main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I hate to admit it but I agree. Not knowing their acting I have only looks and the fact that they're unknowns. In this case those are probably the two most important factors, believe it or not. The fact that they have some acting experience/ability probably comes in a distant third.

I said it before but i can't believe Sheersa Ronan has been ruled out.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Has she been completely ruled out? I remember what she said but it's possible LFL just told her to shut up about it or perhaps she didn't think she had it and then learned differently later. IDK I think anything's possible at this point.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    So Jack and Rachel for the parts of Jack and Rachel?

4. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004

All she said was that she didn't have the role and probably shouldn't have talked about it. There could have easily been a "yet" left out of that statement. I wouldn't take it as a given that she was out of the running when she said that or even that she thought she was. In fact she might have said it to quiet the speculation and questions about it because she was getting closer to landing it. We just don't know for sure.

5. EffieGray

EffieGray Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 25, 2013
    If the open casting has come up trumps, then there is no reason to suppose that anyone (aside from their families etc) will have heard of the winning choices for those two lead characters (or re any other part that might have coincidentally have been cast from the same auditionee pool). And even outside of the open audition characters, it is a bit ridiculous to assume that those actually cast are all necessarily going to come from the small group that have been rumoured. There will have been a lot more people being seriously considered than we've heard about. A couple of the rumoured might come through, but I wouldn't bet on many.

Remember that official Facebook page that appeared briefly, though, that was obviously a mistake, and was taken back down again very quickly? The one that was seemingly playing the game of "guess who we've cast from these films and tv shows?" Whether intent re those alluded to changed with the rewrite, is another question, but does anyone have a record of what the detail was? Will it, or anything similar, reappear, I wonder?

6. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    What facebook page mistake?

7. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013

It could still have been damage control and denial. Ronan would be my #1 choice, but I'm doubtful. There's still a chance-everyone has a chance until they make an official announcement.

8. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Well, some announcements maybe, but none of which to most people is considered MAJOR Star Wars news to have people go crazy. That was the type of news we are discussing.

Love the fact John Williams is returning to compose, but even the best musician ever lived can NOT make a bad movie good. Other types of more relevant news just wasn't made.

Don't be hypocrite say I am wrong for disappointed, and you are not.

I am pretty sure the majority of movie fans interested in SW are just as surprised (Including some of you not admitting it) that there was NO news in 2013. *sigh*

9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Wait, the director of the film isn't relevant? The release date isn't relevant? The writers aren't relevant? The entire crew that's making the darn movie isn't relevant? :confused:

Pro Scoundrel , TKT, Echo-07 and 3 others like this.
  10. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    You don't get it. They actively tempered expectations by openly telling us that there would not be anything until 2014. There is no doubt that every one of us here would have loved to get some more news. However, any notion of having been failed or let down is solely due to your own expectations. You are not wrong for being disappointed, you are wrong for believing that they failed you or wronged you in any way. That said, your disappointment is misplaced considering they officially told us that news was not coming until this year.

Also, as mentioned by Darth Chiznuk above, we did get some significant news. Your opinion of it's significance does not negate the fact that we did get news.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  11. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I think their names were Thomas and Rachel.:p

Echo-07 and Darth Punk like this.
  12. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    dis·ap·point·ed
    ˌdisəˈpointid/
    adjective
    adjective: disappointed
    1. 1.​
      (of a person) sad or displeased because someone or something has failed to fulfill one's hopes or expectations.
    Director - Known since January. SO from Feb-Dec (Almost the WHOLE year) = LACK!

Writers - Other than the writer of Little Miss Sunshine is leaving, really how much surprise that JJ Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan was involved anyway? NONE whatsoever! Most people don't even feel this was a great news, since they respected the writer Michael Ardnt.

Crew - Although I feel they don't always get enough credit, but let's face it. You don't often goto a movie forum, and discuss Who is the second unit director and what great job he did.

Release date - Again, it was one of those 'Negative' kinda of news, not something many were thrilled with.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I think you just made @TheBBP's point but whatever...

Pro Scoundrel and TheBBP like this.
  14. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    No he did not. Disappointed and Failed are in the same definition. He didn't think it was!

But whatever this argument is getting stupid and waste of time.

I won't be a hypocrite and say I wasn't disappointed, cuz I WAS. And I say it like how I see it! You all can deny it all you want, even though you were probably disappointed too.

*SIGH*

Let's just hope some REAL & AWESOME news really come soon, so we won't have to resort to such wasting time/petty arguing any more.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm as hungry for news as the next Star Wars fan but I've also enjoyed the small and big (because there has definitely been a few of those) items of news that LFL has been able to tell us and I understand that they're not ready to release further info just yet. I can wait patiently until they are.

16. handofluke

handofluke Jedi Padawan

Jun 30, 2013
    Well, if it isn't our old buddy AL

I'm really jonesing for some news here. Someone hype up an arbitrary date for me to get excited about.

17. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Is AL really Ali Arikan? I've seen people make that assumption but I never got that impression myself. Maybe I missed something though. Can Diggs set the record straight on that?

Anyway that date sounds possible enough, though I'm more than a little hesitant to trust him after watching the net explode when it attached his teaser video rumor to the OT teaser pattern and it didn't pan out (which I'm not too humble to add I was telling people not to get their hopes up for from the start). If that is the date though, It shouldn't take too much longer before some casting news hits. I just hope we don't descend into panic again if it doesn't happen within the next two months. Come March, I imagine people will start getting very antsy if things are still quiet. Well, by February really knowing this crowd.

18. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Correct. This is why I shouldn't drink.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  19. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm betting on April, by the end of April, for casting news.

20. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, he is. AL came out and admitted as such. He's also sworn us off apparently, butt-hurt after the Mods demanded that posts about "insider info" be backed with a source.

Mystery Roach and Ryus like this.
  21. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    And it was a great loss to this forum.

22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I had a fun idea for an Easter Egg. If we get a view inside of Rachel's apartment/domicile, it would be cool to see the "Slave Leia" outfit hanging in her closet.

23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yep. Posters like that make places like this more interesting. That whole "prove it" hoo-hah was ridiculous and came out of nowhere.

24. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    We have already been there.

[​IMG]

TKT and TiniTinyTony like this.
  25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    New "countdown" clock: May the 4th (right after shooting begins).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.