main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Actually I'd say it IS very realistic if you use Prequels and Avengers 2 as comparison.

The movie doesn't come out in 2017 man, it is NEXT year!!!

In fact, most of these high profile movies you have news at least 2 years before the release (Not just Avengers)!

2. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Feb. 2nd:

"Hey, it's Groundhog Day! We're bound to learn something!...
    Hey, it's Groundhog Day! We're bound to learn something!...
    Hey, it's Groundhog Day! We're bound to learn--
    Awwww $#!1"

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    You are really arguing that they failed you? Avengers 2 already had a built-in primary cast. The first Avengers was announced in 2008, rewrites happened in 2010 and production began in 2011 and was released over a year later. That cast was also already known from their previous stand alone films. Those are horrible comparisons.

You really need to let up off of the victim mentality. Nobody wronged you. Nobody failed you. Nothing was promised and nothing was owed.

darkmarc likes this.
  4. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    For a huge movie like Star Wars, no news for under 2 years is just very rare. Most of them let you know something over 2 years!

There is so much more that a studio can let fans know, other than the MAIN actors casts.

For instance, a minor character played by a well known actor. That's also pretty cool to know. I am sure at this point, they ought to have a bunch of minor characters cast for sure.

Or sneak peak of 1/4 of a pre-production art design...

It's NOT about letting fans know EVERYTHING, EVERY SPOILER but a few unspoiling details that give fans something to think/talk about!

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Sure, why not?

CASTING RUMOURS: GROUNDHOG DAY I think is an oddly apt description of all the waitin' in general. So might as well hype up the date.

6. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

None of anything that you just posted changes the fact that nothing was owed to you nor was anything promised to you. Nobody failed you. The only thing that failed you is your expectations. Perhaps it's my age (39) but somewhere along the way I learned that self-made expectations does not often equal reality.

7. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

Plus you have that pesky KK outright saying there wouldn't be any news until 2014. Curse that woman and her forthrightness!

8. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    No, there WILL be hard information (casting, etc) announced within the next few months unless the production timeline gets pushed back yet again. However, I doubt there will be another delay, otherwise they jeopardize the December 2015 release date. This isn't some tiny independent production, the major studios use a tried and true formula for releasing information which amounts to a marketing campaign. They also like to control the flow of information by confirming certain things, instead of having the media talking to agents of actors and other personnel which could result in bad word of mouth.

It is possible for them to begin production without a peep of info released to the general public (the major stuff would leak out anyway), but that would be absolutely unheard of. I actually wouldn't have minded that if they had kept the whole production and Disney deal a secret to begin with. Imagine if Ep7 had already been filmed a year ago and was coming out this May and we just now heard about it? That would have been awesome. However, since the cat's out of the bag, they'll have to follow the normal procedure for this type of film, and that means confirming and releasing certain things for the media and masses.

Diggs and TheBBP like this.
  9. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I remember a few months back when folks were talking about how the new year was so far away. Time is flying folks. We will have news officially and otherwise very soon.

10. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Besides hearing about the big 3 being cast, I couldn't care less about "news". I'd actually love it if VII just dropped into theaters without me learning anything whatsoever about it before hand.

I'm going spoiler free as soon as any real plot news drops. Regardless, I don't feel any fan is entitled to an endless stream of news and handholding.

darkmarc likes this.
  11. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Of course we are not entitled to it. However, because of us spoiler junkies, there is a market for that info and there are people that leak that info.

My body is ready.

12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Good luck

jaqen likes this.
  13. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Found this on Yahoo's front page. Yeah, I know, it's Yahoo.

"ZOMG. ZOMG. ZOMG! That's pretty much what we've been saying since Lucasfilm/Disney announced that a continuation of "Star Wars" is in fact happening. Our lightsabers have been out, and we'll wave them frantically until writer-director J.J. Abrams ushers this epic space beast — with definite appearances from classic characters Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher), Han Solo (Harrison Ford), and Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) — into theaters."

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yahoo is so irresponsible at times. Because of their size, people assume those articles are based on confirmed info.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Wait, wait: they actually put phrases like "ZOMG. ZOMG. ZOMG" in their articles? And people actually pay heed to them?

16. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    I am not saying they owe me, God, that's you trying to force your own words into my mouth.

All I am saying is that usually HUGE movies would have news already, and Episode 7 here being a rare exception!

Because these 'HUGE' movies usually have news early, I was disappointed SW EP7 did NOT.

That was my point all along, and you just couldn't understand it.

17. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Brother, when you contend that they failed you by not giving you any news, that is you indicating that you were supposed to get some news... Even though were were told the news would not come until 2014.

darkmarc likes this.
  18. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    There is a huge difference between the words 'Disappointed' and 'Owed' man

You are still missing the MAIN point that it is considered late by regular ' HUGE movie' standards!

At this rate, it's not just ME that their lack of news is affecting. All the other media outlets, and interested companies (Who might be interested to tie in a product that has to do with SW) are surely also scratching their heads as well, that why hasn't any SW news came out yet?

19. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    1. You said that they failed.
    2. There is no official standard to be followed. Things are released as the studios see fit.
    3. There has not been news because they said that there would not be news until 2014. Now they officially have 360 some-odd days left before they actually fail you.

jaqen likes this.
  20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Also, to be fair... there may not have been casting announcements made yet, but we have gotten a decent amount of official announcements already, most of it in 2013... as can be seen in the official information thread.

21. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    For a while there we were getting a basketfull of new casting rumors nearly every day, but then about a month ago they just stopped dead. This either means A.) Those outlets who churn the rumor mill (often as a way to drive traffic to their sites) are as exhausted by this waiting game as we are and ran out of steam, B.) They officially ran out of living actors to tie to Ep. VII (My personal theory), or C.) Abrams and Co. have made their choices and it's the calm before the information storm.

22. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I think it's close to C, latter stage auditions, lots of non disclosure agreements being signed.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  23. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Yeah I'd say C is correct. At this point, the chances of someone being announced for the lead that we've not heard about whatsoever seems very very unlikely.

And since we haven't heard a whole lot of names (less females than males), it's probably going to be someone we've at least heard about.

That's part of why I'm leaning toward Rachel Hurd-Wood being cast. The guys are more wide open but Alex Pettyer or Jack O'Connell are probably most likely. But what do I know?

Plus, if there were too many rumors, the open casting would seem to be a waste.

24. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    [​IMG]

She's cute, but was she actually part of the open auditions O R is this someone's fantasy casting? :p

I for one am really pulling for Rachel Hurd-wood. The fact that Disney/LFL was taking fan feedback is interesting, however I don't know how that feeback went, although she was received wholly positively by this forum.

I am hoping against Alex Pettyfer because from what i've read everyone thinks him a jerk and I think him a forgettable actor.

Jack O'connell seems like a good choice in that he seems to come with some recommendation AND, even better, he is unknown and has little "baggage."

25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I don't know any of their works, but from the looks (yeah, I know that's shallow) Rachel and Jack look great for their roles. I saw some of Rachel's clips from youtube and she looks like a talented actress. Jack has the rough and tumble kind of look and is a little less polished than some of the other rumored guys which, to me, makes him a better choice. Hopefully we'll find out by the end of the month.

Echo-07 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.