main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT In your opinion, Does Boba really deserve all the love he gets?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Mzukiller, Nov 12, 2013.

1. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    Because the Empire DID. Darth Vader did the capturing, Boba stood around. Boba never physically laid a finger on Han.
    As for capturing him multiple times, Han always escaped anyways...
    And tracking is not really difficult. Three other bounty hunters did it as well.

ANYWAYS
    Its clear we're never going to come to agree on this, so we might as well stop spamming the thread there, don't you agree?

2. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    Boba Fett is getting his own spin off, so he must be important enough.

naibaf likes this.
  3. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    While I do like Boba, he is a greatly overhyped. Jango is really alot better and more interesting since he has a personality.

Darth Raiden and Sith-Mullet like this.
  4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    All that shows is that he's popular enough.

5. Sith-Mullet

Aug 2, 2003
    I would rather see a Jango movie, he has more depth.

Mzukiller and Slicer87 like this.
  6. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    I agree.

7. skyrimcat9416

skyrimcat9416 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2013
    No, I find Boba Fett is highly overrated.

8. Sith-Mullet

Aug 2, 2003
    Well the fine folks at Disney are going to give fanboys what they asked for. Let's just hope that it doesn't suck. Or worse, a Boba Fett vs. Iron Man spinoff. Oh the horror!!! :D

9. Hobyoda42

Hobyoda42 Jedi Knight

Jan 6, 2014
    I believe that his affect on the fans of the original trilogy was enough to give him the respect he has.

10. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I think his armour suit is pretty cool but I would find Jango more interesting. Personally, I think Bobba is over rated but I'm likewise of the view everyone is entitled to like or not whatever they choose in SW.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Vaapad Master Daeg Tynan

Vaapad Master Daeg Tynan Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    Short answer is no.... but I think alot of mysticism built up around him after ESB.... and the race he was supposedly a part of. I'm not sure how I feel about this spinoff... somewhere between mild excitement and nausea driven dry heaving.... yay.....

12. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    Just goes to show you how important character design is. However I will say:

TESB was setting up Boba for the next film, and was setting him up to be this awesome enemy of Solo. A death match in ROTJ would have given Boba a good send off.

However all the build-up TESB did Lucas blew away as Solo accidently "killed him".

13. Jedi Master Cheve

Jedi Master Cheve Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2014
    We had seen more of Boba if we count the Clone Wars.

14. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    They never explained the rivalry between Han Solo and Boba Fett, so to me he's just a throwaway character. Jango had much more story development by comparison.

15. Number_5

Number_5 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    So much Jango love. I myself was quite disappointed with the whole idea of Jango. Here, Lucas had an opportunity to really flesh out the character of Boba Fett, give us some meaty backstory (and canon). Instead, he gives us Jango, and says Boba is a clone of Jango, who is pretty much the same as Boba. He makes Boba some lame kid, and makes Jango be the bada** we want to see--only it's not Boba.

Now instead of wondering about Boba's backstory, we're wondering about Jango's. As far as backstory to the kicka** bounty hunter goes, Lucas gave us nothing.

Where'd Boba learn his skills? Where'd he get his armor and ship? From Jango, who's the same as Boba. Ok, where'd Jango get it all? Darnit, lazy Lucas teased a backstory and gave us a copout.

Really, Jango Fett could have just been Boba Fett. Then that extra personality would be Boba's. No need for a kid clone. Boba can be old in the OT, it's not like we ever see his face. His voice is like Clint Eastwood's, he's old and still awesome.

As for the topic, Boba Fett deserves it just by looks and the way he carries himself. Until his death, that is.

Mzukiller likes this.
  16. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Well, I'd like to thank you all for this very informative thread. Decent arguments on both sides, but I think I'm gonna flop teams over to the Boba Fett club.

It is unfair to just assume that he's overrated because Lucas had no idea what he had back in the 80s and got the tin man eaten by a giant sandworm.

17. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    No, the only reason Boba is so popular is because he looks so god damn cool. I still think they should give him a spin off though, he's got potential to be a really cool character. He's basically a clean slate, if they start his spin off with him escaping the sarlacc, he could redeem himself for RotJ.