I picked up COPL on a whim about 3 years ago - that Kindle app on my iPad is really to blame - and my new adventure in the EU took off. I've read almost all of the post-ROTJ EU. I know this disappoints so many of you who read all the different eras, but these are the characters I care about, and the other stuff just doesn't interest me too much.

6. I'm currently a stay-at-home mom with 3 kids (13, 11, and 4). In my previous life, I was a visual merchandiser for a major independent urban retailer. I'm not sure what my ideal profession would be, but my BS degree in Psychology didn't really prepare me for much but more school.

21. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    krtmd 7. What places have you traveled too? Any favorite locations?

8. What are your favorite non-SW TV shows/movies?

22. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012

7. A lot of the US, with the exception of the plains states. I've driven cross-country from VA to CA and back again. We spend every summer in Maine and NH. I used to travel quite a bit for work, and have visited lots of major metropolitan areas in the US - NYC, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, LA, Philly, Portland, OR. I've traveled quite a bit in the UK - England and Scotland - and Europe - Germany, France, the Netherlands, Belgium. Also, I lived briefly in Melbourne Australia in the early 90s. During that time, I visited Hawaii, Singapore, Sydney, and spent one memorable evening in the Auckland airport. I love New England and relish our time there each summer. I would love to take my kids almost anywhere in Europe or Australia. My husband and I have a fantasy of taking our kids out west - sometime when the little one can appreciate it but before the oldest leaves home.

8. I love movies - too many to list here, but a few favorites would be: Goodfellas, Fight Club, Gone With the Wind, All The President's Men, Some Like it Hot, Raiders of the Lost Ark, LOTR trilogy, anything by Sergio Leone, M*A*S*H*, Blade Runner, Die Hard. Surprisingly, I'm a big fan of violent action flicks - and living proof that watching them won't make you a violent person.

TV is a little more complicated. I'm not a big fan of the half-hour sitcom as a genre, but I've certainly enjoyed them when done well -- M*A*S*H*, Cheers, Barney Miller, etc. - and of course, the best sitcom ever, Seinfeld. I do watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. My current tv watching includes Mad Men, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, BBC's Sherlock, and the recently ended Breaking Bad. Favorite all time show? The Wire.

23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    krtmd 9. How would you rank the 6 Star Wars films?

10. Who are your top 10 or so favorite SW characters?

24. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012

1. Empire
    2. A New Hope
    3. ROTJ
    4. ROTS
    5. TPM
    6. AOTC

1. Han
    2. Leia
    3. Wedge
    4. Luke
    5. Lando
    6. Winter
    7. Jaina
    8. Anakin
    9. Mirax Terrik
    10.Booster Terrik

CooperTFN likes this.
  25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    krtmd 11. What are your favorite novels, books, and short stories, both in and out of SW?

12. What are your favorite comics and graphic novels, both in and out of SW?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.