main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Worst Possible Shippings

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by darth fluffy, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
  2. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Someone on Tumblr once said they found a Obi-Wan/Dooku fic.

:eek:

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

VanishingReality likes this.
  3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    You know, I really don't get why so many people think age and age gaps are so disgusting. I love both and find them attractive. It's pretty standard for me to have 20-30 years between my main couples when I write. As long as it's legal, moral, in marriage, and willing I don't have any issues with age gaps. Why shouldn't everyone have a bit of love? Why do you hate on some characters so openly? Palps is only the Baddie because he was made that way. I think it'd be brave for someone to possibly dare to suggest he's not as black as most think.

4. Padawan Fangirl

Nov 28, 2013
    Age gaps doesn't bother me. Hell, I'm writing a fic right now involving Jango Fett and my OC, who's about Padmé's age. I just don't see Dooku and Obi-Wan like that. I love both characters, but I don't see them as a potential couple.

5. Endor_boy

Endor_boy Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2013
    Thanks for the link. That was a fun story.
    I'd like to read a real Luke/R2 story now without Callista. It's so bizarre I'd like to see how it would work, I just know that R2 should be the top.

6. Padawan Fangirl

Nov 28, 2013
    I once saw a fic involving Leia getting it on with her kids.

#no

Lady_Misty likes this.
  7. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I agree. I don't see any of the males or females as couples in SW. I've seen someone try to pair Dooku and Qui-Gon and Obi and Ani and I can't see either as feasible. Good to see some don't mine age differences. :D Yeah, I've seen incest fics too and that is just disturbing.

8. Endor_boy

Dec 24, 2013
    I could see Obi and Ani as a couple. It's non canon of course, but that's what fan fiction does.
    I don't mind incest fic if it's well written (and should be angsty by nature), but I'm thinking siblings or other relatives close in age, especially when you're dealing with people who aren't raised together like Luke and Leia. Leia with one of her owns kids is pretty awful, and this is coming from someone who's open to Luke/R2D2 fics lol
    I have read a lot of V.C. Andrews, so I'm pretty used to angsty incest romance fiction.
    As for other gay characters in Star Wars, I could see Han with Luke or Lando. Chewbacca almost makes sense but even I don't want to go there.
    Qui-Gon and Obi work very well as a couple imo, and there's nothing on screen to invalidate it or even suggest either one is heterosexual.
    I do think a good writer could sell me on nearly any couple even if it might not be a couple that I personally had previously shipped.

9. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    I don't mind large differences in age as long as the two people meet as adults. For some reason I don't like the scenario where an adult is a teacher/babysitter/family friend knows a child from a very young age and watches them grow up and once the child turns 18 they start dating. It just seems a little predatory. If there is a long gap from when the adult last saw the child that is a little less creepy.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  10. Endor_boy

Dec 24, 2013
    I agree, having the adult in the younger partner's person a lot when they're a child is kind of creepy.
    I'm a little hypocritical, but I generally don't care for older men with younger women, while older women with younger men I think is more interesting. In part my opinion comes from the real life gender inequality, and how much more common it is for an older man to be with a younger woman in real life, while older women/younger men are more stigmatized in society.
    Age differences in same sex relationships don't seem to be as big of a deal, as they're already breaking taboos anyways.
    I'm discussing relationships between two adults with an age difference, just to make that clear.

11. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Ugh. All this talk about inappropriate shippings is starting to get me nauseated. [face_sick]

Lady_Misty likes this.
  12. Ewok_Slayer

Nov 24, 2004
    Websites like Cougar Life are changing things. I think most parents may not like to see their 20 year old son dating a 50 year old woman because there is little chance of them producing children without medical assistance. That is usually the argument I hear with this type of situations. If you have a 20 year old woman and a 50 year old man that is not a problem. They can have plenty of kids. Most parents want grandchildren so they are a little biased.

Well, it is called the Worst Possible Shippings thread. :p

13. Endor_boy

Dec 24, 2013
    Yeah, I get that about kids.
    The whole cougar thing is an example of the double standard, since there's no similar name for men with younger women. I definitely see a change in attitude though, as it was a much bigger taboo in the past.
    I want to point out the humor in a discussion between a poster called "Ewok Slayer" and a poster called "Endor_boy" with a cute Hello Ewok avatar. We're practically a worst shipping couple lol

14. Ewok_Slayer

Nov 24, 2004
    lol! Yeah, that is probably not a good combination--the Ewok and the Ewok_Slayer.

Be careful, my friend. As Walter White would say, "Maybe your best course is to tread lightly".

Sorry, I'm a huge Breaking Bad fan.

Sure there is; it is called a dirty old man.

Space_Wolf and Endor_boy like this.
  15. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    I've seen story called [Story name removed] and it's very nasty. Leia was raped by Vader on the Death Star, and gave a birth to his child, while Luke decided to be noble and married her, so the child would have a father. Then Leia cheated on Luke with Han, and got pregnant again without knowing who is a father on this new child. She told Luke about it, but turned out, that it was his child, not Han's. Luke decided to confront his father and left the Alliance, leaving only a note to Han. Seven or something years later they met again with Luke being suicidal spice addict. In short, it's disgusting.

Mav Edit: You may talk about a fic you didn't like as it pertains to the thread, but please don't put the name of the story.

16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I really don't care for the gender and age double standards. Most people do seem to have a problem with age gaps especially if a young woman like me likes a silver fox which is infuriating. They usually act like we women are stupid and merely looking for money or a father-figure. Not me, while I would absolutely like a gentleman, I have always preferred silver foxes and other older men. Age and life experience appeals to me but so does manners and loyalty.

I personally don't think it should matter when the older one meets the younger one. It's not inherently creepy to me. It's their approach and how they behave towards each other that counts.

17. Padawan Fangirl

Nov 28, 2013
    This. I love older men. Most guys in my age group are very immature, which puts me off. That's why I made my OC, Jessica, Padmé's age, instead of the same age as Jango. I think mature young ladies paired with mature older gents is more romantic than mature young ladies with immature young men.

The only time I cringe is when the younger person is underage, unless the fic theme is something like an innocent crush.

WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE FORCE

No, no, no, NO.

18. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I actually liked that story. It was very dark and gritty. I later found out the writer was struggling with drug addiction (this she remarked in the author notes), which is probably why the depth of Luke's addiction was so realistic. I am pretty sure Leia was separated from Luke when she hooked up with Han. They had found out they were siblings and they separated despite the fact that Luke still loved her as his wife. This is the reason Luke dropped into a deep depression and turned to drugs.

19. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    I am sorry to hear that,and I hope she got better since that time. And it's understood why he turned to drugs.
    I wonder if suicidal line was based on a real life too. Probably. :( One of my childhood friends hanged himself two months ago. He was struggling with addiction too.

20. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Padawan Fangirl: It's nice to see I'm not alone! :D Your stated reasons for preferring older gentlemen are indeed some that I share as well. :) Likewise, sometimes, in writing I believe a writer should offer an alternative to RL circumstances. Older/younger couples being such a case. Though such relationships often don't work because of some immaturity or other, I strive to write age-gap relationships morally and respectfully.

Padawan Fangirl likes this.
  21. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    Anakin Skwalker/Ahsoka Tano.

It was bound to happen. I mean, it actually happened right after the karking movie came out. I remember browsing ffn.net and coming across a particularly nasty story that gave me nightmares.

22. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Leia/Tarkin

The talk of older men made me think of that, along with Asajj/Dooku, though that I can see as plausible. Dooku would take a domineering stance and basically be banging Asajj on the side. Nothing more than that.

Now that I've put that image in your head, my job here is done.

23. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I'm not a big fan of parental figure/almost offspring pairings. I don't really like Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan or Obi-Wan/Anakin. The reasons are when Qui-Gon died he was Obi-Wan's Master which is an authoritative figure it would be like a student having sex with their thesis adviser (Numb3rs talked a bit about that when Charlie and Amita started dating how he had been her thesis adviser and how at least one person thought it was inappropriate). The same could be said about Obi-Wan/Anakin but you add to it in the mix that in AotC Anakin says that Obi-Wan is the closest thing he has to a father/is like a father then in RotS at least Obi-Wan said that he considered Anakin to be a brother

I think I mentioned in this thread the book Damia where an older character ends up marrying his bosses daughter; the daughter he would help out when she was little and her older siblings before her.

I don't mind Anakin/Ahsoka but she has to be older and their relationship has to change. There's a good one on ff.net. If anyone wants it's name let me know. But I will admit that most of them are bad I was horrified just reading parts of them.

24. Asajj_Kenobi

Asajj_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    Anakin/Ahsoka would be okay if she was not a minor, not his padawan, and he wasn't married. It is just wrong on so many levels.

I think a bad pairing would be a Hutt with anything that wasn't a Hutt. Not that I necessarily have anything against humans being paired with monstrous species. I just watched that movie Hansel and Gretel and some Gretel/Edward the Troll plot bunnies started to run through my head. :p I think it is the fact that Hutts aren't bipedal that grosses me out (when looking at a mating situation with humanoids).

Space_Wolf and Lady_Misty like this.
  25. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Jabba/Oola, Jabba/Leia, Ziro/Padme, Ziro/Ahsoka, Hutt/slavegirl

The last one I see always happening behind the scenes because it would. And at one point, there was implied Jabba/Sy Snootles, and who can forget the classic canon ship of Ziro/Sy Snootles?

She loved him from the bottom of her fluid sac.

Lady_Misty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.