main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anthology: News and Rumors (General Discussion Welcome)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I've read over the past year of two definite spin-offs, I suppose are a case by case basis for more if it works well -- ie MAKES MONEY!!! And I see no reason why they wouldn't.

Star Wars will never be rated R. However, George did say originally when revealing plans for Underworld it would be darker and more mature and even posited the idea that it would be on cable at one point. I think the plan is for a Boba Fett movie to tie-in to Underworld the ABC TV series. I also think a young Han Solo movie (or trilogy?) will be in thew works so that LFL/Disney can have young Han makes occasional appearances on Underworld. This plan (if it is in the works) is PURE WIN!

I think this fits Kasdan's style very well. Not only do I think this fits Kasdan, but I also believe and hope this fits one David Fincher -- someone I've been pushing for SW ever since the D-Day announcment. (I could also see Zack Snyder, and some other young directors, doing a really kick-ass Boba Fett movie as well!)

The real question now is -- Does this movie take place before the OT or after the pit of Carcoon??? :confused: (For my plan to work it obviously must take place before ANH.)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    Echo-07 Another thing to question is what is the the current status of Underworld, if it is indeed still in the works then I can see these films indeed bridging with the TV series like you said, like how Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D interacts with the Marvel Films.
    Seeing as 1313's story was a confirmed component/tie in to the Series I could see something like this happen, especially if the story is adapted into a film for the Fett spin off.
    Also Underworld was confirmed to be a more adult themed series, dealing with Coruscant crime lords, Drugs, Corruption and Prostitution. It was described as Sopranos mixed with Game of Thrones.
    I think if what we are speculating is true this will likely be toned down to a PG-13. However I would really love to see the TV series as it was originally envisioned.

I think the Vader TV specials will be a way of piloting Star Wars' viability on TV later this year.

Echo-07 and TheBBP like this.
  3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Totally forgot about the Vader-themed shows. Did they never debunk that trade show pamphlet image?

Man, these next few years are gonna be awesome lol.

TKT, Pro Scoundrel and Echo-07 like this.
  4. DealAlterer

DealAlterer Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    No more Darth Vader. There's nowhere else they can go with that character. No more "this movie takes place in between this and this" or "this movie takes place in the weeks leading to this and this blah blah blah". We've seen his story. Please, no more.

5. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    The image hasn't been debunked! In fact some of the things on the pamphlet actually happened, e.g the Lego games coming to iOS. If the Vader specials are any good and Rebels is good, then this year is gonna be awesome for SW!
    [​IMG]

6. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I am REALLY excited for Rebels. The Clone Wars was getting VERY good in terms of quality when they ended it. IMHO there are parts of season 4 and season 5 that are some of the best Star Wars ever put to screen.

Echo-07 likes this.
  7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I understand the reasoning behind this and I even agree with it to an extent, but I just don't see it being realistic. Darth Vader is practically the "face" of Star Wars. There is no way Disney is going to back away from using his character in any of their future film and TV projects simply because his story has been overdone. If anything, they will wipe the slate clean of everything that has come before solely so they can go somewhere with the character. Vader will show up in future projects at some point, I can almost guarantee it.

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Correct. To most people, Star Wars is a superhero movie, Luke is "the Batman", and Vader is "the Joker".

9. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    TheBBP, Not to derail this thread too much, but I want to get TCW the complete series. I've only seen season 1 & 2 thus far.

However, I've heard that they're tying-up some loose ends with some bonus episodes. Are those bonus episodes found in the complete series? If not should I wait until it's released with the set? Does anyone have some solid info on this?

As for Underworld on cable -- I would like more mature content without getting too trashy, but I don't want it to be on cable because I don't have cable. :p I DO have ABC though.

10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Thanks, my sister made it. I kid you not, I never mentioned Boba Fett to him even once. He just decided that Boba was his favorite character, so she made him the costume for Halloween and that convention. I didn't even get to go.
    Unfortunately, I can take no credit. It was all my sister's doing.

11. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    From one "Star Wars Uncle" to another you still get mad props in my book for influencing the new generation! :D

12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Star Wars is his favorite thing in the world. He's obsessed, it's awesome.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    My son's the same way. He's become more obsessed than me and asks me everyday if there's been any news. :p

TKT, Echo-07 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Have a look at the TCW Bonus Content discussion thread and confirmed content thread in the SWTV forum for more information, but in short... no, the bonus episodes (which would have been part of season 6) are not found in the complete series TCW boxed set, which is for seasons 1 through 5. How many episodes will be released as bonus content has not been officially confirmed yet, and the means of distribution have not been officially announced yet either.

Echo-07 likes this.
  15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    A Boba Fett film would be so stupid.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. YODA the all powerful

YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    A Lando and Han buddy flick ala Lethal Weapon.

17. YODA the all powerful

Oct 5, 1998
    No offense intended, but wouldn't an Obi Wan in exile movie be extremely boring? He'd just be hanging out on Tatooine. Seems like he purposely has no contact with anything off of Tatooine or much in the way of civilization on the planet so he doesn't give away his existence.

How would a movie about a guy hanging out in the desert be interesting at all? 2 hrs of a crazy old hermit?

Darkslayer likes this.
  18. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Myopic much? We could see 2 hrs of Obi-wan communing with Qui-gon. It could be a "Waiting for Godot" inspired talkie. :p

Darth_Panicius and TKT like this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    A plot can easily be worked around his exile. The book Kenobi (which I just finished reading and thought was fantastic) proved that.

20. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Obi-Wan babbles too much and in turn baby Luke is kidnapped by a scoundrel that wants to sell it to Vader. Owen is angry at Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan has to race after the kidnapper to rescue Luke before the kidnapper can reach Vader.

Bam, instant action adventure!

Darth_Panicius likes this.
  21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    And yet another reason for Owen to sneer a lot when talking about Obi-Wan in ANH - if he messes up like that.

Darth_Panicius and Darth_Pevra like this.
  22. YODA the all powerful

Oct 5, 1998
    I haven't read this book yet and will have to check it out. I just have a tough time seeing this story as a compelling option over an early Yoda movie, an early Han movie, etc.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Obi-Wan doesn't talk backwards.

TKT likes this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yoda would be the most interesting spin-off for me but seeing McGregor come back to the role of Kenobi would be great fun too. I think Tatooine is the perfect setting for a western-type story with Kenobi as the main character.

25. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    There's a lot they could do with a Kenobi spinoff, but I don't think they will do one in the immediate future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.