main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are your collecting goals for '14?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Juke Skywalker, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    There's still a lot we don't know about what's to come in '14, though hopefully next month's Toy Fair will help shed some light on what we can expect. For Hasbro collectors it'll be the first full year of the 6" series, and Fall will bring Rebels figures and merchandise. Sideshow and Gentle Giant continue to up the ante on the high end side, and the promise of a new movie in '15 should add a little heat to the vintage collectibles market as nostalgia drives casual collectors to eBay in search of old friends.

Mine, as it relates to Star Wars, are pretty simple;

- Finally finish off my loose vintage figure collection (not including the "Final 17" from the POTF line, which I may never get around to, and I don't collect variations). I currently have 47 figures, which would mean I would need to set a pace of 2-3 figures a month. Daunting, but doable.

- Pick up one of the two remaining metal King Seeley lunchboxes that I don't have (I have both TESB metal boxes, as well as the red "group shot" TESB plastic lunchbox).

- Pick up one of the two Kenner "The Force" plastic roleplay lightsabers I don't have (red or green, I have the yellow one).

- Continue to collect the 6" Black Series line.

What are everyone else's goals for the upcoming year?

Barbecue17 likes this.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Humm...Well I'm currently between employment gigs so once I'm gainfully employed again there are some up and coming items that I want to pick up over the course of the year:

Gentle Giant - the Premier Guild Queen Amidala and Endor Luke mini-busts. Illum Padme 1/6 scale statue. (I'd really like the Illum Yoda but I just can't afford too many statues.) I'd really like to get the Hoth X-Wing pilot Luke mini-bust also, I had to kill my pre-order so hopefully I'll still be able to get one later.

Sideshow - Prequel Yoda, Return of the Jedi Darth Vader, and Hoth Commander Luke Skywalker 1/6 scale figures. They'll be announcing Hoth Han at some point also so he'll be on my list as well.

Hasbro - Continue to pick up the 6" line.

Considering 3 of the items above cost around $689 - I think that's plenty for me for the year.

Juke Skywalker and Barbecue17 like this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll get the adult novels, of course. Everything else depends on the characters. So far I'd like to find the 6" Fett. There are a couple on Amazon UK but for silly prices (one over £40).

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  4. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    For Star Wars, my goal is to slim down my vintage, POTF2, and prequel film collections. I'm only planning on buying SWB 1/18th figures that are clones, troopers, or army builders and characters that I have no other version of.

I'm also planning to stay complete on the 6 inch Black collection.

For other collections of mine, I want to continue to focus my DC collecting by adding more Batgirl pieces and then Batman villains of all scales to my current collection. II want to make more progress on completing my Legends of Batman collection. I want to slim down drastically my Marvel figures.

I plan to stay a completest on MOTUC.

I want to slim down my regular LEGO town collection and focus only on my haunted Lego town.

5. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Well I will continue to collect the 6" Black Series, pick up some more SideShow 12" figures, and watch for any unusual items that are released. I am also going to be watching Ebay for several items including a Storm Gold Yoda pop can as well some older items that I missed and hopefully I will be adding a few more Ikea shelves and lights to my room.

6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Mine are simple.

Buy stuff.

7. jade2013

jade2013 Jedi Padawan

Jan 5, 2014
    My 2014 goals for my Mara Jade focus collection are fairly simple. There’s not much out there, so I have a lot of what’s available already.

#1 – Finish off my “literature” collection. I try to collect the different formats for each book that has Mara on the cover (paperback, hardcover, audiobooks, comics and TPBs, magazines, sourcebooks, etc.), and I still need two audiobooks (Edge of Victory: Rebirth and Survivor’s Quest) and one hardcover (the Force Heretic Trilogy SFBC book).

#2 – Pick up the Canadian carded version of the Mara Black Series figure (both variants).

#3 – Pick up the available Mara Jade t-shirts. I’ve avoided this so far since they’re women’s-only, so I can’t really ever wear them.

#4 – Start trying to get artist autographs on Topps Star Wars Galaxy and FFG Star Wars LCG base cards.

#5 – Pick up the Master Replicas Mara Jade lightsaber. This one will be tough.

#6 – Start collecting the Japanese books with Mara Jade on the cover. Some of the sellers on amazon.jp will ship to the U.S., but it’s expensive, and there are at least 19 that I need.

#7 – Maybe start working on the foreign language FFG LCG cards. I’ve got English and German cards already, but it’s hard for me to justify buying full core sets at $70+ apiece with overseas shipping to get two cards, or Balance of the Force sets at a similar price for the other two. I need French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Chinese, and Korean cards in the core set, and Spanish, Polish, and Chinese so far for the Balance of the Force expansion. This will get worse when the new Force packs come out in a few months.

Other than that, I’ll continue picking up rare and new stuff as it becomes available. I’ve got the Koto statue on order, and will pick up the FFG “Lure of the Dark Side” and “Join Us or Die” card sets in English and (hopefully) German when they’re released. Other than that, I’ll be on the lookout for rare trading cards (Topps 1/1s and sketch cards, 501st Legion cards), cover proofs from Star Wars novels, autographed stuff, and anything else with Mara Jade that I’ve missed.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Tsuyoshi Nagano should really make some EU posters to sell, or figure out how to sell prints of his EU covers. His work is beautiful.

9. jade2013

jade2013 Jedi Padawan

Jan 5, 2014
    I'd buy those in a heartbeat. I have a few of his covers in trading card form from Topps SW Galaxy 4 that I'd love to get signed someday.

10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Rare or just expensive (or both)?

Welcome to the boards BTW :D.

11. jade2013

jade2013 Jedi Padawan

Jan 5, 2014
    Hard to find now, and expensive. There's one on the big auction site for > $800 right now, although it's been there for awhile and hasn't sold. I'd expect to pay $500-$600 for a good copy. They only made 750 of them.

Thanks for the welcome.

12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Pheeeew. Yeah, that's a little pricey, but all of that stuff made in such small numbers always shoots up and tends to stay there.

13. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    There is very little I'm interested in this year; this is actually a blessing in disguise, since this hobby is getting more expensive each year:

I hope to find TBS 3 3/4 Toryn Farr, Luminara Undili, Pablo Jill, and Mara Jade at retail stores. However, if I can just find Toryn, I will be happy - The Hoth sequence is one of my favorite scenes from the Saga, and I've wanted a TF figure since the modern line began back in 1995...

I will continue to collect two Dark Horse SW comics series, the ongoing OT-set Star Wars, as well as the concept-art inspired The Star Wars.

That's about it at this point, unless something else comes out that I want...