main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anthology: News and Rumors (General Discussion Welcome)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I have to disagree there. Disney isn't stupid enough to pass up a chance to anchor something to something as iconic as the OT.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  2. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    How about a Darth Desolous movie?

3. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Thought you hate sith? :p. And hes just a Wii/PS2 TFU boss, Dont think we will ever hear about him again lol

4. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Then how about a Darth Ruin movie?

5. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    That would be cool, Id love some old republic movies.

darklordoftech and Immortiss like this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm still hoping for an entire saga taking place in the Old Republic era that would chronicle the Jedi Sith War. New characters, new villains, same old Star Wars how could you go wrong?

7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't want movies about Revan or Bane. I'm sick of them and they've already been developed.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm not talking about adapting video games or novels into films. I just think them fleshing out the era that's talked about in the films would open up so much story potential without having to go back to the Skywalkers continuously. But they can do whatever they want with it and they wouldn't have to follow the EU at all.

9. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Want. :D

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

10. Oswald1901

Oswald1901 Jedi Padawan

Oct 7, 2013
    Can I pretty please get a Luke/Han good cop/bad cop buddy-comedy?
    When Chewbacca takes a week-long Life Day vacation, Luke becomes Han's temporary wing man. After a daring escape from an imperial base, they find that a Stormtrooper is on board the Millennium Falcon! Hijinks ensue.

danmcken and darklordoftech like this.
  11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd love to see movies based on GL's backstory.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That's exactly what I'd hope for as well.

13. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    In one of the Videos with Kathleen Kennedy, he did say, he gave them enough story material,, and content for them to make at least 100 movies.

Lee_ likes this.
  14. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I think that would be awesome. It be great to see a movie showing us the life that George Lucas has lived, especially now he has sold Lucasfilm away, which means selling what he's most well known for. It could give people who don't have as much respect for him anymore more respect for him.

Lee_ and darklordoftech like this.
  15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    [face_rofl]

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Well, I think we were talking about the backstory GL developed for the Sith when he began writing the PT not his own personal backstory. I wouldn't mind seeing a documentary about him though.

17. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Maybe...just maybe...
    Oh, sorry. I should have read more carefully. I think that'd be cool too though.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Exactly. The backstory in which the Rule of Two is established shortly after the Sith are founded because infighting wiped out most of the Sith, enabling the Jedi to wipe out the few that remained (with the exception of Darth Bane). The "extinction" of the Sith occurs long after the Rule of Two is established. With this backstory, the Rule of Two, as well as Yoda knowing about it, make far more sense.

19. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
  20. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Uggggggg. I will watch it and likely enjoy it because I love me some Star Wars. But Boba Fett? C'mon man. He is the most overhyped character in the mythos. Give us new characters! Make these spinoff films thread themselves into the new trilogy!

Lee_ and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I also wish the spin-offs would be about new and interesting characters but perhaps after they get the first few movies under their belt they'll start taking more risks like they're doing now with Marvel. If anything a Boba Fett movie should at least be fun and it's the perfect vehicle to showcase parts of the GFFA we've only seen glimpses of so far.

Ryus and Force Smuggler like this.
  22. Braxus

Braxus Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2001
    Like I've said before: I would like to see some exploration of the following characters:

Kitster
    Boss Nass
    Lumpy
    Goober Fish

What if Kitster opened up a private investigator bureau on Tatooine?

23. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I will be curious to see how much of his material is used beyond the ST and a few spinoffs. I think down the line it may be mostly other stories, and occasionally a "this one was written by Lucas!" kind of thing.

24. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Well the Disney CFO has said they're expecting a new Star Wars film every year, for the foreseeable future, plus they have a ten year minimum contract qith Pinewood studios, with an option to extend.

They only need six years to do the ST, and the current Spin offs, so that means that their will be more movies coming out after the ST, and the initial spin offs..
    Once they've made their money back from the current group of movies, In order to make the profits they want, they'll want to make more movies, in the SW univers, and that's not counting future Indiana Jones.

Ryus, Trebor Sabreon and Darth_Pevra like this.
  25. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Expect some timetravel shenanigans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.