main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII... v. 2.0

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthTunick , Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Packers have a chance in the Hoth Bowl.

DarthTunick likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL "Hoth Bowl".

3. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    "Sir, your tauntaun will freeze to death before you reach the third down."

"Then I'll see you in HELL! Hyeeyah!"

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Campus closed for tomorrow.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Congrats! January 6th is unreasonable for a new semester, anyhow...

DarthTunick likes this.
  6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    anakinfansince1983 This is going to sound like a really bizarre, odd question, but trust me, there's context! Have you ever ate a Mexican place in Asheville (North Carolina) called Salsa & Beer? I ask because I had dinner there tonight, and I found it slightly odd that out of their 3 locations, 1 of them is in Asheville. :p If you haven't been, I highly recommend it*.

*If you like Mexican food that is.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Maybe you know this but most hard, aged cheeses are lactose free, or at least very low on lactose.
    The lactose somehow vanishes from the milk when aged properly. So there should be some cheeses you can eat as long as you're not allergic to milk proteins (I am).
    Otherwise, there are a few dairy-free, gluten-free and soy-free alternatives you might want to check out, like this one, or this.

Hope this might help you [face_peace]

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I haven't, but I'm always on the lookout for good Mexican and it's hard to come by here. I'll have to check it out when I'm in that area again.

DarthTunick likes this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Witchery! I was outside having a snowball fight last night and there was snow everywhere. Everywhere. This morning... completely empty grass and sidewalks. [face_hypnotized]

10. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Isn't it supposed to be cold? I was comfortable outside in a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals at 7 this morning. Although I heard the high here will be 24 tomorrow so I really don't know what's going on.

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Here it's usually around -20 degrees celsius and four feet of snow this time of year. Now it's 5 degrees and raining. Not a single flake of snow to be found.

12. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    This is insane. Tonight it's supposed to drop from 64 to 15.

13. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I'm in Detroit. The Lions blew up their season (big surprise) and we're experiencing the fifth coldest temperatures on record. We just received 8 inches of snow, so school was cancelled. The school district I work at received 14 inches. We had a snow (ice) day the Friday before the break, Dec. 20th. They might cancel school tomorrow due to dangerous temperatures that are supposed to end by Wednesday. That said, I'm on my 18th straight day off. Students have mid-terms scheduled for next week and instructional time is being eaten away. I've got to get back to reality.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I woke up this morning to see everything blanketed with snow! I live at the bottom of a very steep hill and I've tried three times to get up that thing to no avail. I hate this weather. :mad:

15. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    "Hate leads the the dark side".

Which reminds me, why would Obi-Wan tell Luke that Vader killed his Father and risk that Luke might want revenge, which leads to the Dark Side?

Trivia question of the day.

16. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    TigerCraneFist: Maybe it's not lactose intolerance but an allergy. All I know is, whenever I eat anything with the tiniest bit of milk or milk derivatives (even chocolate), my insides protest...often with violence. [face_dunno]

17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Embarrassingly I had to get a buddy of mine to bring me some snow tires just so I could get my car down the street. The weather definitely kicked my *** today! :p

18. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Sounds more like you're allergic to milk protein then. Welcome to the club, I guess [face_beatup]

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    On our weather maps I saw the line of snow pass right over you on its way towards us... but somehow we dodged it and got no snow or ice. Just really cold temperatures. Our low tomorrow morning is going to be 5 degrees F. Yikes.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, it must have dropped at some point during the night because it wasn't there yesterday and I wasn't ready for it at all. I can take most weather but snow is not my favorite to say the least. It should be better when it's time for me to go home because just as I finally got through it it starts to melt. But it couldn't have done that beforehand of course! :p 5 degrees sounds awful! Thankfully we haven't had temperatures that bad here.

EHT likes this.
  21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    It might get below 70 sometime this evening in my neck of the woods.

:p

Sent from my iPhone 5... take that, Wocky!

22. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well I got back from my Disney world trip yesterday. I had a great time and thankfully my health problems didn't bother me (I'm telling ya they are self aware, like when I'm all prepared for them to bother me they dont. Its weird). I guess the main highlights were waiting in line for 2 freaking hours to meet Anna and Elsa, screaming on the rides *and possibly deafening everybody around me*, and taking stupid selfies and goofy vids with the face characters. I also "Disneybounded" (which is when you wear outfits inspired by Disney characters) and some kid thought I was actually Snow White (which is odd since I have long not-black hair but whatev). So overall great trip....but now I have to fly all the way to the frozen icebox known as Minnesota for that Mayoclinic. Oh joy

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Glad you had a wonderful trip! Were you there to experience the New Year's Eve madness (I forget if you said you would be there then or not)? I was following it a bit on another message board I frequent and it looked to be totally insane (moreso than what I remember it being).

Also, this cold is crazy. I was heading out the door at work today and I was informed that we were having a 2-hour delay tomorrow. I'm not going to complain about that, though! :p

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    All of the public schools in MN were closed today. It is freaking cold out.

25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Pizza makes for such a glorious dinner. :D

Sent from my iPhone 5... take that, Wocky!

TigerCraneFist likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.