main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Haha, no... not because of news, sorry. :)

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

:(

eht13 likes this.
  3. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Difficult to see. Always bipolar, is Disney. If they make the movie now, Disneyfied it may not be, but several years from now... it may be.

4. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    How's Agents of Shield doing?

5. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Much better

6. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    For what it's worth, if they finally make the live action show they've talked about for years now, I'd expect and want it to be darker and more mature than Agents of Shield. Maybe a different SW show similar in tone to Shield? There's no way they can make a show about the underworld in SW that kids can watch and be a good show.

7. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    True but I think it would be the cross over movies with the Disney charcaters, like what happened with family guy.[face_laugh]

8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It's funny you bring this up (or maybe not, I haven't read most of this thread), because I've been thinking a lot lately about how the problems with Agents of SHIELD might be relevant to any potential live action SW series.

purplerain likes this.
  9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The potential success of Agents of Shield will determine whether or not LAS will ever happen.

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I've only seen a few episodes of Agents of Shield, and I question whether or not it's a good comparison for whether or not a Star Wars Live Action Show would work.

Mainly because Agents of Shield bypassed a lot of the special effects demands of superhero properties -- Man of Steel, The Amazing Spider-Man, X-Men, Thor, etc. are all big on SFX. Instead Agents of Shield focused on a bunch of non-super powered characters.

With Star Wars I think the SFX demands would be unavoidable, unless they set it on Tatooine, or some other planet in the Star Wars universe where the entire thing can be shot on location, and then follow a prominently human cast.

A lot of action, aliens, environments, ships and vehicles require SFX. I would think that a Star Wars show would be doomed to cost quite a bit more than AoS to pull off well, and that they would have to have the utmost confidence that it would exceed AoS in ratings.

I question if they'll ever make a LAS at this point. The LAS existed as an idea during a time when the films were over. With the frequency that Disney and LucasFilm intend to pump out new Star Wars films, I'm wondering if they'll just play it safe and keep the live action Star Wars portrayals within the realm of high budget theatrical releases.

Seerow and eht13 like this.
  11. John R Pleak

John R Pleak Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2013
    Your idea for a Star Wars production line is spot on. Like you said, they can make everything they need and reuse props for all 3 films and then auction the props out to fans or have charity auctions. Star Wars money could feed a lot of starving people on this earth 10 times over.

twowolves likes this.
  12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, my thoughts exactly.

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Not what I want to hear [face_bleh]

Darkslayer likes this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Any problems with AoS probably stem more from Joss Whedon than anything else, so yeah, I agree with Tarados in saying it's not exactly an apt comparison.

15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    My internet connection is too weak right now for elaborating on my main point, but I think we can safely say that Whedon is not the problem - by all accounts he's not that closely involved with the show at all. At most you can blame him for some of the feeble characterization, and that's only tangentially related to what I see as possible pitfalls for a SWLAS.

16. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Maybe we'll get LA news in 2015-16

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  18. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    so is this an al-sumption?

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

No we won't

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I think it's too early to say definitely "no" at this point. Although they're undoubtedly concentrating on the movies right now, I'd suspect they're still keeping the old LA scripts on the back burner, perhaps for a future series similar to Agents of SHIELD.

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I agree, Barriss_Coffee. Disney has already said publically that they're looking into further SW television projects with Lucasfilm, and if I remember correctly, even going so far as to have specifically mentioned live action possibilities.

22. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    A show called "The Rex Chronicles" or the "Rex Diaries" or suchlike starring Temura Morrison and covering his life in a self-narrated flashback style would be kinda cool. Starting in the TCW era and moving on up through the time of ROTS, order 66 and the formation of the Empire, showing his doubts and disillusionment, and eventual defection into the struggle against the Empire.

23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That's sounds like the kind of thing too cool to ever happen.

24. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Sounds awesome but would require too much money, IMO.

25. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    They should give Darth Maul his own series.[face_dancing]

Legacy Jedi Endordude likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.