main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census Are you afraid of death?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Condition2SQ, Sep 28, 2012.

?

Are you afraid of death?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. No

72 vote(s)
    69.2%
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Already made a difference.

2. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I agree, a person has the right to believe whatever they want. That is not incompatible with proselyting. If you believe something, then hear someone else express their beliefs in a way that makes you feel their's are better or more likely correct and change them have your rights been violated? If so we need to let children and scientists know that every day they are being oppressed by 'other ideas'. So no, I have not forgotten my avatars motto. Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. Where as you believe slavery is the right of all sentient beings, slavery to the self, slavery to not offending people. Better to let a man burn in his house then make him change his beliefs by suggesting he get out if he believes there is no fire.

As to 'stop preaching' No. You said you all have the right to disagree with me, and I uphold and respect that. I also have the right to express what I believe as you have done. Unless you believe everyone should keep their beliefs to themselves except you... in which case you are an enemy of freedom on par with Megatron.

Being part of the right religion would not get you into heaven and save you from hell, nor being a Christian. There will be plenty of 'Christians' in hell as well.

Technically once they die and go to heaven the corpse remaining is no more christian. Though if brainless, soulless corpses are praising Christianity that probably should tell you something about if it's correct or not.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Nah I can't die. I'm a Highlander.

Bib Fartuna and Darth_Invidious like this.
  4. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Oh of course. I should have known that because hell is a real place.

5. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I don't think much about death. My motto is you should live--not like each day is your last, but like you're immortal. All the time in the world. I'm good at doing nothing.

Zapdos likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nope. I'm very apathetic about death; I don't care one way or another.

Although I will say that if there is a heaven, I look forward to pointing and laughing at the people who think that the only people who are there, are those who share their religious beliefs.

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm afraid of dying before seeing the Dodgers at least win a pennant.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I just... wow. [face_laugh]

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  9. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
    wait.....

wut?

10. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    So be it.

I've no patience for religious zealotry better left back in the Crusades.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Then never lose your temper.

[​IMG]

If yer head comes awae from yer neck, it's over.

Juliet316 and Darth_Invidious like this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    To quote Albus Dumbledore from Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone
    "To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."

13. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Yep, fear it. I'm also on the fence about the whole Afterlife thing, but since I have no way of knowing until I'm actually dead, I figure I'm better off enjoying life while I'm here. Stressing about death will only help it occur sooner.

14. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Or the annihilation of said organized mind.

Just sayin. ;)

[​IMG]

15. JediTerminator

JediTerminator Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2004
    I don't fear death, but I want control of when it happens. I hate the thought of being inbetween like in a coma.

16. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    probably

17. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    Sometimes I'm afraid of death, because there's no 100% certainty about an afterlife on this side. But I try my best to trust that God doesn't lie; He saved me from suicide, after all (long story).

Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  18. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
  19. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I am terrified of the idea of ceasing to be.

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I am too.

21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I don't want to die; I love this life and I get a bit of twinge when I think about moving on. But I definitely feel that's what I'll be doing. I don't really fear death; I'm absolutely certain there's something else after it.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I've made my peace with God... No, that's not right, He shared his peace with me. No worries about the next life here.

Of course, getting shot at by Iraqi insurgents on a daily basis probably helped me arrive at this state of mind. No doubt that's why God arranged that for me.

23. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'm afraid of dying because I'm afraid of the unknown. If it's nothingness, that's an unpleasant thing to think about but I guess it won't matter much when there's no one to think about it. If it's an afterlife, what if I'm not deemed worthy to be in whatever paradise awaits? And if I am, how am I going to handle eternity? Also, with the inevitable heat death of the universe, does that mean that the afterlife is also subject to cessation of existence? What are the rules, man? WHAT ARE THE RULES?

I'm gonna go read comics. Freaking myself out.

24. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    no. because there's no way around it. i dunno why that makes it okay, but it does.

25. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    This made me realize I have yet another problem with the concept of heaven (though I don't believe in it and am absolutely ******* TERRIFIED of death, so it's a bit of a moot point). What if there is a heaven, and a hell. Or at least even if there's no hell, what if there's a "good" afterlife" and not everyone gets in? It would suck if you got in but your loved ones didn't.