main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anthology: News and Rumors (General Discussion Welcome)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd love to see Owen and Obi fall out. I'd also love to see Obi learn about Tatooine (if he doesn't already know everything that he tells Luke in ANH).

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Ewan McGregor is available and willing. It would be a shame to let this great opportunity pass. If you make a Jedi-spinoff, why not about Obi-Wan?

3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Obi-Wan's got the most votes? More than Han and Yoda?

I could see an Obi-Wan spin off. 18-20 years is an awful long time for him to dilly-dally on Tatooine.Of course, he'd go by Ben, not Obi-Wan.

Hell they could even throw in a cameo here and there of a very young Luke that Obi-Wan was watching. Luke and Obi-Wan know each other. Maybe a peak into how.

Darth_Panicius likes this.
  4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I agree. Having Ewan now, willing and able is a missed opportunity if it doesn't come to fruition. BUT, I think we'll see Boba and Han and then an Obi-wan film. Besides, having slightly more age on Ewing would be more apropos I think.

QsAssistant, TKT and Darth_Pevra like this.
  5. darthjj88

darthjj88 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 31, 2012
    "It may stick in some peoples craw, but it's going to be a very difficult to sell a new Star Wars movie that revolves almost entirely around new characters. Don't get me wrong... I don't want to see endless rehash after rehash, but Star Wars is so rich in characters, design and environments that (IMHO) it would be a pointless exercise to start with a blank slate. If we want something original, why not create a new mythology outside of the Star Wars universe? If it's within the Star Wars universe then yes... I'd like to see some of those characters further explored.

The best way to introduce new characters and environments is to put them in a story featuring Yoda, Han Solo, Darth Maul et al. Have the 'familiar' set the scene for the 'new'... let them emerge that way - just as the prequels did it. "
    100% agree. And to answer the OP, I'd like to see either an OB1 on Tatooine era film, or A Darth Maul film.

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    How about a movie on Tenebrous's master, the initial unbalancer of The Force?

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Does his master have a name? Just curious. You know after reading the Bane trilogy I had hoped that they would continue releasing Sith novels chronicling the entire Banite line all the way down to Palpatine but they seem to be ignoring my wishes. :p Obviously I doubt they would do this in movie form but a few Sith features would be most welcome to me.

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Not yet.
    Me too! (although I'm glad they covered Plagueis and Palpatine ASAP).

9. Doom Trooper

Doom Trooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2014
    Boba Fett definitely, and I'd also like to see Obi-Wan and Yoda spin-offs. Han would be great but Harrison is probably too old for that, unless you don't mind it being a younger Han years before the events of ANH.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  10. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Obviously I'm a huge Han fan and as much as I hate the idea of someone else playing Han Solo I have made my peace with the idea that it will most likely happen. There's too much money for Disney to be made on a Han and Chewie trilogy. Besides, I believe that the Millennium Falcon sets have been built as rumored so it only makes a ton of sense that they could use them for more than the ST.

11. DARTH-FURBABY

DARTH-FURBABY Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2004
    What time frame are you talking about here? Kitster was Anakins' friend. All the above characters are from TPM. Maybe sometime during the 10 years between TPM and AOTC?

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    How about a Jango spin-off?

Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  13. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    The less that they go back in time the better. Unless they want to go back thousands of years into a completely new era with new characters.

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Why? If there's a story to tell, it should be told.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I would like to see a few movies with Boba Fett as the star but it doesn't have to be before ANH, it could be during the OT or after. I think a series of Boba Fett films could work more so than any other character we already have. A Jango Fett movie would be cool too.
    A Han Solo movie set sometime before ANH would be good. The only actor that I feel could do the character justice (other than Ford) is Jensen Ackles and he's about the same age Harrison Ford was when he did a new hope.
    Obi-Wan would be cool to see how he and Luke interact.

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder how similar Boba and Jango actually are (genes aside).

17. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    If you feel like a laugh have a read of the first few pages of this thread:

Worst Spinoff Ideas

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Jango thinks Boba's a lot better than he was (AoTC novel):

"I got him good with the laser cannon!"
    "You did great," Jango replied. "You fired at just the right time, and were right there, ready to help me in when it was time for us to go. You're learning well, Boba. Better than I ever believed possible."
    "That's because I'm a little you," the boy reasoned, but Jango was shaking his head.
    "You're better than I was at your age, and by a long way. And if you keep working hard, you'll be the best bounty hunter this galaxy's ever seen."
    "Which was your plan from the beginning with the Kaminoans, right? That's why you wanted me!"
    Jango Fett moved over and lifted one hand to tousle Boba's hair. "That, and a lot of other reasons," he said quietly, reverently. "And in every regard, in every hope and dream, you've done better than I ever expected."
    There was nothing that anyone in all the galaxy could have said to young Boba Fett to make him feel better than those words from his father.

Different upbringings and experiences may shape the personality enough that we end up with noticably different personality traits, as well as abilities.

19. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Neither of them had to wait too long for an organ doner.

20. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014
    Another spin-off film I'd love to see is one with Dash Rendar as the lead character, but maybe too much time has passed since Shadows Of The Empire and it'd feel odd not having that as a film in some capacity. Still, Dash is someone I've always wanted to see.

21. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    What they are doing now with the 'Rebels' TV show is what I was hoping the spin-offs would be, something not central to the Skywalker story arc but related and covering a period which has not been on-screen yet i.e. the time between the PT and the OT.

Focusing on Leia would have been perfect.

22. crescenstar

crescenstar Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2013
    if they make boba fett movie.. whos gonna be the actor? daniel logan looks... well.. awful... and temuera morrison isnt that cool to be main character in a movie....

23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [​IMG]
    In fifteen years when they re-release the movie in 10k resolution you'll be able to see him through the cockpit window.

Trebor Sabreon and Iron_lord like this.
  24. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014
    Never even noticed that.

25. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I voted for the obligatory Kenobi and Plagueis/Sidious, but then I also voted other.

And by other, I'm looking for brand new characters in a different timeframe, or inconsequential background characters from the saga and their Skywalker-unrelated adventures.

Immortiss and Darth Archimage like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.