main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Darth Mateus

Darth Mateus Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2013
    Noo, not a comic book, first of all, how can any comic book be a SW canon, and secondly, it will probably be distributed only in America, which means a finger for the rest of the fans :(

2. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    It seems Darth Maul is following in the steps of Zuko's mom.

3. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Well, before the Disney deal, anyway, comics were canon (excepting Tales and Infinities).

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Again... "This doesn’t preclude the fully produced episodes from still airing somehow, but does let fans jump right to the ending and the unproduced final arc." This is only finishing the Maul storyline via comics, not the remaining TCW bonus content which they'd been working on and apparently still plan to release as actual episodes.

I wish Sidious had just killed Maul then... just killed him with Force lightning at the end of the episode and not said any of that stuff about "don't worry" and "other plans". And the added benefit of that would have been not having this whole blow-up over the comics announcement. :p

5. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    While there is always the possibility that they go back and animate Son of Dathomir, Lucasfilm has been pretty clear that they are moving on to Rebels with the conclusion of the bonus stuff. I guess if you want some thread of hope that this will ever be animated consider that if the series was written to season 8 there are roughly 2 seasons worth of unaired stories (11 arcs?) that haven't/won't be told (or more depending on how much of S6 we get in the bonus) but they thought it important enough to finish this 1 particular arc that they are sending it to comic book form. Perhaps Darth Maul is such an important character in the overall SW picture (and certainly in the animated SW universe) that they make an exception from their moving forward strategy and dip back into the past to animate this story and put it on XD. It would be easy to hype because its Maul. Think of all the toys they could sell...

I won't hold my breath.

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So the rest of us non- American fans are just supposed to wait until they release the Trade paperback or what ?

Huyang likes this.
  7. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Sidious is a manipulator, so I suspect he'll get someone to do his dirty work, like Anakin, who is, after all, relentless and putty in Palpatine's hands. OTOH, there's that redemption thing, which doesn't bother me. I always wondered if that was the implication, since Brothers' moral: "A fallen enemy may rise again, but the reconciled one is truly vanquished."
    "Redemption" doesn't mean he has to die in Obi's arms with dramatic music and a cheesy one-liner. His desire for revenge is what kept Maul alive. If he relinquishes that, I assume he'd pass on (and hopefully take Talzin with him). But if it comes down to more fanservice Sidious, so be it. I just want this story to end. Patience wearing thin.
    I can only think of his delivery of Ahsoka's sentence, starting with that drawling, "Aaaahksoookaaaa Taaaanoo..." He makes Palpatine sounds so bored.
    IKR?! Even though there is a precedent for comic-to-screen with the slave arc, this situation feels...final.
    [​IMG]
    My shelf will feel incomplete with Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, Lost Missions Bonus Content...and a comic...
    Pass me the bottle.

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Oh I love reading comics. For example I've recently started reading DC and it's a lot of fun, it gave me a whole new style of storytelling. However, I feel like Star Wars does not lend itself very well to that particular medium.

9. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Hold up...
    Dang sorry. Wrong franchise again.
    But in all seriousness, that doesn't make any sense[/quote]
    Don't overspeculate or you will just fall into the trap of misery! And maybe you will also fall of the Bridge of Khazad-dum :p

10. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Unless the new trilogy is mind-blowingly good, I think George made a mistake selling to Disney. I can't believe they think that what people like Simon Pegg think is actually representative of the Star Wars fan base.

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Everyone knows Mickey Mouse will be in the new movies so yea it was a big mistake

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  13. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I think that they were going to go with the Obi-Wan trying to redeem Maul path, reminiscent of Luke trying to redeem Vader and Obi-Wan trying to redeem Ventress in the Obsession comics. It makes sense too, with Obi-Wan saying in The Lawless, "I know where you're from, I've been to your village, I know the decision to join the dark side wasn't yours, the Nightsisters made it for you!" I really like that idea to, because it fits Obi-Wan perfectly even if he fails to redeem Maul.

atouchofanarchy likes this.
  14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Obi-Wan redeeming Maul and Maul turning good? Uhhhh no thanks

Darkslayer, Trebor Sabreon and Vialco like this.
  15. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Obi-Wan trying and failing, helping to lead to "understanding" that Anakin can't be saved...I'd like that.

16. atouchofanarchy

atouchofanarchy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2011

I also thought they were going down that route, but it seems unlikely now with the description of the comic.

17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    That's my head-canon. Hell, I may even rip the episode from the disc and trim off those last few seconds.

Senator Kelberry and EHT like this.
  18. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Watch them try to kill Ahsoka in a comic next, the rotten swine.

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

Actually, a comic book is more canon now after the Disney deal than before - Before there was the hierarchy and comics would be C-canon - 2 levels below the highest, truest canon. Now, (as Leland Chee announced yesterday) its all one canon - no hierarchy. Comics, novels, video games, tv shows, films - all on the same level of canon from the time of Disney's acquisition onward.

BigAl6ft6 and 07jonesj like this.
  20. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

Ahsoka will die by Vader is my guess. Only appropriate way to go, but that's OT from the show at this point more than likely.

21. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    Ahsoka could just survive until the post-RotJ era. No reason she couldn't have a story behind the scenes that we don't see in the OT. It's a big galaxy after all. I'm sure the Rebellion extends beyond the forces we see in the OT movies. Perhaps she had things to do elsewhere. I don't think we need to assume every Prequel era character has to die before A New Hope unless they appear somewhere in the OT movies. I want to see Vader and Ahsoka duel, but I don't think he should kill her. It would better represent the small amount of good left in him.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Meh, just let her fade off into the sunset down the Temple steps never to be heard from again.

People can write stories for fanfiction.net about how she was the real Chosen One or how Vader was really seeing Ahsoka through some sort of painkiller-induced hallucination when Luke threw down his saber in ROTJ.

No martyr's death, no going out like a punk, just...nothing.

Everyone makes up their own satisfactory ending, everybody is happy.

Maybe.

23. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    *cough* cop-out *cough*

TheMDOSS1313 and Darkslayer like this.
  24. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I dislike Ahsoka, but bias aside, I do think her ending in TCW was "too easy" and not permanent enough.

25. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I've got it: Ahsoka is going to be shot and paralyzed from the waist down by Cad Bane, and sit in a cave and help the kids (one of whom likes bats) in Rebels found the Alliance.

07jonesj likes this.