main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is Boba Fett really dead....?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Jan 2, 2014.

?

Did Boba Fett die in the belly of the Sarlaac?

1. No, Boba Fett escaped and should be part of the Sequel Trilogy

63 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. No, Boba Fett escaped and his post-Jedi adventures will be part of a Spin Off film

81 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. No, Boba Fett escaped but his post-Jedi stories should be left to the EU

27 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Yes, Boba Fett is Dead... Let it go

141 vote(s)
    38.6%
  5. No, Boba Fett is still being digested, as he will be for another thousand years or so

53 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Nice! It's not often that I read a post and literally laugh out-loud, but what can I say? That was good. :D

Darth_Downunder likes this.
  2. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Agreed. Also if he's the star & focus of a film you'd have to have alot of scenes without the helmet so audiences can relate to him. No movie has the star concealing his face the whole time. So who would play him? Tem Morrison again? He's about 50 I think. Some other NZ actor? Due to the PT continuity & the alteration to the dialogue in ESB they need to find an NZ actor. Certainly limits their flexibility in casting.

Better to do a combined Solo/Lando/Fett prequel movie. THEN if the actor playing Fett really works out spin him off into a standalone.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe Boba died of old age?

YODA the all powerful likes this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Indeed.

Thread merge.

5. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Well, there is this old trilogy under the name of "Star Wars" where the main antagonist wore a mask throughout, and it didn't make him any less interesting. I could argue that it even made him more so. It all depends on the story and how it's told, and I'm convinced that even a "secondary" character like Boba Fett could carry his own film, if the main idea is interesting enough, and the execution well done.

Lauré :)

6. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Yeah I've seen that. He was the villain if I recall & not the star of the movie. I also recall that his mask did come off at the end of the trilogy. Also he had to keep his mask on in order to survive. It would be pretty dumb to focus on Fett for a whole movie & he never takes his helmet off. His old man took it off whenever he wasn't fighting. No they would need to cast an actor for scenes without the helmet & they are bound to the look & continuity already established.

jaqen, Darth_Pevra and Mystery Roach like this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    His mask is his face. That's the most important fact about Fett you have to know.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Judge Dredd kept his helmet on throughout the whole 2012 movie.

9. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Partial helmet, you still get some facial expression. Point is Fett doesn't need to keep his helmet on in his "off hours". Will be dumb to have him keep it on if he's hanging out in a bar, or he's in his apartment or whatever. Forget him having a drink unless he uses a straw! Also he's shown in RotJ to be a flirt & a ladies man. Good luck showing love scenes with him keeping his damned helmet on.

10. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    They could show him with his helmet (and armor) off then...

[​IMG]
    Furthermore, if there's one thing that I'd love to see in a Boba Fett spin-off film, it's to reinforce the fact that he does have bite to go with that bark; that he didn't become the galaxy's best bounty hunter for nothing. Plenty of scenes showing his badass-ery would be awesome, though perhaps not necessarily him facing down an enraged Vader and surviving, like in this comic:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Although something like this would go a long way to making Boba Fett look far more respectable than what we see in the films.

Trebor Sabreon and Lee_ like this.
  11. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    What made Boba Fett so cool was because you knew nothing about him.

12. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    The helmet could come in handy though:

1) If you don't want a commitment, you leave the helmet on so she can't see who you are.

2) If she is very unattractive, but you're hard up for a girl, you put the helmet on HER.

13. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    The projectile rope could be useful too, if he was into that sort of thing.

Lee_ likes this.
  14. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Gosh, I didn't even think of that. The possibilities are just endless with all of that gear Boba has. Maybe the Boba spinoff should be NC17, with Ron Jeremy playing Boba.

15. butlerd

butlerd Jedi Master star 1

Dec 31, 2008
    I could handle Boba Fett still being alive more than some other characters whom have died in the Star Wars universe just because he is crafty and still had his suit on and everything when he took the plunge into the Sarlacc. It's not beyond credibility for him to escape IMHO-for me anyway. Now, Darth Maul's resurrection OTOH was too much of a stretch for me though his eps in TCW were still pretty enjoyable and I always felt like we didn't get enough of him in TPM.

16. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    He's still in the Sarlacc, yes.

17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    If David Lynch had directed ROTJ we would have a scene where Boba takes his helmet off revealing no head at all.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  18. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    That actually sounds like a good way to go. :p At least I can think of a lot worse ways.

TheBBP likes this.
  19. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
  20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Wow, I just read a whole comic.

Immortiss likes this.
  21. Big_Benn_Klingon

Big_Benn_Klingon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2013
    *Uh.. the title was suppose to be "Boba Fett movie: the litmus test for Disney's adherence to Prequel canon".. don't know how to fix

Do you think Boba Fett's story and casting will respect his story as represented in the PT?

Im tending to think (and hope) they will walk the middle ground. Boba Fett is held dear by many OT purists, but he is also known and liked by in a different way by those who enjoy the entire saga (and to an even younger generation with TCW series).

Thoughts?

Note: Im not sure what section this is "suppose" to go, but I really wanted to post this in the prequel section because my question is more about how such a movie would related to the prequels specifically.

22. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I've said it before, but my view is that so long as it doesn't contradict the previous sources, then it's fine (in terms of canon, at least). They don't have to mention his past, it was already covered well in Attack of the Clones. I would be fine if it was done in the classic serial style (as the original Star Wars was): it picks up in the middle of Boba's adventures, and leaves the door open for more.

Barbecue17 and Big_Benn_Klingon like this.
  23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Why would't they respect Boba's backstory? What would they change? All AOTC showed is that he's an unmodified clone from Kamino who watched his father template die on Geonosis at the hands of a Jedi.

This speculation thread belongs the new films section, Forum mods feel free to lock/ merge if redundant. Relocating for now.

24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Ugh EU comics ugh.

jaqen and Big Bad Yoda Daddy like this.
  25. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    I want to see Boba in the ST, but not as a bad-ass. I want him a broken old man, with half-digested armor, crutches, and a crazy-man beard. I want him to come to the heroes saying 'I know of this terrible thing that's going to happen because of my foolhardy adventures in my youth! I was an idiot but you need to save the galaxy!' and the big 3 will ignore him, refuse to listen to his plight. But then the children of one of the big 3, yearning for adventure, will sneak off to help him. He'll be their obi-wan, though a lot more self-depreciating and somewhat insane.
    Hey, it's possible.

Trebor Sabreon and Mystery Roach like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.