main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Poll: How Many Episodes/Seasons of 'Rebels' will there be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes, Jan 7, 2014.

?

How Many Episodes/Seasons of 'Rebels' will there be?

1. 2 or less seasons (less than 50 episodes)

14.8%
  2. 3-4 seasons (less than 100 episodes)

27.9%
  3. 5-6 seasons (100-150 episodes)

42.6%
  4. 7 or more seasons (over 150 episodes)

14.8%
  1. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    Simple question - How long is this show going to be around and why do you think so? Whether that means on the air or anything else.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I chose over 7 seasons

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I hope less than 2 so Disney can see what a mistake they are making.

Darth Desolous and Darth Wookiee like this.
  4. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    I chose 3-4, by then the characters will have their story told and then the team can work on a post-RotJ/leading up to Ep. 7 series.

5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I think 5 seasons is a good number for any show. It's long enough to really flesh out the characters, but not so long that it starts to meander and forget where it was headed (if well written, obviously).

Circular Logic likes this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

What mistake? Mistake in giving us another TV show?

7. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

Five to six seasons is ideal for any show. Seldom do writers plan out a series for longer than that length of time and if they choose to go longer than that they are generally just making stuff up on the fly. As much as I enjoyed TCW I was still hoping it would only get about one more season.

8. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    Unfortunately, going by Greg Weisman's previous efforts this will be lucky if it survives past the second season. The name Star Wars will probably help his cause, broadcasting it on Disney XD will not. If 65 episodes is still considered the norm then I'll cross my fingers and take the 3-4 seasons option.

9. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    They'll get to about four or five seasons with about a dozen loosen ends before it's suddenly cancelled, I'm guessing.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    100 episodes because Disney will want to sell this into syndication. Ratings don't seem to be a particularly important thing, keeping the Star Wars brand pumping out product is. They canned the Tron show but that's freakin' Tron, they can only push that brand so far. Star Wars? This stuff goes on forever. And it won't be hangers on to the old Pre-Disney era & on a competing network ala Clone Wars.

Darth Maul Apprentice likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Long enough for the pilot of the Ghost to walk off into the sunset.

j/k I don't know, I suck at predicting this stuff.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  12. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    I suspect somewhere between 3 and 5 seasons because they want to pump this for what they can, but they'll also want to move onto the 'next' series set during or after the OT and finish that one (again 3-5 seasons) before too long after they complete the sequel trilogy so they can then stick on in there as well.

13. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    7 or more. I'll watch any Star Wars shows/cartoons they put and the more episodes the better. Would rather watch Rebels than the numerous legal/crime/law dramas that're clogging the other channels these days.

14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Mistake in cancelling TCW for what looks to be a kid show. They made the same mistake with the Avengers when it came to animation.

Darth Desolous and Darth Wookiee like this.
  15. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    It's a Greg Weisman show, so if the past is any indication, it'll get two incredibly amazing seasons with all signs pointing to an awesome third season...only to have it suddenly cancelled out from under everyone put on "indefinite hold" for no apparent reason, with dangling plot threads and unresolved story arcs.

cdgodin and Mia Mesharad like this.
  16. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I voted 2 or less, that's just my guess. Nothing really to do with Greg Weisman, I'm just not sure the show and its concept will last that long. And I wonder if enough people are going to tune in to Rebels when the sequel and spinoffs come out..

Besides that, Disney doesn't seem big on action cartoons. Its seems to get its hits mostly from comedy and tween sitcoms.

17. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    I chose 7 seasons, it's the rebellion era, I can't help myself.

18. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    If Disney takes a liking to it, then there will be as many episodes of Rebels as there were of Duck Tales.

If they don't, then there will be as many episodes of Rebels as there were of Tron: Uprising.

19. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012

We haven't seen enough of Rebels to label it a kids show. Clone Wars had very childish marketing back in 2008, and many people raised their eyebrows at the nicknames "Skyguy" and "Snips."(I personally never had a problem with it). Point is, this will not be advertised towards us because they know we'll already watch it. The point of Clone Wars-and by extension Rebels-is to get a whole new generation of fans on board for the universe as a whole.

Regarding length: Personally, three or four seasons is what I'd prefer for this series. I feel like there's less of a sandbox to play with than there was with Clone Wars, so I think four is probably the optimal number.

20. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm personally hoping for (and expecting) Rebels to run for about three seasons.

In my happiest daydreams this show has a much more focused over-arching story than TCW; one that spans across all its episodes and that would require it to have a reasonable run of two or more seasons to be told in full. That's my hope.
    What I'm really expecting is TCW 2.0; another collection of disjoint stories with minimal connections between one another, just with a shorter run thanks to lower viewership or some other similar factor. [face_dunno]

21. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013

Interesting...there are a lot of people around these boards that I've found despise the idea of a single over-arching story and even thought TCW was much too focused on one or two characters too much. I have always felt that TCW could use more focus on a single story arc and hope Rebels will as well but I've been repeatedly told numerous times that the way a star wars TV show "should" be is something extremely episodic that jumps all over the place and explores a different thing every week...Or at least that was what TCW "should've been."

I disagree but hey, to each his own. I'm with ya on the idea of more serial style focus...

22. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    It's just that the Clone Wars era has all these interesting characters and groups and places, and a lot of people got used to seeing all these different aspects and people from all the other CW-era material. There were stories about so many different Jedi, stories about clone troopers and commandos and ARCs, stories about Mandalorians, smugglers, Republic field medics, etc. There was sort of an expectation after Season 1's story diversity that that's the kind of series we'd be getting, a wide look at all these different angles to the war. But instead, the show shrank down to the same three characters (4 if you want to be generous and include Rex) all tge time. Yeah, we still got to see some other Jedi, visit some Mandos, cameo a smuggler, and there was a clone episode or two, but it always came with these same three people doing *everything*. Ani, Obi, and 'Soka did *everything* and nobody else apparently did anything worthy of watching, which y'know, got kind of boring.

With Rebels there's not the same expectation level because of where it's at on tge timeline, and they came in saying up front that they were going to do a smaller-scale, more personal, serialized character drama. There's no TCW bait and switch on the books. And people familiar with Weisman know how great he does series like this, so there's more of a pre-emptive acceptance of a small intimate story premise.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  23. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013

I can definitely see that and I totally understand that desire and excitement. I guess what it came down to for me was always more of a personal preference issue when dealing with TV. When it comes to TV shows, I have a strong opinion that in order for me to be interested and hooked, I need to be following one character or a few core characters as they make a journey from who they are in season one to who they become in season whatever. I always feel like TV shows need that focus on 1 character (or a couple). Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy episodic shows (like Doctor Who, BTAS, Fringe) that jump all over the place. But even those shows still follow 1, 2, 3, 4 or at most 5 characters with intense focus. I've always felt that if I want to enjoy many random stories with many random characters in many random places, the best medium for that is comic books, graphic novels, and novels - heck even smaller singular films. I've always seen dramatic TV as being an outlet for a story that is too complex and too elaborate to explain in 1 or 2 or 3 films. If you want to tell me about a plot, it can be done in a single film or novel. If you want to tell me about a period of someone's life, in order to craft each defining moment, you need the drawn out format of a TV series.

But as I said - its really just a personal preference I suppose and I can definitely see everyone else's POV. It just makes me sad when people say "TCW sucked because it focused on the same few characters all the time." When if you look at every other show on TV, they do the same thing and yet you don't hear that objection (at least not as boldly).

24. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I think it just comes down to, as Contessa said, a bait switch of expectations. In the beginning, TCW has a much broader focus that seemed to indicate it would follow the multimedia lead of earlier Clone Wars material, highlighting a variety of other characters and events in interchanging arcs that showcased that this was a very large, diverse universe and a very widespread, chaotic war, while keeping the core plot line of Anakin and Obi-Wan mentoring Ahsoka through the war as a consistent aspect, but one that would be diverged from time to time. Only for, as time went on, the narrative focus to shrink so heavily to the degree that we were left with a tiny cast being spread out to do everything. Particularly egregious was the fact that when a politician, ambassador, or negotiator was needed, Padme was inevitably called upon to fill the slot, taken to absurd levels in the finale when she was brought in as Ahsoka's legal advocate instead of an actual defense attorney. We lost out on the promise that appearances by characters like Aayla, Kit, Riyo Chuchi, and Mace Windu in their own starring roles seemed to offer. Hell, even Cody was eventually dropped as a series regular.

Now, if TCW had from the beginning moved to establish itself as a small-casted character-based narrative focusing on the evolving Teacher/Student relationships between Obi-Wan and Anakin, and Anakin and Ahsoka, establishing Rex and a small circle of fleshed out 501st troopers through whom we could follow the military perspective through the war, expectations would have been very different. I don't think TCW would've had quite the same degree of criticism because rather than appear to be a broad telling of many Clone Wars-era tales as its initial episode selection suggested, it would've shown itself to be one of the many other Clone Wars-era series focusing on its specific cast and their adventures. That, I believe, is an area Rebels won't be likely to garner such criticism. They've made their intentions plain from the onset, and stated that we'll be following this smaller cast through a linear, focused storyline that's become Greg Weisman's hallmark. If that's not to a person's liking, they're forewarned early, and if it is, there's no indication that they'll be swapping out that premise for something else any time soon. That is really the major difference: TCW didn't know where it was going, while Rebels has its mind made up from day one by all appearances.

The Shadow Emperor and Contessa like this.
  25. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I hope this time they end the show at a hundred episodes, instead of stretching it out further than they should.