main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Plo Koon in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Wookiee, Jan 1, 2014.

?

Should Plo Koon be in Rebels and survived his crash.

1. Yes

20.7%
  2. No

72.4%
  3. I don't know

6.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I don't know to be honest.

But with Mace Talk I was wondering the same about Plo.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    I don't care if he got blown up. I want me some Plo Koon.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    He is dead son, accept it.

4. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    If Darth Maul can be cut in half and fall hundreds of feet and somehow live, Master Plo could easily survive an itty-bitty exploding starship.

whostheBossk and Darth Wookiee like this.
  5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Aw, geez. No, thank you.

6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Plo Koon is my favorite backgrounder PT Jedi, so yes, yes, emphatically yes! Plus he's Filoni's favorite so I wouldn't be surprised. If Maul can survive, so can Plo. Now, I am not one for reviving characters, normally–but I think Plo warrants it; he's the only character period I'd want brought back from the dead. Even Kit Fisto can remain dead; Plo is the only character I truly want to see alive again.

TX-20 and Zabrak 3 like this.
  7. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I remember Filoni mentioned early on in the series that he pitched the idea of Plo Koon's survival to Lucas - to which Lucas threatened to edit the Order 66 sequence to make Plo's death even nastier in a future edition of RotS.

Circular Logic and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Order 66 would become irrelevant if Jedi are being resurrected after they have been killed, so keep all Jedi dead.

9. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Not only no, but kriff no!

Maul is kinda believable if you stretch your imagination. Maybe on the way down he reached into his own severed entrails and tied off his severed abdominal aorta himself, with just enough time left to use the force to slow his fall before impact.

Mace would be kinda believable since we saw him get a hand chopped off, fried with Force lightning and chucked out a window. It's unlikely he Force lightning killed him - we've never seen anyone directly killed by it onscreen, including Vader who was being hit presumably with the most powerful lightning Sidious could muster, since he was attempting to save his own skin at that point from Vader's obvious intention to give him the shaft. (Vader died fom it indirectly due to the lightning frying the circuitry of his life support suit). That leaves a long fall with one hand... Something survived by Luke Skywalker in ESB when he was at a skill level where even the TCW S5 younglings would probably beat him in a duel. It's likely Mace could direct his fall towards a speeder or suchlike too. No biggie.

But Plo..... No way. Just no. He was shot down. His fighter crashed. He did not eject, if he did we would have seen it. The fighter exploded violently on impact. It's likely that ordnance stored aboard cooked off. It was a non-survivable crash. Bringing him back would be the most idiotic thing in the history of Star Wars.

10. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I'd rather not. Plo Koon is probably my favorite non-major Jedi Coucil member, and I loved most of the episodes that featured him in TCW, but there's no way he could have survived that crash. Even Mace Windu seems more believeable to me.

11. ThatsNoPloKoon

ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2013
    Death will soon mean nothing and have no impact in Star Wars if all these characters keep surviving their obvious and explicit deaths.

12. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Agreed. I'm okay with some amount of revivals and resurrections, but too many just dilutes the significance of killing a character off in my opinion.

13. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    OOU, maybe it's fair to say "Maul was brought back, why not Plo?"

But in-universe, it demonstrates a misunderstanding of the fundamental differences between Jedi and Sith (or light-siders versus practitioners of the dark side), their view of life and death, and ultimately, the Force itself.

Vader (and later a ret-conned Maul) survived through sheer force of will, hatred and esoteric dark side powers. Clinging to life with a tenacity born of their ultimate fear -- the fear of their own death is at the heart of such feats. This is what it takes to survive otherwise disastrous, fatal injuries in the GFFA.

Check it out:
    http://starwars.com/watch/revival_commentary.html (Starting with the question at the 4:12 mark)

George Lucas has certainly discussed this (as concerns Vader and his surviving his injuries at the hand of Kenobi) over the years, but the video I linked above relates to Maul (and dark-siders, more generally), too.

Plo Koon has never demonstrated this type of fear. He's a great Jedi. A leading member of the Jedi Council, in fact. I just don't see him embracing fear and giving in to a warped view of the Force in his final moments. To me, it just doesn't fly.

Oh, and, you know, he esploded and stuff.

14. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    On the other hand not all Sith or Dark Jedi appear to be full of fear like Maul.

Dooku didn't start begging for his life in front of Anakin when he had the sabers at his neck and Palpatine was goading him to kill him. Although I suppose you could argue that he (Dooku) didn't expect that Anakin would actually do it.

A couple of the nightsisters whose deaths were shown in Massacre were relatively serene and Jedi-esque about it, despite being darksiders.

In the time of the Sith Empire there were various Sith who would sacrifice themselves for their emperor.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  15. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Darth Valkyrus: Indeed.

Though I guess the story is Lucas had actually envisioned Dooku protesting before Chris Lee talked George out of it. That said, your point certainly stands.

Still, my point wasn't meant to be that all dark siders necessarily display such behavior at the end, only that according to Lucas and Filoni, in the GFFA, the rule seems to be that in order to survive (in a corporeal sense) injuries that would otherwise mean certain death, a prerequisite seems to be a desperate clinging to life, an overriding hatred, etc., all of which, according to Filoni comes down to fear of death.

Taking this into account (and considering the circumstances of Plo Koon's demise), I think that it would require dark side powers and Sith secrets to make a resurrection happen. And considering Koon's nature, to me, that just wouldn't work.

16. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Whether he will: Probably What I want: No

17. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Sure, I mean, the excuse could be, "Well sure he crashed his ship in a fiery explosion, but his goodness and strength in the light side of the Force kept him alive!!!1!"

On a more serious note, the only way I'd want Plo back is as a Force ghost. Other than that, no.

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

18. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Agreed, if he Plo Koon doesn't show up per se, I am absolutely sure he'll show up as a Ghost or a hologram.

19. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Holocron seems reasonably plausible - gives you the character as a conscious entity without wading into the questionable canonicity of him learning the ghost technique independently of Yoda and Obi-Wan.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think that's happened already.

windu4 likes this.
  21. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Darth maul is all I know of.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Why did quote the same quote twice?

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If Trench survived Plo Koon could survive.

24. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Maul survived.
    Trench survived.
    Boba Fett survived.
    Palpatine survived, by way of clone bodies and essence transfer.

That's all I can think of offhand. Although I guess some might say that's already too many.

25. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Plo had a niece who was also a jedi whose fate is undetermined. I would rather see her in rebels then him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.