main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is Boba Fett really dead....?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Jan 2, 2014.

?

Did Boba Fett die in the belly of the Sarlaac?

1. No, Boba Fett escaped and should be part of the Sequel Trilogy

63 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. No, Boba Fett escaped and his post-Jedi adventures will be part of a Spin Off film

81 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. No, Boba Fett escaped but his post-Jedi stories should be left to the EU

27 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Yes, Boba Fett is Dead... Let it go

141 vote(s)
    38.6%
  5. No, Boba Fett is still being digested, as he will be for another thousand years or so

53 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    If the rumor is true that it will be Yoda, Solo, and Fett, I wonder why they would start out at the lowest common denominator? It seems they would want to get interest up with a bang by starting with the other two- who clearly would draw more interest from the general audience.

2. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Don't forget about the most powerful man in the galaxy literally being chucked down a shaft into the Death Star's core.

jaqen likes this.
  3. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Boba Fett is extremely popular within Star Wars fandom, but let's face it... He simply does not have as much name recognition or popularity amongst the general populace as Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo and Yoda. I"m not saying they shouldn't make a Boba Fett movie, but it will be a very tricky row to hoe.

4. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Or the most awesome, terrifying combat weapons being beatable by tying some string around the legs...

son_of_skywalker03 likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    My dearest hope is that it's setting up the live action series. Perhaps just as Simon Kinberg is executive producer of Rebels and writing a spin-off Lawrence Kasdan could be involved in Underworld and writing it's tie-in movie.

6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Now you're making me hopeful.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Echo-07 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That's very true. It's more the OOU directorial decisions, the tone of the confrontation, the playing for yucks, than the in-universe circumstances, which feels inconsistent with the way Fett was handled in ESB.

But you're absolutely right.

9. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    What, you don't think a big-budget snuff film can be a money maker? [face_clown]

10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It makes a whole a lot of sense to me. Why is Kinberg working as an executive producer on Rebels when he's supposed to be writing a spin-off? Unless the spin-off is connected to that show somehow and if that's the case then Kasdan working on a Boba Fett picture, a character who was supposed to play a part in the LAS, could indicate he has a role in developing Underworld. It would all be connected in a massive multimedia campaign and the story group's job would be to make sure nothing within the individual projects contradicts with something in another.

Darth_Pevra, laurethiel1138 and Lee_ like this.
  11. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Yeah, but they aren't talking about making a Jabba movie. Nobody who is shown to be so lame as Jabba and Fett was really deserves a spotlight movie.

12. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Didn't someone official at some point say that there is a character that is connected to Rebels and Ep7?

13. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Bah! As I've said before, a gangster flick starring Jabba could be great, too. This same thing was to be a large part of the premise of the Underground live-action show, after all. Both Fett and the Hutt's were said to have been front-and-center, working in Lower Coruscant, and if it could have worked there, I see no reason to think it cannot be made to work in a film(s).

And "deserves"? Come on, bro. Marketing the thing may be a different thing, but if it's a well acted and skillfully produced piece of cinema, centered on a good script, no amount of "deserves" will mean a darn thing. A good film will still be a good film. And that can be applied to almost any SW character.

14. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    That was definitely something which was making the rounds, but I cannot recall if it was from anybody in an official capacity.

15. 3PO

3PO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    Good gosh.

This character is so overrated and this is going to turn out to be a disaster.

16. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Like I said, it's just my opinion. No part of me would rail if a Fett movie came to be and as I already also mentioned before, I would watch it and ultimately enjoy it. I just think that they could do so much better than Boba Fett.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    JediNews said at one point that David Oyelowo was cast in both Rebels and Episode VII. If my theory is correct then perhaps they mistook his role and thought it was for Episode VII when in fact it was for a spin-off that would takeoff from Rebels.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  18. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    Well aren't you all sunshine and daisies.

19. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    All I can say is, if it happens, it had better be a good movie (and generally agreed upon as such), or God help us all in SW land! The disagreements would never end... :)

TheBBP likes this.
  20. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    At least he's staying positive.

21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think the best bet is for Boba Fett to appear in the probable Solo origin movie. I just don’t think he’s enough of a draw to carry his own film.

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    His twin Italian brother Bubba Fettucini will swear bloody vengeance upon the Solos.

TheBBP and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  23. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

This is one of those times when I wish marketing and business could take a backseat to art.

I'd murder to get a Palpatine film starring Ian McDiarmid, pre-TPM, that's well written and directed, with a tone more like a dark drama-mystery than a family friendly space opera.

TheBBP and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  24. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    That's exactly how I want to go.

25. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    Don't we all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.