main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Darth Claire This thread really needs one of your GIF bombs quick! :p

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Would make lots of money!

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Please don't. You make sense of my otherwise senseless online world.

Dra--- likes this.
  4. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

5. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Dude, have a beer on your break. Don't be uptight. Yeah, it is fine to critique the stories, I wasn't being hostile to you in any way. This is a friendly discussion, smile and like it.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    While I appreciate your attempts at peacemaking, don't ruin the moment by double posting. :p

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well since this is the villain thread I can't do the usual Ksenia bombs so here's something lolsy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    That's an example of severe over analysis with a wild theory thrown in. Palpatine wasn't being vague or cryptic when he said that Plagueis had been killed in his sleep.

In the absence of any contrary evidence, yes. Otherwise you're second guessing almost everything that happens or is said on screen. In the movies we have no contrary evidence so I'll accept what the script of the movie has told me.

Beginning the story with yet another Sith Master is anything but original.

Except he immediately begins with a credibility problem because he was the Master & Palpatine deposed him. Even if he survived Palpy's assassination he was "beaten" & seemingly went into exile. This arguably makes him 2nd rate to begin with.

The connective thread is the Skywalker family & the Force. If these 2 elements are present it won't feel like an epilogue.

Maybe you could find the time to respond to my "reasons against" on page 357 :)

Odolwa likes this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    How can anyone carry on a serious argument after seeing those? Perfect! :p

Krueger, Dra--- and Darth Claire like this.
  10. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Damn, I've done that twice today on accident. I'm going to crash my head into the wall every time I do that to teach myself not to do it.

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    =D=

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Darth_Downunder, Vader being Anakin seems to have set a dangerous precedent. Nobody takes anything that anybody says literally anymore.
    I don't get it.

14. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I could understand if being overly vague and contradictory was common in the Saga, but it's not. Vader betraying and murdering Anakin being true "from a certain point of view" is really the only instance of it.

15. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    Ben was also pretty specific when Luke about his father:

StoneRiver likes this.
  16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I was talking about how the audience interprets things, not how the characters interpret things.

17. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I understand that.

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Here's what I want to know: Will Palpatine's death have affected the galaxy or will it just be a story of an old man who fell into a reactor?

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Completely out of nowhere scenario: Non-imperial galactic citizens are unreasonably furious at the Alliance for killing their monarch.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  20. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    The fall of his regime along with him would affect the galaxy, not the fall of Palp himself (another Hitler analogy); like that guy was saying about Nazi Germany, JUST taking Hitler out would still have left Nazi Germany a real beast, because then the military takes over. But IF the empire turns out to have fallen, yes, profound affect.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    That is quite an accurate assessment.

22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That depends on what part of the war you're referring to, because towards the latter part of it, the generals would have sued for peace.

23. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    He was talking about Valkyrie. That was the whole reason for the extended plot, rather than JUST killing Hitler.

24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Oh.

25. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Of all the pro-Plagueis arguments I've seen, this is the one that makes the most sense to me. However, I do think there are other ways of relating this theme to the the ST. I'm not a fan of Whonts (the word or the idea behind it), but the Whills could fill this role nicely. I just think it's unnecessary to have the Whills divided into good and evil groups like the Jedi and the Sith... we already have that with those groups. It's a lot more interesting to me if this ancient Order obtained a mastery of both sides of the Force. This increases the mystery surrounding them and throws their morality into question, allowing them to pose a possible threat to both Orders and undermine the dualistic struggle between the Light and Dark sides, ultimately giving us a much larger view of the Force and the possibilities it holds. After all, they were the ones who learned how to return from the dead... who knows what other secrets about the Force they're keeping. I'm mentioning this here because they could be seen as good guys or bad guys depending on your point of view, and maybe we won't know the full implications of their existence and the effect they will have on the events of the story until the end, but they would definitely be viewed as an unknown quantity with the potential to be very dangerous, and therefore likely treated as hostile by the Jedi (as well as the Sith). Now that's a bigger fish, although if they show up I would bet money that it won't be until Episode VIII.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.