main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Doctor Who]The Diary of an Impossible Girl: Clara Oswald for DDC entry Five 3/27/14

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Juliet316, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    TITLE: The Diary of an Impossible Girl: Clara Oswald for Dear Diary Challenge
    AUTHOR: Juliet316
    FANDOM: Doctor Who
    RATING: PG - 13
    CONTENT: DRABBLES, ADULT, DRAMA, ANGST, FLUFF (maybe)
    CATEGORY: DRABBLES, DRAMA
    SPOILERS: S7, though because is a companion of sorts to my multi part fic "The Impossible Meeting (at the End of the World)", the events of The Day of the Doctor and the Time of the Doctor will likely not be acknowledged and thus this diary will probably be AU after The Day of the Doctor. (Since I started the fic not too terribly long after The Name of the Doctor aired anything I wrote specific about those two at the time unaired yeps would get jossed.)
    SUMMARY: For over a decade after the events in The Name of the Doctor, Clara starts a diary as away to catch the fleeting remembrances of her other lives.
    DISCLAIMER: BBC owns Doctor Who.
    NOTES: Written for the Daily Diary challenge.

Entry one:

My name is Clara Oswald.

And I'm not even sure I know who I am beyond that name anymore.

Random Comments likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi! Well! That is one intriguing start. Looking forward to her chronicles. =D= BTW, it's "Dear Diary" Challenge, so you don't have to post something every day. :oops: Then we'd all be in trouble. [face_laugh]

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Well that is quite the start - short and sweet and too true to boot. :)

=D=

EDIT: Would you also include [Doctor Who] in your title bar when you get a chance - for both of your diaries? Just to help keep the stories straight. :)

Juliet316 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That's quite a start! I'm very interested :D

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Nyota's Heart: Thanks, more to come That's good on not being everyday, because it's not likely to be everyday with how my brain operates.. Also very timey wimey to boot.

Mira_Jade: Thanks, and done.

NYCitygurl: glad to year you're interested. More to come.

Thanks for the like Random Comments!

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Nyota's Heart, Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl, Random Comments

Note: I'm not going to get into how the Doctor and Clara managed to escape his timestream in The Name of the Doctor (Partly because I knew at the time I was plotting/writing the main story that this diary is attatched to that anything I'd write would get jossed (Moffed?) by canon).

Entry Two

Right. Okay, now that we've got that little outbust out of the way...

It's strange, it's only been a few days since Trenzalore, yet it feels like a lifetime ago. There are just so many thoughts and emotions going through my head. There's been a time or two where I'm doing something, and I know that it's something from one of those shards that split off me when I entered the Doctor's timestream. Then there are the dreams that don't feel like dreams at all.

Last night I dreamt that I fell out of a TARDIS high in the clouds while in a Victorian dress.

I feel like I'm slowly being buried underneath this tumble of other girls' lives that aren't me, but technically are. Did that make sense?

Well I guess that's where you come in dear diary.

I found you on a quick stop up the Doctor made in Cardiff. To fuel up the TARDIS, he said. I really should check on him again, the Doctor. He's been acting a bit strange himself since we escaped his timestream. Makes me worried.

Anyway

I figured I'd buy and use you in an effort to keep everything straight. Even if I never fully remember all those other lives, I need to be able to seperate them, from me. Figure out what I've aquired from those other lives and which things are just plain old me.

Maybe then I'll rediscover who Clara Oswald is.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh that is definitely a great idea. Plus, we get to peek into the experiences of the "other"? Claras. ;)

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That's actually the reason I chose this as something to do for the Diary challenge, because I knew Clara remembering some of her lives factored a bit into The Impossible Meeting (at the end of the world), but wasn't sure how much to get into them without running the risk of going into overly long exposition/info dumpage and possibly derailing the story. Here, I can go a bit deeper (well when ever the muse feels like going deeper, anyway), and just touch on them in the main story enough to get them across when needed and still keep that story moving and hopefully enhance that story with this supplemental to it for those reading it.

Thanks for the lovely feedback and more to come!

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, very interesting. I am intrigued by her remembering her past lives. And this would definitely be the place to keep them straight. [face_thinking] :)

=D=

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Oh yes, definitely. More to come soon, thanks for reading.

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I feel bad for Clara, confusing her life with the other lives. I hope the diary does help her keep them straight!

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    She hopes so too. It just won't always be easy for her to do so. Thanks for reading and more to come soon!

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    NYCitygurl Mira_Jade Random Comments Nyota's Heart

Was going to make my next entry a response to the 'sick' challenge, but inspiration hit with this brief little entry (wrote it while the boards were down earlier). I'll do my 'sick' response in a couple of days.

Also, would anybody else reading these entries like me to tag/PM them, or change how I'm doing update notifications?

Entry three.
    Another weird dream/memory. Was in this temple and half my arm was stone. Will try to elaborate on it later after I’ve had some decent sleep.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Whew! That is one weird! dream. Looking forward to the explanation. [face_thinking]

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    A very interesting dream/memory for Clara indeed. [face_thinking]

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Nyota's Heart Mira_Jade Thanks for the feedback! As for a hint as to what Clara's dreaming about,
    the dream/memory takes place during a certain S4 ep (I chalk it up to just being an off screen extra)

17. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    seeing how many people who became important to Who were already in that episode, I think it's fitting. In addition to the regulars, two other companions and a Doctor, at least...

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Very odd--but very interesting! I look forward to seeing more from Clara :D

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Thank you. More to come hopefully soon.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Nyota's Heart, Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl, Random Comments

Two things of note here: This is a (Rather late) response to the 'sick' challenge and
    it deals, if but only in the vaguest of ways, the beginnings of what would be Eleven's regeneration in my ficverse.

Entry Four

The Doctor's sick!

No, worse than that. What happened when we went to Trenzalore and he entered his own timestream to save me, caused something to make him sick. It's like his own body's trying to destroy him. That's why he's been acting so strange.

He didn't want me to see him dying.

Dying.

The Doctor's dying.

And it's all my fault!

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D= Aw, so now she knows the why of his behavior, but she feels guilty. A complicated blend of emotions: relief mixed with "If it weren't for me" [face_thinking]

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Nyota's Heart - in a nutshell, yep. Thanks for reading and more to come.

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh no! The kind of dying he can't regenerate from?

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    NYCitygurl Oh no indeed! He may be able to regenerate, but poor Clara doesn't know that for sure.

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    A great entry for Clara! Her maelstrom of emotions was perfectly expressed here. :( =D=